• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

AMS 2 | New Previews Revealed: Lots Of Cars Heading To The Simulation

Reiza Studios have dropped a very nice couple of Twitter messages this evening, showing off some interesting content making its way to the simulation.
  • BMW M3 E30, Lotus 23, Mini Cooper 1965 confirmed.
  • Kart track updates in development.
  • Further content to be revealed.

Well, these are a nice surprise! Ahead of the usual end of month roadmap posting, Reiza Studios have revealed a bunch of new content is due to make its way into the simulation in the very near future - with the promise of yet more to come as part of the next build update.

Yes you've seen it right, the historic collection of cars is set to be expanded yet further with the inclusion of machinery from BMW, Lotus and Mini previewed within the tweet, potentially forming part of the upcoming touring car pack DLC that has previously been revealed by the studio.

As well as goodness from the world of old school racers, Reiza have also confirmed two of their kart venues will be heading into AMS 2 very soon, with work currently underway to bring the Buskerud and Speedland to the sim in the very near future, previews of which you can see below:

Sounds like a good month ahead for Automobilista 2 fans!

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
If Reiza can't get premium cars then I'm glad they're getting great classics that aren't served as well as modern cars in other sims.

Sector 3 took the same approach with some oddball cars and tracks and it has worked out very well for them it seems.

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
Reiza, if you're listening, I still think it'd be unique and cool to see somebody build out geographically focused series like Brazilian Stockcars, Scandinavian Touring Cars, Japanese Super GT, Australian Super Cars, etc. All rules, flags, grids, local tracks, local weather, all that. Make one series per DLC. I think I would actually buy into that.

And you guys already seem to have the experience, given your Brazilian Stockcars.

Last edited:

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
May 21, 2013
Still working on the September update, good, take your time, today is only the 26.
Looking forward to try the upcoming cars, would be more exited if it was a complete grid of any series, even if I had to pay for it, but additional free content is a very nice gesture none the less. Thank you.

Last edited:

G_B

100RPM
Dec 29, 2018
Didja notice the red Mini in the pics is damaged?
Yes, nothing for that, it's great compared to the armoured license games where there's 0 damage.

I'm curious to hear the engine noise. It would be fun if it adds a passenger mode where you can do laps to show off a circuit or just the fun of driving.

passenger

250RPM
Jul 6, 2019
Finally, news on the classic cars. Good to see back the Mini. Very nice pic, by
the way, with the new upcoming deformation damage model. Fantastic!

Can't wait for more classic touring cars, the best to drive, the more realistic
feeling with H pattern gearboxes and without assits. I love them!

We want more and more classic touring cars! Free or paid DLC! Please, keep them coming! Thanks.

Knoxstar

250RPM
Jan 5, 2016
So it's Friday night at the the local meeting place. The usual girls ACC, AC (sisters), RR and rF2 are decked out in their modern pleather skirts, 3 inch pumps and tank tops. You look past them to a girl in a tie-dye shirt, Converse high top runners and bell bottoms. That's Automobilista 2. :inlove::thumbsup: :D ;)

Dare to be different.

Last edited:

Jonny Austin

100RPM
Nov 25, 2017
Will be interesting to try the Mini.I have raced real Mini 7s in the 1990s & the slipstream is huge & should make for close races.
I also like the Lotus 23 & BMW.

I would suggest the Mini needs to be joined by the Lotus Cortina,Jaguar Mk 2,Mustang,Falcon.Hillman Imp & Fiat Abarth.

The Lotus 23 needs Lotus 30,Merlyn Mk6

BMW M3 needs 190E Merc & Sierra Cosworth.

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 69 30.8%
  • Instagram

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Facebook

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 53 23.7%