Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

After I asked about a refund he emailed a firmware update which seems to have fixed the disconnects. Could only test for 10 _ 15 mins but no disconnects

Upvote 0
When I try to mount my steering wheel I found out that I needed to get either a wheel spacer or quick release because there's not enough clearance. The button box cable gets caught between the paddle housing and the faceplate screws when the wheel rotates. Now i have to do the set up session without the button box. But I will make sure all my button boxes are plugged in and my recording software running in the background during set up.

Upvote 0
@whip:
Did you just update the firmware or added the pcie usb 2 card in addtion to updating the firmware?
@mkel1966:
On the website it seemed that the 7 and 10 have the faceplate very close to the housing. I got a NRG quick release for that reason. Seems like a solid piece of hardware.

Upvote 0
Without the pcie card. Seems like they might have sorted that now. I just wish the updates and stuff was hosted somewhere. This having to get them personally I dont like

Upvote 0
[USER=209315 said:
@mkel1966[/USER]:
On the website it seemed that the 7 and 10 have the faceplate very close to the housing. I got a NRG quick release for that reason. Seems like a solid piece of hardware.
I thought there's enough clearance that's why i didn't pay that much attention. My steering wheel is from Sim Racing Coach, SRC-Cup. I'll keep the button box plugged in during set up and as close to the wheel as possible. I'll order the spacer or quick release if everything turns out good.

Upvote 0
Best of luck to anyone still on this crazy ride.

Ordered all the way back in April and after 5 months of delays and excuses I got a refund.

I must have had 3 or 4 delivery slots scheduled with the wheel actually arriving once but apparently was wired wrong so had to go back.

Now very happy with a 9nm simucube setup, no worries about the firmware/software and was pretty much plug and play.

Upvote 0
wheelcheck.png

Made with the wheel attached.

Upvote 0
ollie said "We monitor and control the motor's speed once it exceeds 110% of the configured Max Speed value.
As the motors are highly accelerative and can reach 150 rpm in under 100ms, a full speed linearity test will be affected by the braking forces generated by the controller to keep the motor within safe operational limits.
A wheel under human control is highly unlikely to exceed 120 rpm (2 turns per second) within the typical sub 3 turn rotation range (<1080 degrees). Consequently most full speed linearity tests do not map to the real world behaviour of the wheel."

i also read a good thread here on RD about how it's not an accuraste wayt to measure https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...based-on-seriously-flawed-assumptions.124937/

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • Forum trophies