AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

Silicon lottery trumps all. That’s more important than ram and mobo.

Where ram tuning copies into play is low FPS which happen when the cpu is being stressed, having fast and manually tuned ram gives the cpu a boost to execute more under stress which means you get much better lows.

If you get bored would be curious to see if you have more headroom with SMT disabled? On Intel, you can boost higher which lower temps and lower voltage with HT disabled.

From article only 6% of their 3900X could hit 4.2GHz@1.2v lol

I would guess average on reviews is 4.3-4.4GHz ballpark no matter the board or ram or cooling ( well apart from extreme loops, etc )
Again I understand, their setups ( and yours Robert ) would be much more stable in day long benching where I only need it to do a few hours a time in sims that don't even stress it, temps 10-15c+ lower, etc

Does a tower can run 24 hour benches feel better to drive ? ;)

Yes again I know I am missing out on best results, bet if you were here you would get #1 TimeSpy for me ;)

Truth is I very happy to get such performance against reviews with way more expensive boards and ram
You know that extra cost, ( Master + C14) now Nvidia prices have dropped I could go from 2080 to Ti and get more sim performance then any of them using a 2080 for same cost

edit: Sorry, when I was benching I turned SMT off scores dropped like a rock maybe I did wrong, no surprise there p

edit::

Actually it is cheaper now ! :confused: ( Ti has dropped way more since release )

X570 Master + Neo C14 + Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC = $2,307AU

My board + ram + Gigabyte 2080Ti gaming OC - .$2,136AU

That is compelling for sims

Last edited:
We get wrought different ways

Work this out :O_o:
Australia the 2080Ti combo is $160AU cheaper then 2080 combo
US Newegg same hardware the 2080Ti combo is $100US dearer then 2080 combo

lol

2080-2307.jpg

2147.jpg

Last edited:
So MSI M-Flash has a nice feature of black screen with no POST until CMOS is cleared (before attempting to flash). Caused me heart palpitations for a short while!

Cinebench results for my 3600X:

3686pts before the ABBA BIOS flash
3803pts after flash

Pretty happy with the "free" performance gain there!

@zi99y....What RAM and other components are you using...specifically, cooling?
Prior to the update, I was still seeing between 4325 to 4375 on my highest core in Cinebench R20's single thread testing.
I went from BIOS 7B79vAE to 7B79vAF on the X470 Gaming Plus...also with the R5 3600X.
Are you running any overclock?

Last edited:
No overclocking, think the BIOS overclock mode is 'auto' though, whatever that does.

- Ryzen 3600X with stock wraith cooler
- 16GB 3200MHz RAM
- M2 NVMe drive
- Corsair 650W gold rated PSU

No other cooling system going on, just stock. Haven't tried any overclock, don't know where to start. Fancy trying it, but I don't intend to spend too much time tinkering!

What cooling are you using - curious to know why your rating was higher. Any tips for squeezing extra power out of this sucker?

No overclocking, think the BIOS overclock mode is 'auto' though, whatever that does.
- Ryzen 3600X with stock wraith cooler
- 16GB 3200MHz RAM
- M2 NVMe drive
- Corsair 650W gold rated PSU
No other cooling system going on, just stock. Haven't tried any overclock, don't know where to start. Fancy trying it, but I don't intend to spend too much time tinkering!
What cooling are you using - curious to know why your rating was higher. Any tips for squeezing extra power out of this sucker?
I am basically using a modified CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
Make certain to use the official AMD 1.9.27.1033 chipset drivers, instead of MSI 19.10.16 driver.
I am actually using DDR4 3000 Ballistix Sport RAM...so nothing too fancy there either.

Do you mean bios for AGESA 1.0.0.4 ?

My MSi board only has 1.0.0.3 abba so not updated as of yet
Never noticed performance gain for last bios

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/o...ded-in-upcoming-amd-ryzen-3000-agesa-1-4.html

4350@1.25v all cores is still best for me
Runs off its head in sims, 4.0GHz would easy be enough
cpu-z-4350.jpg
I have a 3900x on order, what did you have to do to get 4350 average all cores? What sort of temps under load and what cooler do you have?
Cheers

I don't use Ryzen Master
In Bios I set :
43.5 x 100
1.25v voltage
XMP - 3600 C18

other then that all stock bios

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 load is 60-70C
Phanteks Evolv X tower has really good cooling much better then corsair cases I used to buy

P.S. Kraken runs better then any Corsair AIO I have had
Now hot weather comes I will knock it back to 4.2GHz, even stock in runs fast enough for 1440p Gsync + RTX2080
3900x-kraken-x62.jpg

I don't regret buying lower end motherboard and memory whatsoever ;)

MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC - 228 AU
G.Skill Neo 3600 C18 slowest timings - 189 AU

Oh mind you ....
Took 3 times to seat cooler proper ( never tightened enough )
It ran all day with absolutely no TIM on CPU yes really true
I got anxiety the 3rd time and dropped the waterblock onto the CPU
Taking that into account I one lucky sod I got these results
people told me I was crazy for getting such a cheap mobo with 3900X
I proved that is hyperbole if nothing else

Last edited:
While everybody is moving towards AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA to squeeze out every last drop of performance from Ryzen 3000 processors, AMD is already at work on AGESA 1.0.0.4 as unreached boost frequencies issues have been resolved, the new firmware is to bring new features towards the platform.

Can't imagine it running any better
At least with my mobo and memory :barefoot:

Would love to figure out how to get my 3600x to run cool with my H110i v2
The available Corsair oftware doesn't appear to work with ryzen cpus

Don't worry mate, Cams software is no better and you need to log-in to use a profile and it eats ram lol

You would be using Ryzen balanced and set low max voltage
I found new OS with no Ryzen Master was better temps for me
I have precision /auto / whatever/ off ... so many settings and odd default profiles, why do they enable serial com be serious who uses that these days ridiculous all around wrong way
Motherboard should set best memory settings automatically
Auto OC.s has always been a laugh
and all the AMD warnings don't do that don't do this or you on your own
It is like here is some drugs but don't use it p

On AIO

Thing i noticed was how Kraken fans moved air way better
Even on default silent mode ( 500 rpm) I could still feel cool air on my hand when holding it near the top vents in Phantek case, I set same as what I did Corsairs radiators ie: air blowing out of case
works best in summer that way ...if you have high ambient that is

I did change my set up to AIO pulling air in from the front of the case.
Dropped temps by quite a bit.
I then have 2 fans pulling air in from the top of the case and a single exit fan at the back.

I'll need to look into this properly as I'm running AMD Ryzen Master software at the moment.
Auto OC is on, I think.
I have the same board as you but with a 3600x and Hyper X Predator 3200 Ram

I did change my set up to AIO pulling air in from the front of the case.
Dropped temps by quite a bit.
I then have 2 fans pulling air in from the top of the case and a single exit fan at the back.

I'll need to look into this properly as I'm running AMD Ryzen Master software at the moment.
Auto OC is on, I think.
I have the same board as you but with a 3600x and Hyper X Predator 3200 Ram
Can you draw your fan setup or upload some snapshots of this?
Not sure if I got everything right...

How is the front opening of your case? Anything blocking the airflow?
And where at the top do the intake fans sit? Front/middle/rear?

Single exhaust: 120mm or 140mm?
I think the exhaust is the problem, it is for me too...

Depending on where at the top the other fans sit, I'd try to flip them to be exhausts too.

Or maybe put them into the front the aio into the top and then try as intake first and maybe flip it...

Difficult to say without photos or a drawing :)

What about the corsair software? Controlling pwm fans isn't software related. The pump might be though... Or is the pump controlled via pwm/3V? Or is it linked to the fan speeds maybe?

Anyway you should be able to control all fans, the corsair aio fans too via ryzen software. Or simply from the uefi.
No corsair software needed imo, but I don't know how the pump is controlled ofc.

Can you draw your fan setup or upload some snapshots of this?
Not sure if I got everything right...

How is the front opening of your case? Anything blocking the airflow?
And where at the top do the intake fans sit? Front/middle/rear?

Single exhaust: 120mm or 140mm?
I think the exhaust is the problem, it is for me too...

Depending on where at the top the other fans sit, I'd try to flip them to be exhausts too.

Or maybe put them into the front the aio into the top and then try as intake first and maybe flip it...

Difficult to say without photos or a drawing :)

What about the corsair software? Controlling pwm fans isn't software related. The pump might be though... Or is the pump controlled via pwm/3V? Or is it linked to the fan speeds maybe?

Anyway you should be able to control all fans, the corsair aio fans too via ryzen software. Or simply from the uefi.
No corsair software needed imo, but I don't know how the pump is controlled ofc.
Will check and let you know on the pump and fan controller for the AIO.
Basically when the system gets hot during races or benching the pump and fans do not change speed...

Fans at the front on the rad drawing air through the front of the case, only thing in front of that is the filter.
Fans at the top cover the middle to back and draw air in too.
Fan at the back is at the top rear of the case and is exhaust.
All fans for this set up are 140mm afaik.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back