Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now.

The new build has been given the V0.6.4 title and released today for the ever improving Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation by Kunos Simulazioni. Containing a reasonably impressive number of fixes and enhancements considering its 'hotfix' status, the update is available to download the next time you restart your Steam client.

Highlights from the build include AI performance enhancements, some experimental improvements for the CPU occupancy issues and a welcomed looked at improving collisions within the multiplayer aspect of the title.

You can read the full ACC V0.6.4 hotfix update notes below:
  • Fixed a bug in server leading to crashes and desynchronization of time, weather and sessions in Multiplayer.
  • Improved collisions in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Multiplayer collision detection for the Safety Rating (SA).
  • Removed automatic disqualification in Multiplayer; we collected enough data to go on while allowing drivers to enjoy MP without false positives.
  • Added experimental fix to reduce the CPU occupancy in the accServer.
  • Added CPU warnings to the accServer.
  • Fixed name overlays not working for drivers that join Multiplayer.
  • Fixed label visibility in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Driver Rating Profile displaying wrong data.
  • Disabled Driver Rating Profile "Total progression" chart.
  • Overall volume fine tuning.
  • Nissan GT-R GT3 automatic clutch fine tuning.
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 BOP correction.
  • Bentley GT3 2016 BOP correction.
  • Fixed automatic assist engine startup issue.
  • Improved AI pace all over the board

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 build status, and is available exclusively on Steam Early Access for PC.

Check out the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and opinions on the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

You should be a little more grateful that devs are still developing niche games for people like yourself. If they didn't care and were after the money they would be developing for a whole different genre instead.

That's the tightrope we walk on. Sometimes a company decides to go for only dollar signs and abandons their their user base like Blizzard did when it told their whole Diablo user base that they were going to mobile next. The backlash was hell, but they may make more money with a mobile game.

In our case we are dealing with a very passionate and demanding niche of a much larger audience.

Give software developers useful feedback and encouragement and you will get more progress than just slamming them continually. Demoralizing a developer causes a HUGE drop in productivity. This isn't conjecture. It's well known fact. It is important to make sure management is setting the right priorities by showing what you care about, but that's different than going on rants.

Last edited:
VR seems slightly better once again, almost holding 90FPS everywhere now but still the occasional dip to 45FPS in the tighter corners, so ASW is still required. The in car image is clear and sharp now, highly immersive, distance draw is good enough too.

One question though. Is the Car Control rating working as intended? My CC figure has been at 54 since the second reset for 6.02. In the Driver Rating graphs I am getting lots 'overdriving' feedback so this could well be down to me and my driving. However when I drive laps with the Car Control specific overlay (the one that gives the ratings like too much steering, slow, ok, fine, good, perfect etc) I am getting mostly 'green' feedback with the occasional blue (too slow) and yellow/red if I'm too aggressive or miss the apex etc. Track rating is fixed once all 3 stars are earned of course and all the other areas such as consistency, pace, race craft etc move as I'd expect as I put some more laps in. The Car Control rating remains stubbornly unmoved even after a careful session so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone here knows the answer - thanks!
The CC takes a while to change, just keep driving without over/under-driving, and it should go up slowly.

ermmm, you took that way out of context....

Blind praise for doing 4 hot fixes? Really?
The devs behind Dakar got ripped on here for loads of hot fixes absolutely ripped.... its utter hypocrisy.

They SHOULD fix bugs...... it isn't something to be praised for....
This hotfix is raising some serious issues! maybe they should include a number to an abuse helpline after hotfixes are reliesed like a serious episode of neighbours or home and away.
Mod Edit: removed from quoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly is abysmal?
Abysmal - it is a word thrown random here just for ... nothing. There is no need for a fix*, just continuous development and improvement until the game is finished.

*the whole game is not finished yet so no need to be "fixed". You can't "fix" something is not yet finished. It is like someone, sometime ago, compared ACC with a house in construction. In our case the house have half of roof and, of course, rain inside. You cant ask to constructors to "fix" the roof !!!!!!!!! They don't finish yet the roof !!!!!! Wait for the house to be ready and if rain inside then ask for a FIX.
I don't know, maybe next time I will try to draw, because word seams to be not enough :O_o:

Reactions: mms
I will be sincere here. I thought they could never active a reasonable final product to VR inside their schedule. Offcourse we know its E.A. and the problem was never the errors we was facing but the current status if you look to the time they have to arrive in Vs 1.0. Than, someone in reddit told me to turn off TAA (I already had tested a lot of tips from the internet but not that). Sudenly, with TAA off, the horrible blurriness have gone. It becomes from unplayable to barely playable. Without TAA I see a very bad aliasing that I can't correct with super sampling or any other setup. But its is much better than the horrible blurriness from before. I think if they fix this TAA or give us some alternative to fix alias I will sudenly become well playable in VR. Maybe (even having a lot to do) they spend some time fixing this before Vs 1.0. What I dont understand is, even during E.A., why they dont put a dev to spend one single day improving VR setups and publishing it in a clearly way. It would be better to everyone. But I am no one to tell Kunos what to do. I just droped this E.A. and will take a look in the future. I can play with a lot of bugs but I really dont want to play in a VR headset with VR graphics in this actual status and I don't want to spend days testing graphics configurations to active something barely playable. To me, in VR, Its something very hard to do. I just subscribed iRacing and I am having a lot of fun there (GTX 1080).

1. No mention of a fix for the truly abysmal VR. Shame..
  2. Pancake mode is getting there though..looks nice
I wanted to reply because I only just picked up ACC and was happy to find VR working so well. I have an i7-6700K with gtx1080 and running in game pixel density at 1.3 with most settings to Epic or High and it looks fantastic. Not locked 90fps but the asw is working well cause it looks very smooth and detailed. Also with TAA on Epic I set the sharpness or focus, whatever, to 125% and I do not find it blurry at all but very clear. Is your setup very different to mine ?

Still a long way to go, this sim just looks so weird, looks really bad and performance is terrible, Assetto Corsa, and all the other sims for that matter look and run way better. Yes it’s Early Access, I get it, but when it looks and runs this bad, I don’t have a lot of hope, there’s just something very strange on how the graphics are processed and I don’t see that being fixed at all. I truly hope I’ll be surprised.

Well it seems there is a divergence of experiences with ACC at this time and I guess hardware & other factors must play into it somewhat. In my case ACC looks and plays brilliantly and in terms of VR graphics looks as good as pC2 but physics and driveability surpasses it and in most situations also the FFB is excellent. But it is EA so much will change before full release for sure.

played it back to back with iRacing's GT3 for the first time yesterday night. Sound and visuals 2:0 for ACC, but online player base and drive feel 0:2 for iRacing, so it's a 2:2 draw for me. The real loser here is RRE, since I will probably not touch it at all after joining ACC, too little time to play all these great games.
Stuff i'd love to have fixed in ACC till release (Monza race day?):
- larger fields for Enduro racing
- the HUD showing your position in race, it's abysmally slow to catch up with changes in the order and does not show the three chaps in front or behind me
- ability to save game at any given time
- AI able to go into t1 in Monza without forming a queue 500m before apex, it just looks so silly.

What exactly is abysmal? I have at least 70 hrs in VR in this game without any issues.
A couple of versions ago it worked for me too, sort of. After release 6, I did a fresh install, as recommended. Since then, the problem I have is how to get into it, and how to select anything. When I start in VR mode, with an Acer WMR headset, and the Steam VR app, the screen is right down between my feet somewhere, and much too small to read properly anyway.
If Kunos don't know how to do it, maybe they could ask the developers behind rF2 or PC2: they both start in seconds, have a full size screen display, and have mouse support too.
I mean, how hard can it be? Or is it particularly difficult to do with Unreal Engine?
I'd love to see how it is in VR, in Pancake mode with everything maxed out, I'm getting over 100fps, the VR performance should be pretty decent.
Maybe when the final release comes it'll be useable....

IMO it looks great and feels great. It's going to be a great (gt3) sim, maybe the best until something new comes along.
But, something needs to be done with the mirrors quality/resolution optimization. Too much of an fps drop and they still in my opinion look worse than for example ac, pcars2...

These last couple of updates have improved VR hugely for me, the image is sharper and it's all round smoother. This short race at night in the wet with medium rain was truly immersive, atmospheric and thrilling.

Best of all vision through the rain is so much more realistic, yes visibility is limited but now I can see the cars in front, brake lights etc and the rain looks like it is lit by my lights. Previously the rain looked to me as if it was lit from the car in front. Wet track feel through the wheel is now much improved too, the surface and kerbs feel slippy. Hearing the traction control working as the revs attempt to rise also seems right to me.

It is possible to race in storm conditions at night too but the visibility is still so limited it's basically like driving blind. The cars really do move around in a realistic way in the deep water, it's tricky but still controllable.

No mention of a fix for the truly abysmal VR. Shame..
I'd love to see how it is in VR
I want to underline and bold the second quote (which is made ONE DAY after the first one): I'd love to see how it is in VR (wait …. it is not ...how you said, abysmal??????????????)
What can I say more ……..
I'm just sad :cry:
Please take a look here:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/main-menu-in-vr-not-centered.54210/
upload_2019-3-15_22-23-15.png

Last edited:
I want to underline and bold the second quote (which is made ONE DAY after the first one): I'd love to see how it is in VR (wait …. it is not ...how you said, abysmal??????????????)
What can I say more ……..
I'm just sad :cry:
Please take a look here:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/main-menu-in-vr-not-centered.54210/
View attachment 296710
When I said it was abysmal, I was referring to the UI: if I could get into it, I suspect that it would run quite well on my system. As long as the UI is so difficult to use, I can only guess how it looks now since the latest update.
I can only say that it looks very nice in pancake mode: until such time as they sort the VR UI out, I can only guess at what VR looks like...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back