Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now.

The new build has been given the V0.6.4 title and released today for the ever improving Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation by Kunos Simulazioni. Containing a reasonably impressive number of fixes and enhancements considering its 'hotfix' status, the update is available to download the next time you restart your Steam client.

Highlights from the build include AI performance enhancements, some experimental improvements for the CPU occupancy issues and a welcomed looked at improving collisions within the multiplayer aspect of the title.

You can read the full ACC V0.6.4 hotfix update notes below:
  • Fixed a bug in server leading to crashes and desynchronization of time, weather and sessions in Multiplayer.
  • Improved collisions in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Multiplayer collision detection for the Safety Rating (SA).
  • Removed automatic disqualification in Multiplayer; we collected enough data to go on while allowing drivers to enjoy MP without false positives.
  • Added experimental fix to reduce the CPU occupancy in the accServer.
  • Added CPU warnings to the accServer.
  • Fixed name overlays not working for drivers that join Multiplayer.
  • Fixed label visibility in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Driver Rating Profile displaying wrong data.
  • Disabled Driver Rating Profile "Total progression" chart.
  • Overall volume fine tuning.
  • Nissan GT-R GT3 automatic clutch fine tuning.
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 BOP correction.
  • Bentley GT3 2016 BOP correction.
  • Fixed automatic assist engine startup issue.
  • Improved AI pace all over the board

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 build status, and is available exclusively on Steam Early Access for PC.

Check out the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and opinions on the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I agree 100%
I really do Hope so, but it seems Devs are not going towards this direction (see ACC forum...).
Perhaps it could be useful to post your wishes also on Kunos ACC forum.
IMHO extended damage model with loosing parts etc. is the ONLY thing missing in Assetto Corsa Competizione, and it' s a real shame in 2019 (with such powerful PCs available....).
So let' s try to kindly ask to DEVS.....
In races having pieces fall off that you have to avoid is another layer to an awesome racing experience. Not just the same every lap for an hour. Dirt build up on windscreen, parts falling off (more rare but still) you have to avoid, scratches and dents on cars who had contact that you can see with your eyes (and maybe even be more careful around them because you see they have touched other cars) etc. Details like that creates an even more awesome experience.

I agree 100%
I really do Hope so, but it seems Devs are not going towards this direction (see ACC forum...).
Perhaps it could be useful to post your wishes also on Kunos ACC forum.
IMHO extended damage model with loosing parts etc. is the ONLY thing missing in Assetto Corsa Competizione, and it' s a real shame in 2019 (with such powerful PCs available....).
So let' s try to kindly ask to DEVS.....

I check the forum very regularly and don't recall the devs ever saying they aren't doing damage
Could you link me to the thread?

Hang on... lets be real here for a minute.
They took peoples money to help develop a game...the very least i'd expect from that is working to fix bugs etc....
We are far far too relaxed at developers in the sim world, they can get away with murder.
I get your point but we really need to start holding them to account and not simply blinding them with praise for fixing a bug when they have taken peoples money to fund development...
Never read more ignorant comment :roflmao::thumbsdown:

I find it funny people are still bitching and moaning about this title which isn't yet done but is easily one of the best driving sims on the market. First, if you don't agree with the early access business model, don't pay into it, no one is forcing you to get a 50+ % discount. Second, this is one of the 1% of game developers who not only actively communicate with their community but do so in a relatively quick manor, if you have an issue or concern contact Kunos, they listen. Lastly, if you expect a finished and polished product in early access just gtfo.

They took peoples money to help develop a game...the very least i'd expect from that is working to fix bugs etc....
And what do you think developers are doing all day then? Twisting thumbs for 8 hours staring out of the window?

You should be a little more grateful that devs are still developing niche games for people like yourself. If they didn't care and were after the money they would be developing for a whole different genre instead.

I don't like early access games myself, but bought it on release day for the support like I do with all racing games. I don't expect a bug free fully working game and neither should you. Early access games are just that: early access including bugs, broken features and a dynamic game in development.

I'll play the hell out of it when it's fully ready.

In races having pieces fall off that you have to avoid is another layer to an awesome racing experience. Not just the same every lap for an hour. Dirt build up on windscreen, parts falling off (more rare but still) you have to avoid, scratches and dents on cars who had contact that you can see with your eyes (and maybe even be more careful around them because you see they have touched other cars) etc. Details like that creates an even more awesome experience.
I totally agree, but I don't think this particular title is the place for this work to be accomplished because it's already straining GPUs in a new-to-simracing graphics engine(*). Maybe in a follow-on title, should one be produced in a couple years, when the GPUs have advanced fps another step forward.

(*) Kudos to Kunos for tackling this endeavor, even if I haven't bought in because "no triple screen support".

And what do you think developers are doing all day then? Twisting thumbs for 8 hours staring out of the window?

You should be a little more grateful that devs are still developing niche games for people like yourself. If they didn't care and were after the money they would be developing for a whole different genre instead.

I don't like early access games myself, but bought it on release day for the support like I do with all racing games. I don't expect a bug free fully working game and neither should you. Early access games are just that: early access including bugs, broken features and a dynamic game in development.

I'll play the hell out of it when it's fully ready.

ermmm, you took that way out of context....

Blind praise for doing 4 hot fixes? Really?
The devs behind Dakar got ripped on here for loads of hot fixes absolutely ripped.... its utter hypocrisy.

They SHOULD fix bugs...... it isn't something to be praised for.... Mod Edit: offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blind praise for doing 4 hot fixes?
Where do you see me blind praising anybody? I think you should wait until the game is finished and then complain if it doesn't meet your standard.

The only thing you can do now is report bugs in a constructive way and patiently wait for things to be fixed.

We are also not talking about the Dakar game here. So far Kunos Simulazione have an amazing track record of three (Netkar, Ferrari Virtual Academy and Assetto Corsa) excellent games developed in the last decade so they deserve the patience and the indeed the praise for these titles while ACC is still in full development. With such a history of games you have really not much to complain about me thinks.

If it's a broken mess after 1.0 release you can rightfully complain.

Where do you see me blind praising anybody? I think you should wait until the game is finished and then complain if it doesn't meet your standard.

The only thing you can do now is report bugs in a constructive way and patiently wait for things to be fixed.

We are also not talking about the Dakar game here. So far Kunos Simulazione have an amazing track record of three (Netkar, Ferrari Virtual Academy and Assetto Corsa) excellent games developed in the last decade so they deserve the patience and the indeed the praise for these titles while ACC is still in full development. With such a history of games you have really not much to complain about me thinks.

If it's a broken mess after 1.0 release you can rightfully complain.

I quoted another poster and you took the context out of it.
I largely agree with what you are saying.

I simply think fixing the game is the base line expectation, it isn't a "oh thank you so so much for fixing the game sirs.."
For me anyway..

you took that way out of context....
I see one person taking stuff out of context here

They took peoples money
No, out of free will you bought an unfinished early access product in exchange for money. Nobody forced you to do that.

We are far far too relaxed at developers in the sim world
Really? Then why are a tiny group of simracers considered some of the most toxic people to develop games for. Thankfully we have also a massive majority of great supportive people!

they can get away with murder
Again, who is out of context here. You should be ashamed for posting that as they can't even get away with having a few bugs in early access games it seems.

we really need to start holding them to account
Can we do the same please for people who do everything in their power to troll and destroy the simracing community from within? Can we please please please hold them accountable too?

have taken peoples money to fund development
No you, me and others have bough the game with discount at early access because we are either
a) cheap and want maximum discount when we can get it
b) are Dutch like myself, see a
c) support developers making great games for our great hobby.

VR seems slightly better once again, almost holding 90FPS everywhere now but still the occasional dip to 45FPS in the tighter corners, so ASW is still required. The in car image is clear and sharp now, highly immersive, distance draw is good enough too.

One question though. Is the Car Control rating working as intended? My CC figure has been at 54 since the second reset for 6.02. In the Driver Rating graphs I am getting lots 'overdriving' feedback so this could well be down to me and my driving. However when I drive laps with the Car Control specific overlay (the one that gives the ratings like too much steering, slow, ok, fine, good, perfect etc) I am getting mostly 'green' feedback with the occasional blue (too slow) and yellow/red if I'm too aggressive or miss the apex etc. Track rating is fixed once all 3 stars are earned of course and all the other areas such as consistency, pace, race craft etc move as I'd expect as I put some more laps in. The Car Control rating remains stubbornly unmoved even after a careful session so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone here knows the answer - thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%