Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now.

The new build has been given the V0.6.4 title and released today for the ever improving Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation by Kunos Simulazioni. Containing a reasonably impressive number of fixes and enhancements considering its 'hotfix' status, the update is available to download the next time you restart your Steam client.

Highlights from the build include AI performance enhancements, some experimental improvements for the CPU occupancy issues and a welcomed looked at improving collisions within the multiplayer aspect of the title.

You can read the full ACC V0.6.4 hotfix update notes below:
  • Fixed a bug in server leading to crashes and desynchronization of time, weather and sessions in Multiplayer.
  • Improved collisions in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Multiplayer collision detection for the Safety Rating (SA).
  • Removed automatic disqualification in Multiplayer; we collected enough data to go on while allowing drivers to enjoy MP without false positives.
  • Added experimental fix to reduce the CPU occupancy in the accServer.
  • Added CPU warnings to the accServer.
  • Fixed name overlays not working for drivers that join Multiplayer.
  • Fixed label visibility in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Driver Rating Profile displaying wrong data.
  • Disabled Driver Rating Profile "Total progression" chart.
  • Overall volume fine tuning.
  • Nissan GT-R GT3 automatic clutch fine tuning.
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 BOP correction.
  • Bentley GT3 2016 BOP correction.
  • Fixed automatic assist engine startup issue.
  • Improved AI pace all over the board

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 build status, and is available exclusively on Steam Early Access for PC.

Check out the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and opinions on the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I said in another thread that in release.0.6 ACC has to be the best AI I've ever raced against. Then they introduced hotfix .6.4... Wow, I' sure the AI are sticking 2 fingers up at me as they punt me off the road or dive bomb me... Very difficult to drive safely unless I turn aggression down to 80... am I the only one (will say a lot about me racecraft if I am :redface:)?...

i have it set now at 87 (just like the ai strength, since i am not a good player) and they are just fine. had a superb 15 min at Hungaroring fighting in a pack for pos. 13-18, fun stuff.

Similar for me, I like 90 strength and 85-90 aggression especially for night and rain. I like to start from the back and work my way through, the AI being so good to race against makes fighting for every place enjoyable. I love it when I think I've finally overtaken an AI car only for them to fight back again for the next few corners, This makes the game so much more about the actual race rather than just finishing first which many games demand and in my opinion leads to many of the problems we see in online racing - people used to single player are all used to winning and not fighting in the pack.

Sure the AI can get bit tangled up in the first corner at the Nurburgring they slow significantly, if there is an AI spin or crash - and I've now seen a few - they can be difficult to avoid as the pack tends to move around a lot to avoid the incident. I mostly use VR and the extra spatial awareness helps. I try to pick a space where the AI don't generally go to keep out of it, after the first corner or 2 I find it all settles down well and the only contact I've had is where I've made an over enthusiastic move and the AI has fought back! I do have to make the occasional restart but 9/10 they are pretty good.

Sure the AI can get bit tangled up in the first corner at the Nurburgring they slow significantly, if there is an AI spin or crash - and I've now seen a few - they can be difficult to avoid as the pack tends to move around a lot to avoid the incident. I mostly use VR and the extra spatial awareness helps. I try to pick a space where the AI don't generally go to keep out of it, after the first corner or 2 I find it all settles down well and the only contact I've had is where I've made an over enthusiastic move and the AI has fought back! I do have to make the occasional restart but 9/10 they are pretty good.
+1

after playing almost exclusively online the last seven years (thx iRacing) i was anxious about how the AI would be, but they are just fine. i agree, one has to be super "readable" lap1, but once things have sorted out, it's great.
drawback #01: i always lose about five places between t1 and t4, drawback #2: getting spun out onto the grass means you can better start afresh because it is almost impossible to get cars back on track without losing 20+ seconds, at least i haven't figured out how to do it efficiently, yet.

I use XBox One Controller. The improvement to handling, for me, is significant! Using the default setting, it is on a par with any other Race Sim I own, which includes rFactor 2 (which was my "go to" for handling).

The FPS, for me, is also better. Pretty much the same as AC, which quite stuns me.

Great job Kunos. I can't wait until Vers 1 arrives, where we will get all the remaining tracks. Monza btw is superb.

OK here what you how to do first : open - C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
open engine.ini and add this after all text :

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=8
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.8
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0

Then use DDU go to safe mode and unistall your stupxd newest drivers cause its use less for VR! Restart and go back to safe mode go and install Driver Nvidia 388.59 only!!!

Restart ;

Then go to steam and put in starup option -vr!

Then magic your 1080ti can handle grid of 20 -25 cars with full rain with 45fps stable no stuttering!

Just wanted to help cause myself gone mad that endup only with vr cause drink beer and crash my tv :) no more tv :)))) sad bad i have to learn from it

Not sure if I should ask this, but what is stupxd drivers and why use Nvidia 388.59 when there are efficient newer drivers ?

*Update* So after some digging I remembered 388.59 was recommended by Oculus about a year ago back when Nvidia had a black screen bug in the drivers. That was eventually fixed and the recommendation is no longer valid. The drivers I currently use are 419.17 released for Dirt Rally 2.0 and work perfectly in VR. Install them without Game Experience or the Stereo Vision Drivers and you should have no problem.

Last edited:
The performance on my system is not the problem. My problem is that the UI for VR is broken, and there is no mouse support in VR, which is the funniest thing to say we have 2019. Those guys at Kunos certainly have a sense of humor :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I don't use ACC at all at the moment, as long as the VR UI is so clunky and useless, I drive in rF2 instead. That just works, without having to assign all the buttons on my wheel just to select the menus in VR, only then to discover that it doesn't work anyway Or I can use the keyboard commands, that's really practical when you have a VR headset on...Kunos, what were you thinking?
Porca miseria :D

Last edited:
Horses for courses but I really like the UI implementation, early access and simple but definitely not broken by any stretch. All I had to do was assign 6 buttons on my wheel, up, down, left, right, select and back. This is far better in VR than fumbling around with a mouse in my opinion and works perfectly. Sorry but I really do not understand your negativity as this race sim is incredibly good and will only get better. I agree navigating with a keyboard in VR is dogs balls but most wheels have 6 buttons for assigning in menus.

Not sure if I should ask this, but what is stupxd drivers and why use Nvidia 388.59 when there are efficient newer drivers ?

*Update* So after some digging I remembered 388.59 was recommended by Oculus about a year ago back when Nvidia had a black screen bug in the drivers. That was eventually fixed and the recommendation is no longer valid. The drivers I currently use are 419.17 released for Dirt Rally 2.0 and work perfectly in VR. Install them without Game Experience or the Stereo Vision Drivers and you should have no problem.
I don't know about your super duper driver but this driver give me 45fps with 1.5 supersampling with a grid of 25 cars and weather is storm!45fps stable with i7 7700k gtx 1080ti and 16gb ram.

The new drivers give me more fps but makes microstutters and also stutter every time I move my head!And yeah don't be naïve boy Nvidia want to sell they new RTX the more more will be downgrade 10 series via drivers same happing with old iphones. PS people even manage to sue for this kind of cheatings!

Horses for courses but I really like the UI implementation, early access and simple but definitely not broken by any stretch. All I had to do was assign 6 buttons on my wheel, up, down, left, right, select and back. This is far better in VR than fumbling around with a mouse in my opinion and works perfectly. Sorry but I really do not understand your negativity as this race sim is incredibly good and will only get better. I agree navigating with a keyboard in VR is dogs balls but most wheels have 6 buttons for assigning in menus.
So I only need six buttons on my wheel? That's fine,then I have a whole three buttons over for the VR centering, pitlimiter and the pit menu etc. Plus two buttons for crew chief. Oh, I don't have any more buttons cos I need six just to operate the VR. My wheel cost over €550, what wheel should I buy to make up for Kunos's idiotic system?
Or was your post a joke?

So I only need six buttons on my wheel? That's fine,then I have a whole three buttons over for the VR centering, pitlimiter and the pit menu etc. Plus two buttons for crew chief. Oh, I don't have any more buttons cos I need six just to operate the VR. My wheel cost over €550, what wheel should I buy to make up for Kunos's idiotic system?
Or was your post a joke?

I use wifi keyboard for navigate in menu's.

Or was your post a joke?
You may not realise, but, buttons used for navigation can also be used as different commands in car.

^ Thanks Samuel. It really only takes 5 minutes to setup the wheel navigation and like you said, this is the same in most sims. I have ACC setup similar to my key mapping in Dirt Rally for VR so using wheel buttons to navigate feels very intuitive. But you have to try some things first rather than assuming nothing will work. :cool:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back