Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.2.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is available to download now.

The release of the odd hotfix or two following such a comprehensive build update isn't much of a surprise, and just 24 hours after said major update, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to the internet once again to deploy a further new build to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Addressing some of the immediate issues that have sprung up following yesterdays V1.2 release, the new hotfix should be available next time players restart their Steam client.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.2.1 Hotfix Notes:
  • TAB Timetable HUD overlay now scales properly on all resolutions.
  • Fixed spotter/text messages chain after loading a saved game.
  • Fixed tyre set inconsistency between MFD and setup.
  • Fixed pitcrew spawn in saved games.
  • MP: Fixed zippy netcode for high pings.
  • MP: Removed gaps in grid position caused by disconnected cars.
  • Random weather fix to not only generate rainy conditions.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

ACC Hotfix 1.jpg

Raced online for 4 hours last night, a few strange bugs occurring.

3 times when we went green the entire grid received a drive through and were all teleported to the pits with a 30 second lock.

Different race kept getting track limit infractions with drive through penalties that would clear themselves before the lap completed. I never crossed a white line.

Rear end of cars lifting off the ground just before going green.
Going to report these bugs at the official forum today.

I am enjoying ACC more than ever and it seems I’m not alone as servers seem to be more populated than ever, such a fantastic simulation.

So they were lying. Other games can do it, but ACC can't ... suuuuuure

That can come only from someone really ignorant, for whatever reasons. The game runs dogshit, the same can be said btw. for rF2 Nordschleife. Such things are inacceptable.

The sim can't even run VR properly, so not sure why you expected RTX in the first place, and also I'm sure last time I checked Minecraft wasn't a GT3 Simulator with 25+ AI cars racing each other, it's just a game with animals, blocks, and other... strange things
Not sure why you're getting a bit triggered because other sims are better in the graphics field lol

I haven't driven ACC for along time but got informed about this big patch and a few previous to it so I installed it once again.
To my big surprise I noticed HUGE improvements in the physics and car handling department and enough optimization to run smoothly 60 fps on my i5 which was really holding me back earlier.
I enjoyed sever online races and a few AI races and this time I didn't uninstall it my testing. Looks lie they finally got me hooked.
Good job Kunos!

Just to touch the RTX conversation going on, I just want to say this. Stop crying over stuff you don't have and enjoy the things that are available to you, this goes for anything in life, not just RTX.

Great compliment to Kunos for the recent updates. Perfect Job.

... and don´t forget to implement a configuration functionality for an abitrary input device like in AC. That is still missing.

Cheers

It is amazing how many people say games, not just this one, won't run on this or that. They never say what their hardware specs are. It's always the games fault.

VR doesn't work. Ok, what does "doesn't work" mean. Tell us your specs and maybe someone can point something you might of missed.

And I love this one. The game is "slow". WTF is "slow". I am a network architect and I can't tell you how many times I have heard the network is "slow". Give people more information and maybe they can help you. Don't just bitch for bitching's sake. Help the community help the developer make better products. They are not going to cover every POS machine that is still running Windows XP on an I5 with 2 gig of ram. :)

{snipped}...
And I love this one. The game is "slow". WTF is "slow". I am a network architect and I can't tell you how many times I have heard the network is "slow". Give people more information and maybe they can help you. Don't just bitch for bitching's sake. Help the community help the developer make better products. They are not going to cover every POS machine that is still running Windows XP on an I5 with 2 gig of ram. :)

I agree with a lot you said, but Kunos listing 4GB RAM, GTX 460 2GB as minimum spec and GTX 1070 as recommended maybe went a tad too optimistic with the system requirements (probably wanting to sell more copies and not alienating people from the start that don't run at least GTX 1080).
That way they opened themselves to users criticizing the game for not running smoothly. If you have RTX 2080Ti and read that GTX 1070 is recommended, it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume it's going to rip on the highest settings in VR, which is not really the case.
Some people are not very tech savvy, so all they'll give you is "the game runs slow". Kunos forgot to add that your GTX 460 2GB would run only on a 640x480 screen at best :D so I would partially blame them too. They should raise the minimum spec requirements to at least GTX1060 @1080p and GTX1070 @1440p

I agree with a lot you said, but Kunos listing 4GB RAM, GTX 460 2GB as minimum spec and GTX 1070 as recommended maybe went a tad too optimistic with the system requirements (probably wanting to sell more copies and not alienating people from the start that don't run at least GTX 1080).
That way they opened themselves to users criticizing the game for not running smoothly. If you have RTX 2080Ti and read that GTX 1070 is recommended, it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume it's going to rip on the highest settings in VR, which is not really the case.
Some people are not very tech savvy, so all they'll give you is "the game runs slow". Kunos forgot to add that your GTX 460 2GB would run only on a 640x480 screen at best :D so I would partially blame them too. They should raise the minimum spec requirements to at least GTX1060 @1080p and GTX1070 @1440p

Good dialogue. There are a LOT of people that aren't tech savvy. I get that. But If a game designer has a "minimum" and "recommended" spec for their product, you can be pretty certain the only things they tested was that particular set of hardware. For me, be aware that vendors need to sell to the largest number of buyers they can. So in essence they will stretch the "recommended" tag as far as they can.

So let's say Kunos said recommended is GTX 1070/I5/4gb of ram. Then people with those specs who are seeing issues should post, " hey I have the recommended hardware and I am seeing 40fps". That way we know the company was full of Sh!t.

But if you are not at the specs, you don't help us or them with the ubiquitous " slow".

I remember Gamer Muscle reviewing ACC when it was in early release and stating that you were probably going to need a 1080ti to get really clean fps at higher resolutions.

There isn't a single AAA game out there right now that uses RTX properly. Battlefield, probably the biggest title with the most funding only uses RTX for reflections. Tomb Raider, only uses RTX for shadows. Metro Exodus only uses RTX for global illumination. Not a single one of them uses all 3 combined because guess what, even a current gen flagship cannot handle them at 60 fps when you go above 1080p even though these games are only using a single part of the much larger complete RTX feature set.
Ever heard about Control from Remedy? It does use all aspects of RTX and to a spectaculat level. ;)

Recommended settings are for the average users, who still mostly run 1080p screens, not for the adopters of the niche tech. Critical thinking should take care of making the user with above-average hardware recognize the difference. Just saying, that people with 4K screens seem to manage this.

So they were lying. Other games can do it, but ACC can't ... suuuuuure

That can come only from someone really ignorant, for whatever reasons. The game runs dogshit, the same can be said btw. for rF2 Nordschleife. Such things are inacceptable.

Game dont run dogshit at all provided you have the hardware to run it. There are plenty of graphics options in the menu so instead of putting everything to ultra and complaining it runs bad try optimising the game for your own setup and make the required adjustments, theres a very good chance you can lower a lot of settings for good framerate improvements while having little visual impact, high very often looks just as good as ultra on most games, heck even medium looks fine if you spemd your time playing and not pixel peeping.

I personally use a 9900k and 2080ti with everything at max settings 1440p and bounce between 75 and 144fps depending whats on screen and thats perfectly fine when you consider what kind of stupid settings im using, extended lod distances that are not required and hardly noticeable, max mirror resolution and distance etc etc, the list of pointlessly high settings goes on but i set them this way because i can, its not badly optimised because you cant your likely just using weaker hardware.

Most driving games typically fall short where expected, 30 cars in the rain on a start grid can do this in most games, i think the only exception is forza games which typically look smooth but lack finer detail and thats the issue with ACC, theres too much fine detail most people dont see and the result is its tough to run. That dont mean terribly optimised, especially if your gpu is running at full tilt, unoptimised is when a game fails to use your provided hardware to its full, think... Escape from tarkov, i play that at 60fps and sometimes under but the problem is gpu is running at 50 percent most the time, thats just classic unoptimised. Cpu is different, you dont want this at 100 percent because that makes the gpu wait and you lose frames.

Regarding optimisation:
I use a 8700k @4,5 Ghz and a RTX 2070 with everything maxed out at 1080p and have >60 FPS most of the time. If I race with 31 opponents at dusk/dawn during heavy rain the framerate drops below 60.

I'm very happy about the update(s) Kunos have been providing. ACC gets better and better.
I don't understand why some people always seem to focus on negative things and try to convince everybody on this planet that game xy is flawed. I don't get this kind of motivation/attitude.

As I already said at Kunos' forum: Thank you very much for every update! I'm a very happy customer. (I purchased ACC in EA for way too little money ;)).

Optimization is always good news. In the case of ACC, since the graphic are next gen and look gorgeous they are also more demanding than last generation graphic, not expecting this is not very smart.
With good hardware running ACC at reasonable settings the performance is very acceptable and it looks great if not amazing.
The challenge at this point is that if someone is already at the edge on last generation games like AC, R3E or RF2, then ACC is too much for those PC.
It is an issue for ACC since it prevents some potential driver to use or enjoy ACC. Better optimization would serve ACC well at this point.
VR is an other situation, VR is demanding on any game at this time, the situation is logically even worst on a next gen game like ACC. With a top gpu it is very enjoyable in VR, but again, optimization would be welcome if possible.
In a few years, the hardware will have caught up to ACC, it is here for the long run.
I am already ready for a next gen, great looking like ACC, second version of AC with all the different cars and tracks.
Beside ACC, all other game, even the very good looking in VR PCars2 or the unbelievable sol/SP/AC are not close to how photo realistic ACC looks today, so after playing ACC for a while they all look a little dated.
Others, not mentioned here, but you know the ones, look very dated in comparison.:D

Good dialogue. There are a LOT of people that aren't tech savvy. I get that. But If a game designer has a "minimum" and "recommended" spec for their product, you can be pretty certain the only things they tested was that particular set of hardware. For me, be aware that vendors need to sell to the largest number of buyers they can. So in essence they will stretch the "recommended" tag as far as they can.

So let's say Kunos said recommended is GTX 1070/I5/4gb of ram. Then people with those specs who are seeing issues should post, " hey I have the recommended hardware and I am seeing 40fps". That way we know the company was full of Sh!t.

But if you are not at the specs, you don't help us or them with the ubiquitous " slow".

I remember Gamer Muscle reviewing ACC when it was in early release and stating that you were probably going to need a 1080ti to get really clean fps at higher resolutions.
Recommended settings are for the average users, who still mostly run 1080p screens, not for the adopters of the niche tech. Critical thinking should take care of making the user with above-average hardware recognize the difference. Just saying, that people with 4K screens seem to manage this.

@madhopz @Gergo Panker I don't disagree with you guys, however what I'm trying to say is don't always assume that something obvious to you is always obvious to the others.
Also, every time someone complains that the sim runs bad on their system - without telling what system they are running (what resolution, etc.), there is someone countering: "it runs great on my PC", without ever telling what system they are running (what resolution, etc.)

However if Kunos or any other developer wanted to be upfront, they should list minimum and recommended specs along with the resolution. The last part is crucial. Otherwise it's absolutely meaningless, even assuming that average user runs single 1080p screen. What if most sim users run 1440p, or triple screens? Triple screen at 1080p is way more taxing than single screen at 1440p. I'm not sure what the norm among simracers is, unless you guys have solid data, my guess would be something bigger that good ole' 1920x1080, but I may be wrong.

In the end, it's up to the dev - they can do whatever they want, but expecting critical thinking from average user is not the best idea imo. Average Joe just wants the game to work, he doesn't give much thought whether he is on 1080p or 1440p or whatever. Is it silly? You bet, but not to Joe.

It is the same if someone gives you a picture that is 500px by 800px and asks you to print them nice 8x10. When you oppose that it's going to look bad, she responds "but it looks great on my screen, and it's 300dpi!" People have no clue, but that's the way it is.

Also, one more thing. Gergo, you are one of the devs, correct? You most likely know way more than average user what the average screen is for the players, however most people don't have that knowledge. I, for one have no idea, and thought it would be something bigger that single 1080p screen (we are talking strictly sim racing genre). Most likely someone that runs 4k screen knows it's not the norm, however someone that runs triple screen 1080p shouldn't be called crazy for thinking it's the norm among simracers.
Also, can you guys say with a straight face that GTX 460 2GB is enough to run ACC well on 1080p screen even on lowest settings?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%