Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

I asked for a refund and i got an email today. The tracking has been updated, it seems that it has been sent the 29.
Hmmmm, don't know what to think about that.

Upvote 0
I am expecting my sw10c to be delivered tomorrow.
In an e-mail I was informed that " we are experiencing issues with our US bound DHL shipments this week with added documentation requirements", then " Your shipment has been accepted by DHL....delivery tomorrow".
Before anyone asks: I am on vacation and still have to set up my rig.....
At least units seem to be suddenly shipping.

Upvote 0
My worry about this is that the firmware for their compact dd motors is still broken. They just have to send it out because some of us, me included, are asking for a refund already. Since it has been shipped we have to just wait and see. Personally, if they could not get it running during the set up session I will tell them I'm returning the unit.
Anyways, saw this a while ago at work...
20180829_173434.png

Some units should be from this flight.

Upvote 0
I wonder if there are any units out there that are functioning. If the problem is indeed motherboards that lack a proper usb 2.0 roothub, it implies that the wheel should work with motherboards that do indeed have a proper usb 2.0 roothub whatever that means.

Anyway, it will be at least a week, probably two, before I can really take a look at the wheel.
If none of the wheels here (three I guess) are working by that time, I won’t even unbox the unit.....

Upvote 0
Hopefully this new wheel works as expected both HW+SW. And then I'm obviously curious about the first experiences.

@Edr : keep an eye on the return policy (and again hopefully not needed). I think it depends on the country if you can return a product without going into a technical support case or any further questions and 100% money back guarantee. Often it als depends on actual date in relation to invoice date. I thought in my country (NL) you have the right to return a product within 14 days in its original packaging and get a 100% credit.
I read you probably cannot touch the unit for two weeks you might run the risk of not returning it anymore? Just a friendly alert from this side.

Enjoy the Sim-plicity DD wheel!!!

Upvote 0
@Edr : keep an eye on the return policy (and again hopefully not needed). I think it depends on the country if you can return a product without going into a technical support case or any further questions and 100% money back guarantee. Often it als depends on actual date in relation to invoice date. I thought in my country (NL) you have the right to return a product within 14 days in its original packaging and get a 100% credit.

I read you probably cannot touch the unit for two weeks you might run the risk of not returning it anymore? Just a friendly alert from this side.

I sincerely hope that no one will need this, but Sim-plicity are based in the UK. For the right to a refund under UK law if you change your mind within 14 days, see here

For the right to a refund under UK law within 30 days if the goods are faulty, or to a repair thereafter, see here

Assuming that the information contained on those websites is correct, this should be in addition to any rights under the 2 year warranty that Sim-plicity give, although there are no details on their website.

If anyone is really concerned about their rights, then they need to obtain their own proper advice.

Upvote 0
Thx for the update.
Looks well made.
I don’t think you can really get the wheel set up till you get some files from Ollie/Sim-plicity. Might be worthwhile to sign up for your “set up session” right now, supposedly it can take a while to book a time. Just a suggestion.
Good luck !!

Upvote 0
mine was a pretty tight fit too,

i would have had my 7+ for 2 weeks come tomorrow, ive ordered a pcie usb 2 card that arrives tomorrow, if that doesn't solve the usb disconnecting then i guess i'll just have to return it for a refund

Upvote 0
has anyone else actually had their setup session yet? i can't be the only one

ive had mine 2 weeks, ive not heard from ollie since last weekend so i essentially have a very expensive ornament as it's not usable due to the usb keeps disconnecting, i want to know if anyone else is having this issue, the only other person i heard of that has done the setup suffered the same disconnects

EDIT: i just emailed saying im returning it for a refund, it's been almost a week since i heard from them, it's sitting on my rig doing nothing cause i can't use it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know of only one other guy on Reddit. His wheel disconnected when plugging in his button box. He ended up returning the wheel and exchanging it for the simicube based 20Nm (at least that is where the thread ended)....This might be the same guy you are referring to.

An I right in assuming the PCIe usb 2.0 card did not solve the problem ?

Upvote 0
I can't afford anything over what I ordered(SWC10.) So ,if during set up session it does not work, I'll ask him for a refund right at that moment. Now the thing is, let's say I was lucky and it did work, for how long?

Upvote 0
I can't afford anything over what I ordered(SWC10.) So ,if during set up session it does not work, I'll ask him for a refund right at that moment. Now the thing is, let's say I was lucky and it did work, for how long?
Honestly I wouldn't risk it.

If it does work, you'd seemingly be in the minority.

Let's put this in perspective, £700 for a toy which may or may not work?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back