AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

There are issues in quite a few areas of the game so I'm not sure I agree that new content doesn't impact on the speed of fixes to existing content. Needing the money is a more reasonable excuse IMO. As far as I know they only have 1 physics guy and there are plenty of sound and UI bugs (for example) outside of the physics issues which have been there for ages. If they had more of their people working on those bugs they would get fixed faster. Obviously they have their reasons for not doing that, I guess they are short on cash.

Not to mention we are in the middle of a pandemic which impacts pretty much everything everywhere.

I think there's something weird with car handling overall in AMS2, specially the stock car. But from the looks of it, it's as if that car is perfect already since I don't see any changes to it or any comentary.

People are not playing this and in my opinion it's this weird handling that drives people away. Game is not bad, it's just not that good either.
I drive the 2020 stock car in a league. It is one of the most difficult cars to drive out there. It has a lot of understeer when off throttle, and ample power oversteer. You really have to steer with your right foot, as opposed to using the wheel. It can be difficult to be consistent unless you practice, as there is no tc or safety nets to stop you making a mistake.

maybe you have a point there, but i look at it like this - it becomes extremely easy to criticize the way someone does something when one is not responsible for actually doing it and/or have never done it....my experience in life has told me that when the shoe is on the other foot, it doesn't always fit as well.
Like a YouTuber saying, "Reiza, just write a new AI."

I just want tire blankets before qualy. I'd also like the option for tire blankets before a practice session. In an online race it sucks to have to spend 1/3 of the qualy time warming up the tires. And if you mess up and wreck you have to go back to the pit and restart.

I realize that real drivers have to deal with warming up their tires too. But they also have more than 10 minutes to get a qualy lap in.

I have expressed my criticism towards this game. But guess what? Throw in a new car/track or two in there and the hype train will swing once more. The game is like a full year behind development. The standard of work/quality is very poor. I keep sayings to devs, lets get the core fundamentals working first, then continue and add content/support later. What's the point of adding content in a broken game? It does not improve anything. There is a serious lack of direction/vision from this studio on what exactly they want this game to be. Its just another "we want to be sim title" that is nothing but a cash grab.......:O_o:
You obviously don't understand game development. The assets department (3d modelling, texturing, etc..) cranks through their work at a MUCH more rapid pace then the typical software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, research, development, QA, prod). In order to keep up with payroll, you must release assets between large paid DLCs or upgrades.

I drive the 2020 stock car in a league. It is one of the most difficult cars to drive out there. It has a lot of understeer when off throttle, and ample power oversteer. You really have to steer with your right foot, as opposed to using the wheel. It can be difficult to be consistent unless you practice, as there is no tc or safety nets to stop you making a mistake.
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact the car feels weird and annoying to drive. I never obviously drove that car in real life, but it certainly does not feel realistic to me at least.

You obviously don't understand game development. The assets department (3d modelling, texturing, etc..) cranks through their work at a MUCH more rapid pace then the typical software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, research, development, QA, prod). In order to keep up with payroll, you must release assets between large paid DLCs or upgrades.
I have been playing pc games going back to the early 90's. They had no DLC to brag about but did a good job, your assessment is very flawed......:O_o:
Again missing my point. I never said I am against DLC. What I am saying is the devs should polish up the current state of the game before adding new content free/paid that is also full of bugs. How difficult is that to understand....:whistling:

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact the car feels weird and annoying to drive. I never obviously drove that car in real life, but it certainly does not feel realistic to me at least.

If you search in youtube you will find a video of Gabriel Casarande, a real stock car driver, testing the game and mentioning that it feels realistic. This video is now a little bit old, and the game has improved since then, but you have there the opinion of someone who drives the car, so we can imagine that it is a difficult car to drive in real life.

Why the rush to get out unfinished and buggy new content that requires hotfix of that size?
Probably because they know only too well that if they delayed the release a second time, the vocal minority would scream and whine about it, almost as loudly as they are because the patch was such poor quality. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

What about older content released earlier, is it ever gonna be addressed, or what's in the past stays in the past.
Reiza have nearly always gone back to fix things, even old content, in their previous games. No reason to believe this one will be any different.

What I am saying is the devs should polish up the current state of the game before adding new content free/paid that is also full of bugs. How difficult is that to understand....:whistling:
You claim people are missing your point, yet you are missing the actual point. Stopping content production will not get the game fixed any faster. Read the thread back again for the reasons why.

Probably because, while it lacks certain features and still needs a lot of work, it isn't a "broken mess" at all, and can still be enjoyed by plenty who don't resort to gross overstatement whenever they're unhappy.
This! All day long, this! There is a lot more good than bad in AMS 2. It does still need some work, but the game is gorgeous and tons of fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably because they know only too well that if they delayed the release a second time, the vocal minority would scream and whine about it, almost as loudly as they are because the patch was such poor quality. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Reiza have nearly always gone back to fix things, even old content, in their previous games. No reason to believe this one will be any different.

You claim people are missing your point, yet you are missing the actual point. Stopping content production will not get the game fixed any faster. Read the thread back again for the reasons why.
Adding more content that is a mess......great then

So many complaints about AMS2. How memories have faded of the following "messes" at launch: AC, AMS, rf, rf2, iracing, PC, PC2, all the GT series, all the Forza series... indeed everything except Pole Position for the Atari 2600. (Due for a update, that one.)
Already AMS2 has better FFB than ACC. I play ACC all the time, but it still feels like I'm floating above the road - the same is not true of AC - which is odd. AMS2 feels like I'm connected to the road - even if the engine note is sometimes the death rattle of a terminally flatulent whale.
AMS2 AI is still brain-dead, but the solution to that is ... let me think ... setting up an online community where like minded individuals can organise races online between real people. I wonder if there is anything like that around? ;)

Last edited:
I have been playing pc games going back to the early 90's. They had no DLC to brag about but did a good job, your assessment is very flawed......:O_o:
Again missing my point. I never said I am against DLC. What I am saying is the devs should polish up the current state of the game before adding new content free/paid that is also full of bugs. How difficult is that to understand....:whistling:

sorry but there actually was a form of DLC for pc games in the early '90's - the only difference being you couldn't DL it - you had to actually go to the store and buy it...i remember a track pack and livery editor for Indycar Racing II, campaign for Falcon 3.0, courses for Links 386 Pro, etc.

you're the one who is missing his point - he never said you were against DLC - he simply stated that DLC needs to be released on schedule to maintain the payroll...cashflow is the king of any business - it informs every decision that is made and every action that is taken or not taken

the flaw is not in his assessment - it is in your logic (or lack there of) because you only look at the situation from the customer expectation side - while completely ignoring the other side - the developer's reality...

There are two racing game developers I would definitely cut some slack, although for different reasons.
Reiza, who from the launch of GSC in 2013 have worked tirelessly to improve their games and have communicated with the community in an up front and friendly way.
They're not perfect and have never claimed to be, but they fix their mistakes, it may take them some time but unlike many others they don't abandon and release something else.
I can't help thinking that from a human perspective it must be a bit dispiriting for them reading some of the comments, the devs history shows they do care, so let's not forget that
(The other devs are Sector 3 because they are not always masters of their own destiny)

I love Reiza but I think they are really understaffed in term of actual developers that can work on fixing bugs, AI, physics, let alone add new features. The enormous amount of cars does not help to polish stuff (for AI and physics). And the insane combination of car/track/weather/time of day is a nightmare to calibrate AI.
Simracers are super picky these days, demanding the state of art in everything and this is very difficult to achieve for small studios daring to still make racing sims. And there's the pressure to always release new content...
So you have to adjust your expectations a bit, be patient and enjoy what we have. It is still a miracle that such sim with so diverse content is being made. Do not take that for granted because it absolutely isn't, and you could very well have a future where it only makes financially sense to make a sim of the most popular single serie of that time. Today this is f1 and gt3. In 10 years this will be electric cars (!!!) and you'll all love it for sure, locked in an electric Italian red car at Spa.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Who pushes that unrealistic release schedule if they can't deliver quality?
Perhaps revisiting it is not such a bad idea.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back