• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +447
    In races having pieces fall off that you have to avoid is another layer to an awesome racing experience. Not just the same every lap for an hour. Dirt build up on windscreen, parts falling off (more rare but still) you have to avoid, scratches and dents on cars who had contact that you can see with your eyes (and maybe even be more careful around them because you see they have touched other cars) etc. Details like that creates an even more awesome experience.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Sonoafafayon

Sonoafafayon

Ratings:
    +85
    I check the forum very regularly and don't recall the devs ever saying they aren't doing damage
    Could you link me to the thread?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton

Ratings:
    +2
    As far as i know there will only be mechanical damage and not visual damage nothing greater then what Assetto Corsa has anyway

4. Jasje

Jasje

Ratings:
    +1
    What exactly is abysmal? I have at least 70 hrs in VR in this game without any issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Peter.

Peter.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +23
    comparing it to everything else it’s terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Taranta

Taranta

Ratings:
    +38
    Never read more ignorant comment :roflmao::thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. hatez-rednames

hatez-rednames

Ratings:
    +4
    I find it funny people are still bitching and moaning about this title which isn't yet done but is easily one of the best driving sims on the market. First, if you don't agree with the early access business model, don't pay into it, no one is forcing you to get a 50+ % discount. Second, this is one of the 1% of game developers who not only actively communicate with their community but do so in a relatively quick manor, if you have an issue or concern contact Kunos, they listen. Lastly, if you expect a finished and polished product in early access just gtfo.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Jasje

Jasje

Ratings:
    +1
    Do you have some arguments too?

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +91
    It's normally a restriction of the car manufacturer rather than the developers, as the manufacturers don't want their cars being shown with significant damage.

10. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +91
    BTW, another (minor) hotfix released today:
    Changelog:
    - Disabled the option for randomWeather in the Multiplayer server.

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. mms

mms

Ratings:
    +88
    What's the issue with the pit limiter, seems to work correctly for me.

12. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,939
    And what do you think developers are doing all day then? Twisting thumbs for 8 hours staring out of the window?

You should be a little more grateful that devs are still developing niche games for people like yourself. If they didn't care and were after the money they would be developing for a whole different genre instead.

I don't like early access games myself, but bought it on release day for the support like I do with all racing games. I don't expect a bug free fully working game and neither should you. Early access games are just that: early access including bugs, broken features and a dynamic game in development.

I'll play the hell out of it when it's fully ready.

• Beer Beer x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. makan

makan

Ratings:
    +113
    Not again :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +574
    I totally agree, but I don't think this particular title is the place for this work to be accomplished because it's already straining GPUs in a new-to-simracing graphics engine(*). Maybe in a follow-on title, should one be produced in a couple years, when the GPUs have advanced fps another step forward.

(*) Kudos to Kunos for tackling this endeavor, even if I haven't bought in because "no triple screen support".

• Like Like x 1
  15. apex11

apex11

Ratings:
    +490
    ermmm, you took that way out of context....

Blind praise for doing 4 hot fixes? Really?
    The devs behind Dakar got ripped on here for loads of hot fixes absolutely ripped.... its utter hypocrisy.

They SHOULD fix bugs...... it isn't something to be praised for.... Mod Edit: offensive.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Andrew King

Andrew King

Ratings:
    +3
    Can't wait for 1.0:)

17. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,939
    Where do you see me blind praising anybody? I think you should wait until the game is finished and then complain if it doesn't meet your standard.

The only thing you can do now is report bugs in a constructive way and patiently wait for things to be fixed.

We are also not talking about the Dakar game here. So far Kunos Simulazione have an amazing track record of three (Netkar, Ferrari Virtual Academy and Assetto Corsa) excellent games developed in the last decade so they deserve the patience and the indeed the praise for these titles while ACC is still in full development. With such a history of games you have really not much to complain about me thinks.

If it's a broken mess after 1.0 release you can rightfully complain.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  18. apex11

apex11

Ratings:
    +490
    I quoted another poster and you took the context out of it.
    I largely agree with what you are saying.

I simply think fixing the game is the base line expectation, it isn't a "oh thank you so so much for fixing the game sirs.."
    For me anyway..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +17,939
    I see one person taking stuff out of context here

No, out of free will you bought an unfinished early access product in exchange for money. Nobody forced you to do that.

Really? Then why are a tiny group of simracers considered some of the most toxic people to develop games for. Thankfully we have also a massive majority of great supportive people!

Again, who is out of context here. You should be ashamed for posting that as they can't even get away with having a few bugs in early access games it seems.

Can we do the same please for people who do everything in their power to troll and destroy the simracing community from within? Can we please please please hold them accountable too?

No you, me and others have bough the game with discount at early access because we are either
    a) cheap and want maximum discount when we can get it
    b) are Dutch like myself, see a
    c) support developers making great games for our great hobby.

• Beer x 6
    • Agree x 6
    • Love x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  20. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +476
    VR seems slightly better once again, almost holding 90FPS everywhere now but still the occasional dip to 45FPS in the tighter corners, so ASW is still required. The in car image is clear and sharp now, highly immersive, distance draw is good enough too.

One question though. Is the Car Control rating working as intended? My CC figure has been at 54 since the second reset for 6.02. In the Driver Rating graphs I am getting lots 'overdriving' feedback so this could well be down to me and my driving. However when I drive laps with the Car Control specific overlay (the one that gives the ratings like too much steering, slow, ok, fine, good, perfect etc) I am getting mostly 'green' feedback with the occasional blue (too slow) and yellow/red if I'm too aggressive or miss the apex etc. Track rating is fixed once all 3 stars are earned of course and all the other areas such as consistency, pace, race craft etc move as I'd expect as I put some more laps in. The Car Control rating remains stubbornly unmoved even after a careful session so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone here knows the answer - thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.