AMS 2 | New Previews Revealed: Lots Of Cars Heading To The Simulation

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have dropped a very nice couple of Twitter messages this evening, showing off some interesting content making its way to the simulation.
  • BMW M3 E30, Lotus 23, Mini Cooper 1965 confirmed.
  • Kart track updates in development.
  • Further content to be revealed.

Well, these are a nice surprise! Ahead of the usual end of month roadmap posting, Reiza Studios have revealed a bunch of new content is due to make its way into the simulation in the very near future - with the promise of yet more to come as part of the next build update.

Yes you've seen it right, the historic collection of cars is set to be expanded yet further with the inclusion of machinery from BMW, Lotus and Mini previewed within the tweet, potentially forming part of the upcoming touring car pack DLC that has previously been revealed by the studio.

As well as goodness from the world of old school racers, Reiza have also confirmed two of their kart venues will be heading into AMS 2 very soon, with work currently underway to bring the Buskerud and Speedland to the sim in the very near future, previews of which you can see below:

Sounds like a good month ahead for Automobilista 2 fans!

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

I happy with this era cars for sure but FWD and sims (well IRL also really) just never drive well. I tend to only buy RWD cars IRL and never drive them in sims. The FFB just feels weird how torque steer comes through the wheel.

Yes, nothing for that, it's great compared to the armoured license games where there's 0 damage.

I'm curious to hear the engine noise. It would be fun if it adds a passenger mode where you can do laps to show off a circuit or just the fun of driving.
Ever wondered why there are no videos of car crashes in AMS2 on youtube? It's because the damage model in AMS2 is so bad that the devs have encouraged people to turn it off. I hope they fix the damage soon.

Please include no duplicate car livery numbers in a race. It's just zapps the realism aspect of the sim when you are racing a car with the same livery and same number as yours. :)
Isn't there an add/boot AI function like in rFactor?

Ever wondered why there are no videos of car crashes in AMS2 on youtube? It's because the damage model in AMS2 is so bad that the devs have encouraged people to turn it off. I hope they fix the damage soon.

Unless I'm mistaken, there was 0 visual damage in the early access. The models being imported one by one from AMS or created according to the new vehicles.

So in itself it's quite normal that there was 0 damages.

We just have to wait until it gets better, it will probably take months for it to affect all vehicles.

I'm waiting for the Safety Car, finally as an ultimate bonus ^^

Given it's the Madness Engine, this might work:

• Must launch using Steam VR launch mode
  • Must use Helmet view
    • You can disable the helmet visual so it looks just like Cockpit view
Yep, agree with Shovas as I managed to get head tracking to work via that method using a head tracker app on my iPhone and an app on my computer. If not in helmet camera view it won’t work.

It's been awhile in this sim but last night had good fun @2001 Hock in the Brazil Stockcar. Also had a go in the V12 and it was so violent, very bumpy on this track I couldn't cope lol

I would think this is an easy fix, however I may be wrong. :)
Well, the liveries themselves have the number included, it isn't added to car dynamically. So to have a grid full of different numbers would require either lots of new liveries with different numbers, or a recode to allow the dynamic addition of car numbers on the fly.

Ensuring a livery isn't duplicated until all other liveries are in use would probably be easier, but some classes still only have a tiny number of liveries available so the actual problem would still remain.

Hi everyone, someone can explain why in modern racing games, sims, are not that much old muscle cars?
Not popular enough is the likely reason. The father those cars go into history, the less current sim-racers remember them racing for real and have an interest in trying them out. There's also the fact that most of those old cars are very challenging to drive, and kids today don't like anything remotely difficult...

Retro/Vintage/Classic cars are not my cup of tea. Good additions yes but these are well represented in other games with full classes to pick from. Reiza doing a good job so far, more content in future :)
Uh, no, no sim has full classes of official (not mod) multi-marque historic cars unless you count that ancient Grand Prix Legends stuff. PCARS2 came close with their Group C cars. [Edit: Oh, I suppose Raceroom's '90s DTM qualifies]

As you know, though, you'll get yours next month ;)

Last edited:
Uh, no, no sim has full classes of official (not mod) multi-marque historic cars

Why would only official content count for you?
The fact is that we have many SIM with many full grid historic cars from many series in glorious authentic skins to full fill our historic content cravings, so a little sparkling of historic content is not that exiting for many of us.

Why would only official content count for you?
Consistency and quality.

The fact is that we have many SIM with many full grid historic cars from many series in glorious authentic skins to full fill our historic content cravings, so a little sparkling of historic content is not that exiting for many of us.
  • CanAm has no full grid for any year in any sim, even with mods
  • TransAm has only one year (out of a possible 35+ years) of a full grid for original rFactor as a mod (in other words, too old) and lacks tracks
  • BorekS's mods are nice, but generic and lacks tracks
  • F5000 mod for rF2 is graphically challenged and lacks tracks
  • All the '50s series are a mishmash of cars/years and lacks tracks
  • There are no IMSA mods for any of the 35+ years and lacks tracks
  • No mods for ALMS or ELMS, only a mishmash of cars, has about 80%(?) of tracks
  • WSC is a mishmash of cars/years unless you count the original 1970 WSC mod for original rFactor
  • No complete grids for Indycar racing except 1972(?) for original rFactor, though Gasoline Alley for rF2 tries hard, and lacks tracks
  • No full grids of Le Mans cars for most any year
  • Only 1 modern Formula Vee, a couple of Formula Fords, and a scattering of sports racers, only a single Formula Junior
  • No Super Vee, no post-F5000 CanAm, none of the tiny '50s-60s French & Italian special Le Mans cars, no '50s F3 cars
Need I go on? I understand that vintage cars/tracks are not everyone's cup of tea, but the blanket statement that it's been well covered needs to be called out because it's a false impression. Hell, it's taken 5+ years to cover GT3 reasonably well and that still ignores the IMSA & SCCA variations.

Need I go on?

Actually, yes, but maybe not in this thread. :) this could make a very interesting thread, discussing what we have, from what you wrote, more than you think, and what we are missing and therefore, need to improve.:)
It is my experience that a lot of modders are interested in Historic content and are putting together complete grids for us to enjoy.
The chances to advance on that front with official content, in the present scenery of new SIMs is close to none, but in the title active in the modding community we have reasons to be hopeful.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea