Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

ive had my 7+ for about a week

on my 6700k machine the software keeps crashing, we've tried like 4 different firmwares so far to no avail

on my ryzen 2600 machine its not crashing but latest firmware has introduced some 99% occupancy on AC and rf2 runs in slow mo i assume to some cpu thing, although rf2, ams and raceroom have no ffb for some reason

i don't know whether its a hardware problem on my end for my intel machine or not but my tx wheel never disconnects or crashes on it, when it work the ffb feels good,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ive had my 7+ for about a week

on my 6700k machine the software keeps crashing, we've tried like 4 different firmwares so far to no avail

on my ryzen 2600 machine its not crashing but latest firmware has introduced some 99% occupancy on AC and rf2 runs in slow mo i assume to some cpu thing, although rf2, ams and raceroom have no ffb for some reason
This is making me worry. I wonder if they tested all the units before shipping it out. If my unit gets recalled again I think I will just ask for a refund.

Upvote 0
There's still no tracking update on my unit from DHL so I believe there is something wrong. I just emailed them to recall the unit from DHL and request for a refund. I am without a wheel for close to 3 months now so might as well wait a bit more and save money for an osw or accuforce.

Upvote 0
the 99% occupancy was just a thing they tried to stop the usb disconnects, it was an unexpected result, they reversed it the next day, the disconnects are to do with xhci on usb 3.0, if the motherboards don't have a proper usb 2.0 root hub it's causing the problem, they are actively working on it and now testing using a pcie usb 2.0 card to see if they can use them as a short term fix until they quash it in the firmware,

Upvote 0
the 99% occupancy was just a thing they tried to stop the usb disconnects, it was an unexpected result, they reversed it the next day, the disconnects are to do with xhci on usb 3.0, if the motherboards don't have a proper usb 2.0 root hub it's causing the problem, they are actively working on it and now testing using a pcie usb 2.0 card to see if they can use them as a short term fix until they quash it in the firmware,
How about with your 6700k machine? Did they get it running without any problems?

Upvote 0
I almost ordered from here - I really wasn't happy with them sitting on my money for 28 days, or pay more for quicker delivery.

Ultimately I ended up going to Simracingbay and there was no extra cost for quicker delivery and the quality was fantastic!

Upvote 0
Hi Fatalist88, could you please comment on what sim are you using your OSW with?
Did you have to do any complex setup/config work?
Hey!

So I'll break this into 3 sections hardware, software, and games.

So hardware;

Really easy to put together, all that is needed is a selection of Alan keys. All slots together nicely and Tomo (the guy who puts them together) sends videos of how to put it all together.

Software - Tomo installs all required firmware updates and tests before sending out, the only thing you'll need to download is Simucube (basically the wheel tweaking software, much like what you get with a G27 or CSW).

In regards to getting the setup right, there is lots of tweaking but if you look in the right places you'll be able get yourself sorted!

Games is an interesting one - prior to having an OSW I used iRacing, rFactor, AC and Pcars.

Since getting my OSW after about a week, I started noticing the nuances, the small bumps, the improved feel of the wheel and how good it was in rFactor, iRacing, AC and Automobilista. With Pcars I just don't feel anything as much as the other sims.

Just for clarity I use the 20nm OSW, with a fanatec GT2 rim on an 8020 rig.

Any questions give me a shout!

Upvote 0
Any questions give me a shout!

Yes, thanks mate :)
Being completely new to OSW, I'd really like to understand what this means:

In regards to getting the setup right, there is lots of tweaking but if you look in the right places you'll be able get yourself sorted!

is there some guide on how to do this? I use mainly rFactor 2, but it would be nice if the wheel worked with any sim. I have AC, AMS, RaceRoom, F1 2017, etc...

Upvote 0
Yes, thanks mate :)
Being completely new to OSW, I'd really like to understand what this means:

is there some guide on how to do this? I use mainly rFactor 2, but it would be nice if the wheel worked with any sim. I have AC, AMS, RaceRoom, F1 2017, etc...

Oh indeed, OSWs work with all the above. I've not found one sim which doesn't!

In regards to tweaking, it's more about getting the slip effects, friction effects, strength of wheel etc.

To be fair I would suggest there is no more tweaking required than with a CSW or G27, it's more about ensuring that you don't break your arm!

- an example of rFactor2 setup!

Upvote 0
It takes a bit of time to become familiar with the FFB produced by any DD-wheel because it is quite different than that of mainstream wheels. Once you know what it can do and how it feels, tuning is generally very easy as far as the Wheel-tuning software goes.

The bigger trick is to understand the role that soft-clipping plays and how to adapt your tuning approach. Also, most titles FFB is aimed at use with the common wheels so some tweaks under the hood (Game-FFB) are often needed to get the most out DD-wheels. In some cases, using a FFB-preset designed for the AccuForce can provide a better baseline controller profile than a custom generic one can because it already has received some tweaks to deal with the increased range of effects.

Sometimes, the challenge is in toning down certain effects so they don't overwhelm others but, I think it's very easy to identify what those are with DD because it's so much more evident once you recognize them.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years