Assetto Corsa Competizione | First Oulton Park Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have released the first preview images from the upcoming British GT Pack DLC - with release date confirmed as this February 10th!
  • Oulton Park previews.
  • Release February 10th.
  • Dedicated championship mode and 40 new liveries confirmed.

ACC Oulton Park 1.jpg

It's finally happening (on my birthday too!) - the long awaited British GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to the PC version of the simulation this February 10th 2021 - and as well as the already confirmed inclusion of Donington Park, Oulton Park and Snetterton, Kunos have also confirmed no less than 40 liveries and 70 drivers from the British GT Championship will also be added to the title, as well as a dedicated British GT Championship game mode!

As we build up towards that 10th February release date, Kunos have shown off their first preview images from the pack - the legendary Cheshire venue of Oulton Park!

ACC Oulton Park 2.jpg

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Twitter

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Oulton Park 4.jpg

Last edited:
UE4 games tend to look pretty bad in racing games. It has this really sterile look to the environment.

I know what you mean, but it mostly comes down to developers not using any form of adjustments. UE4 is renowned for its stunningly realistic lighting and shadows, it has its strengths and it has its weaknesses, as do other game engines. I think ACC turned out incredibly well visually, just need a really beefy GPU to run it, especially when you're not solo. It's hard to get textures to look exactly how you want them to in UE4 though, I once sat there for 6 hours trying many different techniques to make carbon fiber appear as it does irl (where treated CF panels have a coating over them and when you look at it from different views you can see the weave etc), but I couldn't make it happen, the reflectivity reflected off both the raw carbon and the clear coat/glue on top of it, so it made some really funky stuff happen :p

Absolutely true, but you can acquire licenses and contracts from the same people for a different game, use the models you already have, package a dlc and charge for it accordingly to pay for the said licences and contracts and make profit.
With the substantial player attendance level still enjoying AC daily, as a representative of that group, I can assure you, I would gladly pay for such a DLC.
I would certainly buy a new DLC for AC including those tracks.

British Dlc is from season 2019 so they'll include Ford Mustang GT4 and Jaguar Svr GT4
i love how people read the list of things coming with the DLC (bunch of tracks and skins) and automatically jump to massive conclusions regarding other content that was literally never suggested to be part of the pack.

how to set yourself up for disappointment 101

i love how people read the list of things coming with the DLC (bunch of tracks and skins) and automatically jump to massive conclusions regarding other content that was literally never suggested to be part of the pack.

In fairness, the pack was originally only meant to be a track pack, so the fact we're getting a skinset to go with it is pretty good.

In fairness, the pack was originally only meant to be a track pack, so the fact we're getting a skinset to go with it is pretty good.
indeed, a pleasant surprise to those who kept their feet on the ground.
but its now just days away from release. The additional content which was not promised has now been announced (zillions of skins) and yet plenty people still are speculating about even more..?

UE4 is renowned for its stunningly realistic lighting and shadows, it has its strengths and it has its weaknesses, as do other game engines. I think ACC turned out incredibly well visually, just need a really beefy GPU to run it, especially when you're not solo. It's hard to get textures to look exactly how you want them to in UE4 though, I once sat there for 6 hours trying many different techniques to make carbon fiber appear as it does irl (where treated CF panels have a coating over them and when you look at it from different views you can see the weave etc), but I couldn't make it happen, the reflectivity reflected off both the raw carbon and the clear coat/glue on top of it, so it made some really funky stuff happen :p
If they just would/could do something about the shadow running 10m in front of the car, that is definitely not "stunning".

I run ACC maxed out with 150 resolution scale (at 1080p) and it looks pretty good to me, better than any other sim IMO with beautifull lighting and the most detailed textures compared with the other sims I play. It's pretty much the opposite of "sterille" but I do have an issue with the close draw distance of the shadows.

Depending on the track and time of day you can see massive environmental shadows being "drawn" just a few meters in front of you even at max settings and it looks pretty bad. Hungaroing is one of the worst for this.

If not for that I would consider ACC the perfect looking sim... but only at max settings (and certainly not for VR) since things start to get pretty ugly when you dial them back. ACC at medium settings is one of the ugliest looking things out there.

Last edited:

Easy is called "read" just go to this: https://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-oulton-park-circuit-previews/ and you can read, tracks and CARS, rare people like me like to read info from different sites, but i know people like to make their own just reading from one site hahaha

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back