Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix Update V1.7.6 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed a new hotfix update to Assetto Corsa Competizione, adding a raft of new fixes, updates and improvements to the official GT World Challenge simulation.
  • UI / HUD improvements.
  • Various car setup tweaks.
  • Logitech Trueforce fix.
The work of the good people over at Kunos Simulazioni seemingly never ends, as today the Italian development team have put together a new and rather substantial hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, bringing to the simulation a healthy collection of core gameplay improvements and content specific tweaks to the title.

Although nothing massive in its own right has been introduced with this V1.7.6 update, it is the smaller and more frequent builds such as this one that go a long way towards cementing ACC's position in the current sim racing landscape, one that only seems to be growing in stature with each new update and content release produced by the studio.

ACC Update Middle.jpg

v1.7.6 changelog

PHYSICS:

• Shared memory: added currentTyreSet and strategyTyreSet.
  • Capped tick frequency of automatic setup system to avoid unwanted oscillation at very high tick rates.
  • Corrected occasional inconsistent camber conversion of default 2019 setup presets when loaded on 2020 track versions.
  • Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT3 cars and track categories (all 2020, unless IGT or BrGT):
    • Honda NSX GT3 Evo at EU D
    • McLaren 720S GT3 at EU C and BrGT B
    • Lexus RC F GT3 at BrGT B and IGT E
    • BMW M6 GT3 at BrGT B and D
    • Bentley Continental GT3 at BrGT B
    • Audi R8 GT3 Evo at EU A and EU C
  • Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT4 cars:
    • AMR Vantage GT4 at EU D
    • KTM XBOW GT4 at EU B, C, D2 and D3
    • Ginetta G55 GT4 at BrGT B
    • Alpine A110 GT4 at BrGT B
    • Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R at BrGT B and D
GAMEPLAY:
  • Eliminated rare interference of the Logitech Trueforce implementation with AI controller.
  • Fixed checkered flag marshal at Paul Ricard waving flag prematurely at race finish.
  • Race comm - adjusted strategy alert threshold for being on the wrong tyre compound.
UI:
  • Added more race length options and combinations to custom race weekend mode.
  • Fixed AI slider being mixed up in championship settings.
  • BOP category indicator on garage screen made visible in Single Player sessions.
  • MFD - removed driver autoselect feature in Multiplayer driver swap sessions.
  • Tweaked DirectInput repeat-when-button-held activation timing in UI navigation.
  • Tweaked HUD hiding/showing/cycling behaviour, fixed initial display of available HUD lists not populating.
  • Replay - quickly hide control panel when clicking on empty screen area, do not pop up control panel when using the standings widget.
GRAPHICS:
  • Added British GT windshield banner options for custom cars.
  • Fixed British GT numberplate layout incompatibility with the Mclaren 570S custom liveries.
  • Minor graphical fixes on the Porsche Cup car.

Original Source: ACC Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on console and PC.

Start a thread, ask a question, get a response. Yup, the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to do all of those things and more - so what are you waiting for, get stuck in and start a conversation today!

ACC Update Footer.jpg

Attachments

• ACC Update Header.jpg
    ACC Update Header.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Even with the official license, they can’t even deliver updated content with all the cars and tracks of a season. Sorry to say, Covid is not a valid excuse as other developers still able to deliver more last year.

You have obviously no idea of what you are talking about. In the past 12 months, Kunos released 3 DLCs and 25 game updates.

I work in the video game industry, and with some of the biggest and most prolific video game developers in Europe and the work from home situation has heavily impacted productivity, especially if as a content creator you are thriving for delivering top quality content.

The art of making games is a creative process that requires human interactions and social bonds. As a matter of facts, you don't have a studio or a game publisher that has not been negatively impacted by the lockdowns and Covid. 99.9% of games in production have been delayed for that very reason...

I find actually quite extraordinary the level of commitment from the studio to support the game and the community during these difficult times.

When Kunos was developing AC, there had been more communications and more importantly, there was a passion from Kunos in making a great game. With ACC, the passion is gone like how sterile the game feel each time I play.

If you would take a moment to reach out directly to the team and talk to them, you would see that the passion is intact and they listen to the community.

I've reached out to other teams (iRacing, Reiza, Studios 357)... they don't listen.

You have obviously no idea of what you are talking about. In the past 12 months, Kunos released 3 DLCs and 25 game updates.

I work in the video game industry, and with some of the biggest and most prolific video game developers in Europe and the work from home situation has heavily impacted productivity, especially if as a content creator you are thriving for delivering top quality content.

The art of making games is a creative process that requires human interactions and social bonds. As a matter of facts, you don't have a studio or a game publisher that has not been negatively impacted by the lockdowns and Covid. 99.9% of games in production have been delayed for that very reason...

I find actually quite extraordinary the level of commitment from the studio to support the game and the community during these difficult times.

If you would take a moment to reach out directly to the team and talk to them, you would see that the passion is intact and they listen to the community.

I've reached out to other teams (iRacing, Reiza, Studios 357)... they don't listen.

It is amazing how sour you people got. I do not like the game at this stage, it does not mean it is bad. There is no need to write thousand words essay to convince me that it is a good game. It is not, for me.

More importantly, it is fine. It is called OPINIONS.

It is amazing how sour you people got. I do not like the game at this stage, it does not mean it is bad. There is no need to write thousand words essay to convince me that it is a good game. It is not, for me.

More importantly, it is fine. It is called OPINIONS.

I'm only commenting on one thing, your so called "opinion" that Covid is not to blame for the game not being updated enough or quickly enough.

I'm willing for people to not only have an opinion but to comment on things they know about. You clearly don't know or understand how video games are made, and your option is a false claim.

I'm not commenting on anything else you've said or that you don't like ACC. If you don't like it, so be it.

I still don't get why someone who doesn't like something would come onto a thread to tell people they don't like it, as if people are interested in that opinion.
Its not really informative or even helpful.
Why not try it, don't like it, and move on to something you do actually like.
You don't have to tell the world you don't like it, just move on and don't waste any more of your time on it.

Maybe i am missing something.

Last edited:
I think it is the famous "I know better", that is very common on simracing, where the main quotes are:
"It should have" and "We need", which basically is a symptom of "I know better".

The most complicated algorithms and code changes come from lulu, lulu just arrived home from school, now he is a senior software developer, racing strategist, weather expert, racing engineer and race director, he just don't knows yet how to write a 2 liner that displays 'hello world' but is sure the developer are lazy, he don't drives in rain and runs on monza 100% of the time, sometimes he becomes an explorator and goes to spa, but that is to short, only uphill and race is over (everyone was so slow on lap1 - he can't believe it!).
lulu has also a traditional set of messages to tell the other wreckers that always wreck him:
"you moron" "I was there" "idiot" "go back to school"

Last edited:
I think it is the famous "I know better", that is very common on simracing, where the main quotes are:
"It should have" and "We need", which basically is a symptom of "I know better".

The most complicated algorithms and code chances come from lulu, lulu just arrived home from school, now he is a source code master, racing strategist, weather expert, racing engineer and race director, he just don't knows yet how to write a 2 liner that displays 'hello world' but is sure the developer are lazy, he don't drives in rain and runs on monza 100% of the time, sometimes he becomes an explorator and goes to spa, but that is to short, only uphill and race is over (everyone was so slow on lap1 - he can't believe it!).
lulu has also a traditional set of messages to tell the other wreckers that always wreck him:
"you moron" "I was there" "idiot" "go back to school"
Lulu will then go as fast as they can to ram 'the moron' off the road (taking out another innocent car in the process), or will wait a lap for moron to catch up, to then drive as fast as they can to ram 'moron' off the road that way. Then will rage quite.

For someone who does not enjoy MP, ACC has disappointing. The content has been fairly boring despite the GT4 added some much needed variety. The AI still sucks till today and it’s seemed like they have not much interest to improve it since day 1, even though it had received update recently. The physics too, I don’t enjoy the same car as much here than AC and the way the tire grips on the road at the limit is odd that if I do the same in other games, I would be in the gravel. Hated how bad it looks with UE4 too where even stock AC has better visuals, particularly on how the car materials looks and track atmosphere.

Even with the official license, they can’t even deliver updated content with all the cars and tracks of a season. Sorry to say, Covid is not a valid excuse as other developers still able to deliver more last year.

When Kunos was developing AC, there had been more communications and more importantly, there was a passion from Kunos in making a great game. With ACC, the passion is gone like how sterile the game feel each time I play.

You might love this game but honestly, I did not like it much from day 1 EA.

For someone who drives a tonne of GT3 and GT4 in other games, ACC should have been the top choice for me yeti decided to drive these cars in other games instead.
This game is obviously not for you. Go play your iRental.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%