Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix Update V1.7.6 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed a new hotfix update to Assetto Corsa Competizione, adding a raft of new fixes, updates and improvements to the official GT World Challenge simulation.
  • UI / HUD improvements.
  • Various car setup tweaks.
  • Logitech Trueforce fix.
The work of the good people over at Kunos Simulazioni seemingly never ends, as today the Italian development team have put together a new and rather substantial hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, bringing to the simulation a healthy collection of core gameplay improvements and content specific tweaks to the title.

Although nothing massive in its own right has been introduced with this V1.7.6 update, it is the smaller and more frequent builds such as this one that go a long way towards cementing ACC's position in the current sim racing landscape, one that only seems to be growing in stature with each new update and content release produced by the studio.

ACC Update Middle.jpg

v1.7.6 changelog

PHYSICS:

• Shared memory: added currentTyreSet and strategyTyreSet.
  • Capped tick frequency of automatic setup system to avoid unwanted oscillation at very high tick rates.
  • Corrected occasional inconsistent camber conversion of default 2019 setup presets when loaded on 2020 track versions.
  • Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT3 cars and track categories (all 2020, unless IGT or BrGT):
    • Honda NSX GT3 Evo at EU D
    • McLaren 720S GT3 at EU C and BrGT B
    • Lexus RC F GT3 at BrGT B and IGT E
    • BMW M6 GT3 at BrGT B and D
    • Bentley Continental GT3 at BrGT B
    • Audi R8 GT3 Evo at EU A and EU C
  • Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT4 cars:
    • AMR Vantage GT4 at EU D
    • KTM XBOW GT4 at EU B, C, D2 and D3
    • Ginetta G55 GT4 at BrGT B
    • Alpine A110 GT4 at BrGT B
    • Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R at BrGT B and D
GAMEPLAY:
  • Eliminated rare interference of the Logitech Trueforce implementation with AI controller.
  • Fixed checkered flag marshal at Paul Ricard waving flag prematurely at race finish.
  • Race comm - adjusted strategy alert threshold for being on the wrong tyre compound.
UI:
  • Added more race length options and combinations to custom race weekend mode.
  • Fixed AI slider being mixed up in championship settings.
  • BOP category indicator on garage screen made visible in Single Player sessions.
  • MFD - removed driver autoselect feature in Multiplayer driver swap sessions.
  • Tweaked DirectInput repeat-when-button-held activation timing in UI navigation.
  • Tweaked HUD hiding/showing/cycling behaviour, fixed initial display of available HUD lists not populating.
  • Replay - quickly hide control panel when clicking on empty screen area, do not pop up control panel when using the standings widget.
GRAPHICS:
  • Added British GT windshield banner options for custom cars.
  • Fixed British GT numberplate layout incompatibility with the Mclaren 570S custom liveries.
  • Minor graphical fixes on the Porsche Cup car.

Original Source: ACC Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on console and PC.

Start a thread, ask a question, get a response. Yup, the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to do all of those things and more - so what are you waiting for, get stuck in and start a conversation today!

ACC Update Footer.jpg

Attachments

• ACC Update Header.jpg
    ACC Update Header.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Edit: just after finishing my lament above, I noticed a new update of ACC on Steam, which is weird, since the latest update came out on 19th of March. I keep my games updated, and I played ACC yesterday, so this update confuses me. Is it possible, that my whole rant was irrelevant? I'll find it out in a moment. :O_o:

Edit 2: Nope, my rant is still relevant...

I confirm ... as I came to the same conclusion a few hours ago.
I guess there was some problem on March 19 as I noticed the install time of this quickly downloaded update took a very very long time compared to the usual time for an update of the +- the same weight.

Its funny...

i dont like iRacing, so i dont visit the forums.
I dont play AM2, so i dont visit its forums either.
I dont like Forza or Gran Turismo, so guess what? I dont visit those forums too.

Yet, you dont like ACC, but here you are :O_o:

I'm guessing it's because of the posts on the main page.

I will always like ACC, but I can spend entire weeks without firing it up, then maybe have a great week of public lobby racing, followed by a very shitty week where everything goes wrong and people are dumb as a rock, followed by another week off, etc.

I used to practice everyday on it, just trying to get faster, but I don't feel the thrill anymore in seeing my times get better. I moved on to enjoying driving a variety of different cars and tracks that ACC can't offer.

The quality is undeniable (FFB to me, is good, not great) but this is a perfect game for someone that wants to focus on one series and getting the most out of a given car and really the worst sim for anyone else. I understand why some people might not like it, it can feel stale and boring after a while (I have just under 600 hs). Even after Kunos releases new tracks... everyone is driving Monza and Spa in public lobbies, and league racing is just not for everyone.

Edit: I guess my point was... some people have a hard time understanding how spending 400 hours driving Spa on the 488 can be considered fun. I wonder that sometimes too.

Last edited:
Edit: I guess my point was... some people have a hard time understanding how spending 400 hours driving Spa on the 488 can be considered fun. I wonder that sometimes too.

I have 1294 hours in ACC, and 1000 of them are on Brands Hatch, and I'm still crap ;)

But I do love ACC and I love Brands Hatch, so I'm happy, and as I'm crap you should be happy as well because...... I don't race online ;)

I'm guessing it's because of the posts on the main page.

I will always like ACC, but I can spend entire weeks without firing it up, then maybe have a great week of public lobby racing, followed by a very shitty week where everything goes wrong and people are dumb as a rock, followed by another week off, etc.

I used to practice everyday on it, just trying to get faster, but I don't feel the thrill anymore in seeing my times get better. I moved on to enjoying driving a variety of different cars and tracks that ACC can't offer.

The quality is undeniable (FFB to me, is good, not great) but this is a perfect game for someone that wants to focus on one series and getting the most out of a given car and really the worst sim for anyone else. I understand why some people might not like it, it can feel stale and boring after a while (I have just under 600 hs). Even after Kunos releases new tracks... everyone is driving Monza and Spa in public lobbies, and league racing is just not for everyone.

Yeah, but other games are on the main page too, but i still don't click on them as i have little/no interest.

With ACC you know what you are getting, its GT3/4 and nothing else, so to say its boring as its nothing new and has the same old tracks is right, but its also predictable. You wouldn't come to ACC to find a whole host of content and something new, you come here for the focussed experience.

I have played it since EA day 1, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) i dont get to play it as much as i would like and have only clocked up 340 hours, so maybe its still new and fresh to me compared to those who have far more hours like yourself. Still, my point stands, if i no longer liked it (especially from day 1) then i wouldn't be wasting my time visiting forums about it, just to tell people that i didn't like it.

Last edited:
I love ACC.

I am happy with all DLC, but i never forget to have a look regularly at the concurrents !

Yesterday i fired up raceroom at zandvoort on the AMG and the Z4, and i must say that for me the sounds are A LOT above everything else (ACC included).
And as a personal preference, i must admit that i enjoyed the FFB too (i don't say it is more realistic or not)

All that to say that i am convinced that it remains even today a lot of room to improve ACC even further

Its funny...

i dont like iRacing, so i dont visit the forums.
I dont play AM2, so i dont visit its forums either.
I dont like Forza or Gran Turismo, so guess what? I dont visit those forums too.

Yet, you dont like ACC, but here you are :O_o:

You're doing it all wrong. RD copy-pastes all the games changelogs for us to have a place to complain that sim X is worse than sim Y.

salt-mine-hydrogen.jpg

RD staff at work, planning to extract another load of salt from the forums, colorized.

Last edited:
a question, with a pitstop, a pitstop takes about 30 sec (30L and 4 tires)
But it remains 30Sec if you take 1L or 100L still 30sec

On the dedicated server in the eventRules.json isRefuellingTimeFixed is set to 0

So that can't be it

I have 1294 hours in ACC, and 1000 of them are on Brands Hatch, and I'm still crap ;)

But I do love ACC and I love Brands Hatch, so I'm happy, and as I'm crap you should be happy as well because...... I don't race online ;)
I'm new to Sim Racing, and chose ACC to get started. That was three weeks ago.

Guess what? Of all the tracks I tried, Brands Hatch immediately stole my heart! I see myself coming back to it over and over for practice stints. So I can definitely relate.

I also loved Bathurst, but it's a bit too technical for me atm.

Yeah, but other games are on the main page too, but i still don't click on them as i have little/no interest.

With ACC you know what you are getting, its GT3/4 and nothing else, so to say its boring as its nothing new and has the same old tracks is right, but its also predictable. You wouldn't come to ACC to find a whole host of content and something new, you come here for the focussed experience.

I have played it since EA day 1, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) i dont get to play it as much as i would like and have only clocked up 340 hours, so maybe its still new and fresh to me compared to those who have far more hours like yourself. Still, my point stands, if i no longer liked it (especially from day 1) then i wouldn't be wasting my time visiting forums about it, just to tell people that i didn't like it.

Oh I agree 100% with you. But apparently some people don't have anything better to do.

I love ACC for what it is, and it is by far the most polished sim out there, I just don't find myself as drawn to it lately. To me when the GT4s released and everyone was racing them was the golden age of ACC lol, those like... 2 weeks.

The thing is, people complain about ACC not having certain cars and tracks or being too 'one track minded', but no one ever mentions the same with games like F1.
Apart from the clue being in the name, there is no difference between the (basics) of the 2. One is dedicated to F1, the other to GT3/4.
Perhaps the error was in the name. People read Assetto Corsa (competizione) and expected it to be Assetto Corsa, despite it being said time and time again it isn't. If they had called it GT Competizione it would have stopped this confusion, but may have harmed sales due to people not linking it as coming from the same house.

Last edited:
ACC offers the multiplayer experience I've always wanted from titles like Rf2.
I think the folks at KS got that bit right and it shows by the number of online users in any given session.
I have never been rejected from any multiplayer practice, race or test I qualified for, due to not having the car, track, physics package, etc...
As to the look and feel of the cars... It is one of only a few titles, wherein the car looks and feels the part. It reacts like you'd expect it to.
There is weight... the darn things don't simply 'skate' off track when touching a curb... the output response is there when you input one, etc...
The list goes on and on.
The only real gripe I could find with ACC, was in the VR/WMR menu access on starting a session.
The menus were always located below and out of the line of sight.
It was always kind of a guessing game to select the appropriate radio buttons.
I thought that took a bit too long to fix...and maybe it still isn't fixed, as I have not run in VR since selling my GTX1080Ti.
Once in the virtual cockpit space, it was a good experience.
With every update, this title has gotten better.

I'm not up to quite that many hours, but I'm doing something similar with Silverstone in the McLaren 720. I have a goal of getting into the 1:59s and I'm thoroughly enjoying the pursuit. This is also part of my pursuit for general competence.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back