Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Builds Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new hotfix has arrived for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

The third minor update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is now available to download - containing further fixes and enhancements to the simulation following deployment of December's major new build release.

Whilst the big December update brought with it plenty of goodies for sim racers to enjoy, as is usually the case with these sorts of things one or two unwelcome issues have crept into the new build. Already Kunos Simulazioni have been quick out the blocks with a substantial hotfix update back on Wednesday, following up with another couple of more minor fresh releases to the title - details of which can be found below:

V1.2.2
  • Fixed podium visibility in gallery replays.
  • Fixed pitcrew animation when only refuelling is selected.
  • Fixed brake pads in old savegames.
  • Tweaks for Porsche 991II GT3 R FFB vibration.
  • Tweaks to overall dirt buildup on the car bodywork and windscreen.
  • Fixed Ferrari rim LODs that was causing custom colours to show up incorrectly at a distance.
  • MP: increased private server slots for Hungaroring (50) and Zandvoort (34), Silverstone (50), Nurburgring (50), Misano (50) and Barcelona (50).
  • Fix for shared memory stopping after a transition.
  • Porsche EVO and Huracan EVO Spa aggressive setups updated to mitigate physics-induced vibration on certain DD wheels.

V1.2.3
  • MP: fixed erroneous teleporting of cars during formation lap.
  • UI: fixed Stats page showing currently inactive content.

Image Credits: Richard sss / Minamoto_W / lizzyanne

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

ACC Update - Minamoto_W.jpg
ACC Update lizzyanne.png

What AI settings do you use to get them to neither ram you from behind nor brake on the exit of apexes?

For example, at Monza they come from 50 metres back or more and just use me as a wall to get around the corner on the inside into T1, or if I'm close to them, but behind, they go defensive into T1 and on the apex of T1, instead of rolling through the corner, they brakecheck me. After about 20 times in the first 2 hour race of either of these happening, I got fed-up with racing the AI.
Didn't race Monza for some time, but I can tell you, that divebombing entering both chicanes of Zolder is basically a non-issue anymore since the v.1.2 update. At least I didn't experience any troubles since then.
Will check Monza these days. Normally I race a 90%/75% AI, but Career is surely more difficult in 'hard' (as mentioned).

Do you find it oversteery in ACC? I always find ACC a bit too forgiving under lift-off oversteer, for example. to be honest...
Except the newer Lambo EVO, you kind of have to drive it on this oversteery edge, so it's getting ridiculously fast :D

I own an elderly 'restored' 911 so oversteer is a fact of driving life.
The oversteer in ACC is oddly overdone for some cars (most actually) but that's easily sorted, IMHO the dreaded understeer is way overdone OOTB and I'm getting to grips with reducing the plowing into corners with everything.
:O_o:

Update from post #23 , This sim is incredibly Immersive, I have 1 hour left in the Spa 24hr (6hr) career mode, It's gone into night time the track has cooled down a lot , breaking points have changed and TC has been turned up. Haven't changed tyres for a few stints , worked out that 23 litres of fuel will get me through each 15 minute driver stint although the last stint I had to turn the engine map up to 8 to save fuel, made it back to pits with 1 litre to spare. The Track is continuously changing and you have to adapt by changing your driving style and your car adjustments accordingly. The save feature is Saviour :) . You can't appreciate the Quality of this Sim Until you do and Enduro, and that's when you realy learn to make adjustments on the fly. It gets easier. but that's at Spa with long straights, More tricky at short tracks I would imagine.

:inlove:
IMHO the dreaded understeer is way overdone OOTB and I'm getting to grips with reducing the plowing into corners with everything.
That's what i often experience in ACC. Some cars are feeling too "safe" ...right into the area, where it is not safe anymore. If that makes sense...
But adjusting aero balance and diff preload does the trick on most of the cars, for me, when using the aggressive presets and working tyre pressures.

Yesterday, i watched a stream by Aris from KS and it confirmed my assumption, that aero balance is the most significant tool, to fit the car more to the drivers style of controlling it in ACC. It definetly does a LOT, to change behaviour under braking and through/out of corners, depending, how you do it.

The oversteer in ACC is oddly overdone for some cars (most actually) but that's easily sorted, IMHO the dreaded understeer is way overdone OOTB and I'm getting to grips with reducing the plowing into corners with everything.
:O_o:

You need to watch Aris’ latest stream, he explains the slip of road tyres vs GT3 tyres, you’ll realise US/OS are not overdone and a lot is probably down to your driving style. There’s also a really good segment on coasting into the apex which is a different driving style that benefits from the aero.

There’s also a really good segment on coasting into the apex which is a different driving style that benefits from the aero.
I was surprised, to finally see someone explaining it, of "faster" people, i watch/follow.^^ It's a workaround, though, you can also trail the car in, on the brakes, putting your foot slightly on it, but you will make your rear pretty light, by doing it, so you have to pay much attention and focus to your pedalwork and it will be a bit faster. But it is a perfect method, to keep a fast, stable pace, to coast the apex and it doesn't just work in ACC :)

Really impressed by the way things are going... Up till no I found ACC lagging compared to iracing and rfactor 2 but it's catching up!! I'm playing with a Accuforce/GS-5 motion platform and you really feel the improvements. Will have to share my time between the three of them...

Update from post #46, After completing the Spa Endurance race in Career mode and Finishing in 1st position , 1 lap ahead in Hard mode , ( the Ai must be a bit weak in Career mode as I'm not that quick Avr 2:23 per lap) Although Ive only Won 1 other race in career mode so maybe it's just Spa AI that are slow. Anyway I thought it was end of Career mode but it turns out I have one more race 3hr (1hr) at Barcelona. Which I look forward to racing. Until next time , Merry Christmas all, Cheers.

Final Update from Post #52 /\
Completed Career mode and Finished with another win in the Final race at Barcelona.

After Watching Aris latest youtube video , I got a good understanding of the Tyre contact patch through the FFB Wheel and you can really feel with small wheel movement through corners the contact patch and the Tyre grip, which increases your overall accuracy into breaking markers and turn ins .Recommended Viewing.

Only disappointment at the End of Career mode was, 17000 points? what ever that means ? And a Bronze Trophy.

Next up Championship Mode. :)

P.S. The other important thing for me (most Sim racers possibly already know this) ; Aris discusses in the Video is how , why and when to adjust tyre pressures including the best pressures for the driving conditions.

Last edited:
Mine also aren't working (wheelbase), the Wheel LED is working though. I'm using Fanaleds for all the games, that aren't using the wheelbase LEDs and this is also working in ACC.^^

Yes, it's the rev LEDs on the wheel base that don't work for me :mad: .
The steering wheel LEDs work great thankfully :thumbsup::thumbsup: .
Is Fanaleds something else ? (I only have the standard CSL wheel base)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back