AMS 2 | New Previews Revealed: Lots Of Cars Heading To The Simulation

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have dropped a very nice couple of Twitter messages this evening, showing off some interesting content making its way to the simulation.
  • BMW M3 E30, Lotus 23, Mini Cooper 1965 confirmed.
  • Kart track updates in development.
  • Further content to be revealed.

Well, these are a nice surprise! Ahead of the usual end of month roadmap posting, Reiza Studios have revealed a bunch of new content is due to make its way into the simulation in the very near future - with the promise of yet more to come as part of the next build update.

Yes you've seen it right, the historic collection of cars is set to be expanded yet further with the inclusion of machinery from BMW, Lotus and Mini previewed within the tweet, potentially forming part of the upcoming touring car pack DLC that has previously been revealed by the studio.

As well as goodness from the world of old school racers, Reiza have also confirmed two of their kart venues will be heading into AMS 2 very soon, with work currently underway to bring the Buskerud and Speedland to the sim in the very near future, previews of which you can see below:

Sounds like a good month ahead for Automobilista 2 fans!

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Looking forward to all the new stuff.

My own personal grail would be if Reiza had more Lotus licenses and were able to do a Jim Clark pack, so we got proper Lotus 25 + 33 with AMS Formula Vintages on 1.5 litre engines to fill out the grids.

Another thing with historic cars is usually there is a tendency among people to choose the most beasty/most legendary cars, like late Can-Am machines, the most powerful GT cars of that era, or historic F1 cars, that are (IMO) quite tiresome to drive for many laps, and usually don't provide that much fun racing... i mean usually races of those cars stretch across the circuit quickly and there are less close battles. Still very enjoyable to drive on your own though.
There are other historic cars though, slightly less powered, maybe less sexy (altho it's in the eye of beholder), but which are joyful to control at the limit, while still moving around in all the good ways, and feeling pretty lively. Such cars have no problem racing, and actually provide very fun close races every time. Like Pessio's Alfa GTAm, for example. Or Historix's 2.0 911; AMS2's Puma GTE. Lotus 23 for rf1 was among such cars that really got me hooked racing them, so i'm very glad this car got one more showtime.

Last edited:
Another thing with historic cars is usually there is a tendency among people to choose the most beasty/most legendary cars, like late Can-Am machines, the most powerful GT cars of that era, or historic F1 cars, that are quite tiresome to drive for many laps, and usually don't provide that much fun racing... i mean it can be done once or twice, but not many will return to that on a daily basis, other than having some practice sessions by themselves, just to drive a few laps.
There are other historic cars though, slightly less powered, maybe less sexy (altho it's in the eye of beholder), but which are joyful to control at the limit, while still moving around in all the good ways, and feeling pretty lively. Such cars have no problem racing, and actually provide very fun close races every time. Like Pessio's Alfa GTAm, for example. Or Historix's 2.0 911; AMS2's Puma GTE. Lotus 23 for rf1 was among such cars as that really got me hooked racing them, so i'm very glad this car got one more showtime.
I used to run the RD GTL Club and League here for many years. It was never the most powerful cars that resulted in the closest Club Racing and Leagues.

Last edited:
Another thing with historic cars is usually there is a tendency among people to choose the most beasty/most legendary cars, like late Can-Am machines, the most powerful GT cars of that era, or historic F1 cars, that are (IMO) quite tiresome to drive for many laps, and usually don't provide that much fun racing... i mean usually races of those cars stretch across the circuit quickly and there are less close battles. Still very enjoyable to drive on your own though.
There are other historic cars though, slightly less powered, maybe less sexy (altho it's in the eye of beholder), but which are joyful to control at the limit, while still moving around in all the good ways, and feeling pretty lively. Such cars have no problem racing, and actually provide very fun close races every time. Like Pessio's Alfa GTAm, for example. Or Historix's 2.0 911; AMS2's Puma GTE. Lotus 23 for rf1 was among such cars that really got me hooked racing them, so i'm very glad this car got one more showtime.

Old muscle cars like the Ford Mustangs from the 60s, and old 70s Trans-Am, and 80s and 90s DTM series alone,
would make us, serious sim racers, very happy for a long time, and indeed would make AMS 2 a tremendously
succesful and beloved Sim in the sim racing world. And I'm sure most of us will be be willing to pay any price for
these classic series.

Just tell Renato! Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Getting lost, what is the primarily focus of AMS2 content. In other words, game identity.
Is it Brazilian, vintage, GT3/GT4, karting, or just jack of all trades, master of none, like PCars2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting lost, what is the primarily focus of AMS2 content. In other words, game identity.
Sims with identity were lost years ago. They're nearly all jack-of-all-trade sims now, and AMS 2 is no different. In all honesty, I'd rather they stayed focused on unusual content you don't see in other sims, but I suppose that is too much to ask really... they need content which sells to pay the bills.

Great to see the historical car additions but am increasingly concerned we’re going to end up with a bunch more single car classes, which personally kills my interest in racing them for long, especially with multiclass AI not being good enough to mix them.

Looks like two 90s Group A cars, they’ve confirmed between two and four GT3 and GT4 cars and I can’t see many more Group Cs outside the Sauber-Mercede C9 and Porsche 962.

Fingers crossed for GT1, seeing as the most important models exist from PC2 that belong to brands Reiza have dealings with already, in Porsche, McLaren and Mercedes.

For any prototype classes, especially Group C (and Group 6 if they ever do that), I’d LOVE to really Reiza do the same as the superb F1 generic variants and create their own grid fillers to stand in for Spices, Lolas, Marches, Chevrons and other defunct brands that are likely impossible to licence.

Anyway, that sounded more negative than I meant it to - the game is coming on leaps and bounds and looking forward to seeing September’s update. Still has a way to go to become my default but enjoying following progress.

That's some weird, reality disconnected response. But why bother with facts.
And that's a pointless response with zero reasoning. Why not enlighten me with your facts, since you think my answer is so rubbish? :rolleyes:

My own reasoning, which should be obvious to anyone into sim-racing, is that only one modern sim worthy of the name currently has any kind of speciality which is sticks to. That's ACC, based solely around GT racing, primarily GT3s. All the other main sims... AMS, AMS 2, RaceRoom, rFactor, AC, PCars 1/2... every single one of them is a "jack-of-all-trades". They are all "masters of none" as you yourself put it, which, also according to you, means they lack "identity".

Anything to add to the discussion, or just another worthless one-liner?

Is it Brazilian, vintage, GT3/GT4, karting, or just jack of all trades, master of none, like PCars2.
I'd say the Brazilian cars/tracks, karting, and F1 of many eras are their strength. Adding GT3/4, Caterham, Copa Trucks, etc. gets more people in the door, even if sometimes it feels they are only samples of something greater or generics are used to get around licensing.

At least no one can say there's a lack of official tracks!

• Deleted member 197115

Hodge podge formula that was fine 10 years ago does not scale as demand for simulation quality increases, you can't go wide and deep at the same time esp. with typical small size sim studios.
Focused quality content is a new reality, not something that "died" years ago.
Starting brand new sim to just make another kitchen sink of content is not going to make people switch over from their favorite ones, as they already have it there, doesn't matter how good and hard working you are, the quality of such variety inevitably will be all over the place, and simulation relatively shallow.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.