• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 13, 2019.

1. RCHeliguy

RCHeliguy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    That's the tightrope we walk on. Sometimes a company decides to go for only dollar signs and abandons their their user base like Blizzard did when it told their whole Diablo user base that they were going to mobile next. The backlash was hell, but they may make more money with a mobile game.

In our case we are dealing with a very passionate and demanding niche of a much larger audience.

Give software developers useful feedback and encouragement and you will get more progress than just slamming them continually. Demoralizing a developer causes a HUGE drop in productivity. This isn't conjecture. It's well known fact. It is important to make sure management is setting the right priorities by showing what you care about, but that's different than going on rants.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. mms

mms

Ratings:
    +88
    The CC takes a while to change, just keep driving without over/under-driving, and it should go up slowly.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. mrbungle83

mrbungle83

Ratings:
    +114
    This hotfix is raising some serious issues! maybe they should include a number to an abuse helpline after hotfixes are reliesed like a serious episode of neighbours or home and away.
    Mod Edit: removed from quoted post.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
  4. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +520
    Abysmal - it is a word thrown random here just for ... nothing. There is no need for a fix*, just continuous development and improvement until the game is finished.

*the whole game is not finished yet so no need to be "fixed". You can't "fix" something is not yet finished. It is like someone, sometime ago, compared ACC with a house in construction. In our case the house have half of roof and, of course, rain inside. You cant ask to constructors to "fix" the roof !!!!!!!!! They don't finish yet the roof !!!!!! Wait for the house to be ready and if rain inside then ask for a FIX.
    I don't know, maybe next time I will try to draw, because word seams to be not enough :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. thevoidone

thevoidone

Ratings:
    +2
    I will be sincere here. I thought they could never active a reasonable final product to VR inside their schedule. Offcourse we know its E.A. and the problem was never the errors we was facing but the current status if you look to the time they have to arrive in Vs 1.0. Than, someone in reddit told me to turn off TAA (I already had tested a lot of tips from the internet but not that). Sudenly, with TAA off, the horrible blurriness have gone. It becomes from unplayable to barely playable. Without TAA I see a very bad aliasing that I can't correct with super sampling or any other setup. But its is much better than the horrible blurriness from before. I think if they fix this TAA or give us some alternative to fix alias I will sudenly become well playable in VR. Maybe (even having a lot to do) they spend some time fixing this before Vs 1.0. What I dont understand is, even during E.A., why they dont put a dev to spend one single day improving VR setups and publishing it in a clearly way. It would be better to everyone. But I am no one to tell Kunos what to do. I just droped this E.A. and will take a look in the future. I can play with a lot of bugs but I really dont want to play in a VR headset with VR graphics in this actual status and I don't want to spend days testing graphics configurations to active something barely playable. To me, in VR, Its something very hard to do. I just subscribed iRacing and I am having a lot of fun there (GTX 1080).

6. blanes

blanes

Ratings:
    +142
    I wanted to reply because I only just picked up ACC and was happy to find VR working so well. I have an i7-6700K with gtx1080 and running in game pixel density at 1.3 with most settings to Epic or High and it looks fantastic. Not locked 90fps but the asw is working well cause it looks very smooth and detailed. Also with TAA on Epic I set the sharpness or focus, whatever, to 125% and I do not find it blurry at all but very clear. Is your setup very different to mine ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +224
    Well wife went out and I had a lot of fun, since V0.6 it's been a massive improvement for me

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. mms

mms

Ratings:
    +88
    Now if you want the fun to continue you'll need to seal the doors and windows while she's still out :D

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. White Hawk

White Hawk

Ratings:
    +28
    Still a long way to go, this sim just looks so weird, looks really bad and performance is terrible, Assetto Corsa, and all the other sims for that matter look and run way better. Yes it’s Early Access, I get it, but when it looks and runs this bad, I don’t have a lot of hope, there’s just something very strange on how the graphics are processed and I don’t see that being fixed at all. I truly hope I’ll be surprised.

10. blanes

blanes

Ratings:
    +142
    Well it seems there is a divergence of experiences with ACC at this time and I guess hardware & other factors must play into it somewhat. In my case ACC looks and plays brilliantly and in terms of VR graphics looks as good as pC2 but physics and driveability surpasses it and in most situations also the FFB is excellent. But it is EA so much will change before full release for sure.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit

Ratings:
    +16
    When you buy $$$ takeaway, you get more dishes with Honey , than you do with Lemon
    Keep up the excellent work!

12. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +947
    played it back to back with iRacing's GT3 for the first time yesterday night. Sound and visuals 2:0 for ACC, but online player base and drive feel 0:2 for iRacing, so it's a 2:2 draw for me. The real loser here is RRE, since I will probably not touch it at all after joining ACC, too little time to play all these great games.
    Stuff i'd love to have fixed in ACC till release (Monza race day?):
    - larger fields for Enduro racing
    - the HUD showing your position in race, it's abysmally slow to catch up with changes in the order and does not show the three chaps in front or behind me
    - ability to save game at any given time
    - AI able to go into t1 in Monza without forming a queue 500m before apex, it just looks so silly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pafe

pafe

Ratings:
    +53
    It seems to get updated in sectors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +947
    yep, got that answer on acc forum as well, bit of a limitation i'd say

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    A couple of versions ago it worked for me too, sort of. After release 6, I did a fresh install, as recommended. Since then, the problem I have is how to get into it, and how to select anything. When I start in VR mode, with an Acer WMR headset, and the Steam VR app, the screen is right down between my feet somewhere, and much too small to read properly anyway.
    If Kunos don't know how to do it, maybe they could ask the developers behind rF2 or PC2: they both start in seconds, have a full size screen display, and have mouse support too.
    I mean, how hard can it be? Or is it particularly difficult to do with Unreal Engine?
    I'd love to see how it is in VR, in Pancake mode with everything maxed out, I'm getting over 100fps, the VR performance should be pretty decent.
    Maybe when the final release comes it'll be useable....

16. happy_racer

happy_racer

Ratings:
    +2
    IMO it looks great and feels great. It's going to be a great (gt3) sim, maybe the best until something new comes along.
    But, something needs to be done with the mirrors quality/resolution optimization. Too much of an fps drop and they still in my opinion look worse than for example ac, pcars2...

17. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +476
    These last couple of updates have improved VR hugely for me, the image is sharper and it's all round smoother. This short race at night in the wet with medium rain was truly immersive, atmospheric and thrilling.

Best of all vision through the rain is so much more realistic, yes visibility is limited but now I can see the cars in front, brake lights etc and the rain looks like it is lit by my lights. Previously the rain looked to me as if it was lit from the car in front. Wet track feel through the wheel is now much improved too, the surface and kerbs feel slippy. Hearing the traction control working as the revs attempt to rise also seems right to me.

It is possible to race in storm conditions at night too but the visibility is still so limited it's basically like driving blind. The cars really do move around in a realistic way in the deep water, it's tricky but still controllable.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +520
    I want to underline and bold the second quote (which is made ONE DAY after the first one): I'd love to see how it is in VR (wait …. it is not ...how you said, abysmal??????????????)
    What can I say more ……..
    I'm just sad :cry:
    Please take a look here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/main-menu-in-vr-not-centered.54210/
    upload_2019-3-15_22-23-15.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 1
  20. GuitarTech

GuitarTech
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    When I said it was abysmal, I was referring to the UI: if I could get into it, I suspect that it would run quite well on my system. As long as the UI is so difficult to use, I can only guess how it looks now since the latest update.
    I can only say that it looks very nice in pancake mode: until such time as they sort the VR UI out, I can only guess at what VR looks like...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.