Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.2.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is available to download now.

The release of the odd hotfix or two following such a comprehensive build update isn't much of a surprise, and just 24 hours after said major update, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to the internet once again to deploy a further new build to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Addressing some of the immediate issues that have sprung up following yesterdays V1.2 release, the new hotfix should be available next time players restart their Steam client.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.2.1 Hotfix Notes:
  • TAB Timetable HUD overlay now scales properly on all resolutions.
  • Fixed spotter/text messages chain after loading a saved game.
  • Fixed tyre set inconsistency between MFD and setup.
  • Fixed pitcrew spawn in saved games.
  • MP: Fixed zippy netcode for high pings.
  • MP: Removed gaps in grid position caused by disconnected cars.
  • Random weather fix to not only generate rainy conditions.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

ACC Hotfix 1.jpg

This was already answered a few ACC articles back, in which it was said they can't introduce RTX since it's gonna consume alot of power, until they optimize the game enough to be able to support RTX

We have time. There is another racing game with RTX? no...

Wait the new NVIDiA graphics cards and oh... miracle ;)

Personnaly i waiting the DLC.

It is amazing how many people say games, not just this one, won't run on this or that. They never say what their hardware specs are. It's always the games fault.

VR doesn't work. Ok, what does "doesn't work" mean. Tell us your specs and maybe someone can point something you might of missed.

And I love this one. The game is "slow". WTF is "slow". I am a network architect and I can't tell you how many times I have heard the network is "slow". Give people more information and maybe they can help you. Don't just bitch for bitching's sake. Help the community help the developer make better products. They are not going to cover every POS machine that is still running Windows XP on an I5 with 2 gig of ram. :)
You are indeed a IT guy: when you report a bug to those guys, they always say that the program works fine and it is all your fault. :roflmao:

I agree about how silly it is to post about a bug/performance issue without posting hardware specs. However, assuming that the bug/performance issue is due to prehistoric hardware does not make sense. I have a decent computer, with a decent CPU, a decent CGU and a decent monitor and when I launched ACC 1.2 with graphic settings not maxed out it wasn't that fluid - it was even close to the lags in race during day-night transitions at certain tracks like the Nurburgring. I don't yell about it but I can understand those who are more vocal.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update Kunos, the AI is much improved. I'm in the middle of a 3 hour endurance race right now and the only issues I have is, the players car has excessive tire wear towards the end of stint compared to the AI cars. Also there is no way to turn off tire wear in the game. It would also be nice to pause the game and adjust the pit menu instead of adjusting settings on the fly.

Last edited:
However someone that runs triple screen 1080p shouldn't be called crazy for thinking it's the norm among simracers.
As much as they (we) like to believe, simracers are not the average even with a game with such a niche focus as ACC, and 3x1080p is no way in hell a norm in any scenario, and I'm saying this as a former user of a triple-screen setup.

You are indeed a IT guy: when you report a bug to those guys, they always say that the program works fine and it is all your fault. :roflmao:

I agree about how silly it is to post about a bug/performance issue without posting hardware specs. However, assuming that the bug/performance issue is due to prehistoric hardware does not make sense. I have a decent computer, with a decent CPU, a decent CGU and a decent monitor and when I launched ACC 1.2 with graphic settings not maxed out it wasn't that fluid - it was even close to the lags in race during day-night transitions at certain tracks like the Nurburgring. I don't yell about it but I can understand those who are more vocal.

Ok here we go. What is "decent" ? You just proved my point. Since you have labeled me an "IT guy". I will proceed like one. Here is my idea of "decent" for sim racing with newer titles.

I7 8700K
16 gig of ram
m.2 512gig SSD
RTX2070/ 5700XT gpu

People look at the trailers for new games (done by marketing) see pretty colors and think I can't wait to get my hands on that. You are right in that I am a technical person so I have a very good idea how to get past the marketing stuff and figure out what really is going on with something. If a person is going to buy something like that, look at the forums. wait until people have had a chance to run the software to see if it is living up to billing. I bought ACC last September in beta because I knew I was building a new pc and figured there was no way they were going to produce something the new machine couldn't handle.

The other thing is, stuff like triple screens and VR is a niche within a niche. The developers are going for the Bell Curve of customers. They do their research and they make decisions that will leave out a number of users. It is the way products are made.

Oh. The new machine I built has the following components.

i9 9900k
512gb m.2 SSD
RTX2080ti
32gb of ram.

The machine I had when I bought ACC in beta was

i7 6700k
32gig of ram
2 RX480 8gigOC gpu's

Now that was a "decent" machine, but there was lag when running 1440p everything maxed. Even after full release, the game play maxed was at most 72fps. I like to max out the settings so I buy hardware that allows me to do that. Some people can't, I get that. But give us some specs so we can put the developers on blast for not meeting their marketing specs.

As much as they (we) like to believe, simracers are not the average even with a game with such a niche focus as ACC, and 3x1080p is no way in hell a norm in any scenario, and I'm saying this as a former user of a triple-screen setup.

Thanks for shedding some light on the matter. I didn't realize that simracers are not the majority of the buyers of titles such as ACC. If you asked me, I'd say sims such as rF2, AMS, R3E, ACC were mostly used by simracers, and then Forza, GT, etc. by more casual players. It seems I was way off.

If ACC users on average (not people here on RD, but in general) are not even into simracing it is then probably safe to assume, that most of them don't even own a wheel. That is an eye opener, but I digress.

I really can't complain about the performance. I use a GTX 1070 and 3700x (stock), @ 3840x2160 and mostly middle and high presets - runs great and looks really nice. There are so many settings available to adjust the graphics...

How? I run a 2700 with a 1070Ti on a 3840x1080 monitor and it's a choppy mess. Even with everything on low and looking straight out of the 90s.

R
How? I run a 2700 with a 1070Ti on a 3840x1080 monitor and it's a choppy mess. Even with everything on low and looking straight out of the 90s.

I don't have my settings here, but I know, that I lowered the in-game resoltution scale and as already mentioned, most settings on medium to high. This way it runs with 60 FPS without troubles and, as already mentioned too, looks quite nice. I can send you my settings tomorrow if it helps.

Take a look on your hardware utilization. My GPU is perfectly boosting to max when running ACC.

Sorry to put it that way, but clearly something is wrong with your system. I have a i7-9700K and GTX1070 and it runs stably with 60FPS with my Samsung 32:9 Ultrawide with some compromises in the GFX settings (still most settings on ultra/high). But it still looks glorious. Before that I had a i5-6600K with the same result, just less AI cars possible in races (~24).
Try this: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/i-got-my-fps-back.172350/
Worked wonders for me!

Sorry to put it that way, but clearly something is wrong with your system. I have a i7-9700K and GTX1070 and it runs stably with 60FPS with my Samsung 32:9 Ultrawide with some compromises in the GFX settings (still most settings on ultra/high). But it still looks glorious. Before that I had a i5-6600K with the same result, just less AI cars possible in races (~24).
Try this: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/i-got-my-fps-back.172350/
Worked wonders for me!
Pretty much this. I get 90FPS with an 8700K @5.1GHz and a GTX 1080 and high settings with 120% sharpening @2560x1080.

@R1Joel you need to check your system to see whether the GPU and CPU is reaching 100% usage (well, at least 1 since 1 will be bottlenecking the other - hopefully only slightly). Something clearly isn't working right.

Last edited:
It's getting the place as the most complete race simulator. But it'll need more types of car. GT3 over and over is boring. The solid platform, in any cases, is being consolidated for future classes or games.
Why are people continually confusing it with being ACC 2? It's like asking Codemasters to include Formula E in F1 2019, it does not make sense.

1.2.2 is out:

Changelog v1.2.2

- Fixed podium visibility in gallery replays.
- Fixed pitcrew animation when only refuelling is selected.
- Fixed brake pads in old savegames.
- Tweaks for Porsche 991II GT3 R FFB vibration.
- Tweaks to overall dirt buildup on the car bodywork and windscreen.
- Fixed Ferrari rim LODs that was causing custom colours to show up incorrectly at a distance.
- MP: increased private server slots for Hungaroring (50) and Zandvoort (34), Silverstone (50), Nurburgring (50), Misano (50) and Barcelona (50).
- Fix for shared memory stopping after a transition.
- Porsche EVO and Huracan EVO Spa aggressive setups updated to mitigate physics-induced vibration on certain DD wheels.

They included F2 already. I'm not asking for anything, I'm just saying this physics and graphics basis should be good for the next Kunos games. A bit of text interpretation would be useful.
A bit of "saying what you actually mean to begin with" would be better.

Also, using your F2 argument, Kunos are already including the Intercontinental GT series, as this is also included under the Blancpain GT license.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back