Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.2.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is available to download now.

The release of the odd hotfix or two following such a comprehensive build update isn't much of a surprise, and just 24 hours after said major update, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to the internet once again to deploy a further new build to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Addressing some of the immediate issues that have sprung up following yesterdays V1.2 release, the new hotfix should be available next time players restart their Steam client.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.2.1 Hotfix Notes:
  • TAB Timetable HUD overlay now scales properly on all resolutions.
  • Fixed spotter/text messages chain after loading a saved game.
  • Fixed tyre set inconsistency between MFD and setup.
  • Fixed pitcrew spawn in saved games.
  • MP: Fixed zippy netcode for high pings.
  • MP: Removed gaps in grid position caused by disconnected cars.
  • Random weather fix to not only generate rainy conditions.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

ACC Hotfix 1.jpg

... for those, who are crying out for more content, a whistleblower has recently named potential titles:
  • Assetto Corsa Moto (like ACC, but with two wheels in line)
  • Assetto Corsa Iron Wings (dogfight and missions in warbirds)
  • Assetto Corsa Grey Wolfs (obviously about submarines)
  • Assetto Corsa Truck Madness (for those who like bigger cars)
  • Assetto Corsa Guera di stelle (guess what?)
  • Aceto Corsa (totaly different - it is about cooking)
All titles will support at least one, but more than three screens, native VR and are only running with two wheels.

Personaly I am total happy with ACC. :)

Cheers

Ok here we go. What is "decent" ? You just proved my point. Since you have labeled me an "IT guy". I will proceed like one. Here is my idea of "decent" for sim racing with newer titles.

I7 8700K
16 gig of ram
m.2 512gig SSD
RTX2070/ 5700XT gpu

People look at the trailers for new games (done by marketing) see pretty colors and think I can't wait to get my hands on that. You are right in that I am a technical person so I have a very good idea how to get past the marketing stuff and figure out what really is going on with something. If a person is going to buy something like that, look at the forums. wait until people have had a chance to run the software to see if it is living up to billing. I bought ACC last September in beta because I knew I was building a new pc and figured there was no way they were going to produce something the new machine couldn't handle.

The other thing is, stuff like triple screens and VR is a niche within a niche. The developers are going for the Bell Curve of customers. They do their research and they make decisions that will leave out a number of users. It is the way products are made.

Oh. The new machine I built has the following components.

i9 9900k
512gb m.2 SSD
RTX2080ti
32gb of ram.

The machine I had when I bought ACC in beta was

i7 6700k
32gig of ram
2 RX480 8gigOC gpu's

Now that was a "decent" machine, but there was lag when running 1440p everything maxed. Even after full release, the game play maxed was at most 72fps. I like to max out the settings so I buy hardware that allows me to do that. Some people can't, I get that. But give us some specs so we can put the developers on blast for not meeting their marketing specs.

If I understood correctly, you got 72 FPS with a RX 480 with everything maxed out?
What resolution? 1080? Or was it a crossfire configuration with 2 cards?

I´m not sure about AMD cards. Read somewhere that some game developers are
paid by Nvidia to make their games work better with Nvidia...

Another thing is that AMD cards seem to consume much power than Nvidia´s...

... for those, who are crying out for more content, a whistleblower has recently named potential titles:
  • Assetto Corsa Moto (like ACC, but with two wheels in line)
  • Assetto Corsa Iron Wings (dogfight and missions in warbirds)
  • Assetto Corsa Grey Wolfs (obviously about submarines)
  • Assetto Corsa Truck Madness (for those who like bigger cars)
  • Assetto Corsa Guera di stelle (guess what?)
  • Aceto Corsa (totaly different - it is about cooking)
All titles will support at least one, but more than three screens, native VR and are only running with two wheels.

Personaly I am total happy with ACC. :)

Cheers

What kind of performance do you get in ACC with your GTX 970 4GB? What FPS at what resolution and level of detail? That card must be very close to the minimum
viable...

Whats this "RTX" thing? To work with RTX cards? Real time lighting stuff? I dont own ACC yet so i dont know. Just curious. About to buy ACC when i can afford it. Cheers.

It’s nVidia’s own acronym for real time ray tracing. Rendering actual rays of light isn’t just incredibly demanding; the functionality has to be specifically built into the hardware of the graphics card.

Modern CG movies are ray-traced, and those scenes can take weeks to render. nVidia is the first card manufacturer to include ray tracing for gaming. Needless to say, the rollout has been a bit rough as the processing power is immense, and the game developer has to specifically support it. And when they do, it eats up so many resources the gameplay is heavily impacted.

The 2080 Ti can do it, but not much else. It’s still at least a generation away from decent playability.

Last edited:
What kind of performance do you get in ACC with your GTX 970 4GB? What FPS at what resolution and level of detail? That card must be very close to the minimum
viable...

Resolution is 1980 x 1080 - for the settings I have added my engine.ini file and some screenshots. You may recognize, that in the ini file some lines added - see https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/i-got-my-fps-back.172350/.

FPS has increased with 1.2 significantly. In practice it is a bit above 100, offline racing with 18 opponents it is around 70-90. Online racing FPS is between 60 - 85. Overall it runs smooth and fluent.

Cheers

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 20191221164042_1.jpg
    20191221164042_1.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 20191221164036_1.jpg
    20191221164036_1.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 20191221164025_1.jpg
    20191221164025_1.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 20191221164018_1.jpg
    20191221164018_1.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 128
Resolution is 1980 x 1080 - for the settings I have added my engine.ini file and some screenshots. You may recognize, that in the ini file some lines added - see https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/i-got-my-fps-back.172350/.

FPS has increased with 1.2 significantly. In practice it is a bit above 100, offline racing with 18 opponents it is around 70-90. Online racing FPS is between 60 - 85. Overall it runs smooth and fluent.

Cheers

Thanks for taking your time to provide this info. Good to hear you see improvements
in FPS with this update. Lowering the level of detail always is a big help, and you can
still enjoy this Sim with your card.

Thanks for taking your time to provide this info. Good to hear you see improvements
in FPS with this update. Lowering the level of detail always is a big help, and you can
still enjoy this Sim with your card.

You are welcome - the video card is without any doubt not a weapon. But the overall performance is far away from being low or even bad. I think, that the entire system setup makes the difference. What is the benefit of a high end video card, when the HDD is mechanical instead of SSD?

Fact is, that the recent updates enable me to race offline, which was simply not possible before. There was stuttering and warning messages regarding cpu overload. That has changed completely and offline makes fun to gain required SA for online sessions.

Cheers

The finer detailing of this Sim maxed out makes it gorgeous to look at, but it´s too
demanding on hardware. If they keep working on optimizations I´m sure it will
get better and better; it´s still almost a beta.

BTW, a new update has been released today; quite a few in just a couple of days...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back