AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

I very happy I stable at 4.4GHz all cores and all done with budget mobo and ram and lower temp then 3DGuru got and their mobo and ram was triple the cost and they got the same 4.4Ghz :O_o:
No wonder I happy is it :roflmao:

Now I will never see a tool for bench testing app till next build ;)

Personally, given the performance delta between X570 and X470 at this point...I made the choice to stay with the latter.
I don't need PCI-e 4.0 and have no drives requiring warp speed.

The only thing we miss out is decent gain with any SSD in transfers

4.5 all cores @1.3v
CPU-Z - 555 and 9159
$367AU motherboard / memory as decent as sites used $1,000AU mobo/ram and some of those only got 4.4

I would recommend throw extra money at cooler before mobo/ram

Someone with stock fan won't even get to use all the gains of a dearer mobo/ram ;)

edit: Kraken X62 is uber cost but if I used the $215AU on better board/ram where would i be ?
I tell you 80C and loud fan ....can't even hear Kraken benching

Last edited:
All my Samsungs 2 x M2 and 3 x sata are all faster then the Intel 8700
My USB 15 port hub works better and faster lol ( I think AMD always has though )

Just to be clear with such cheap last gen mobo and ram I never expected to get results like this in my dreams and hoped it would be enough just to cope

I too upgraded to a 3600X Ryzen recently. Because of the price and power consumption of the x570 boards I just went with the MSI x470 gaming pro (pre flashed from ebuyer). Totally happy with it so far but haven't even attempted any OC with the stock wraith cooler.

Wondering if an AIO is worth it but wallet isn't ready to put out again just yet - I got and RTX2080 at the same time!

Oh and rf2 loads so quick with the M2 NVMe drive. Loving it!

Yeah, I saw the prices of the X570, threw up in my own mouth a little, then checked out the X470s, spec wise I couldn't resist the b450 gaming pro carbon as it had all I needed without smashing the bank account to pieces...
Plus it may handle a cheeky upgrade to a 3700x in the future if need be.

I too upgraded to a 3600X Ryzen recently. Because of the price and power consumption of the x570 boards I just went with the MSI x470 gaming pro (pre flashed from ebuyer). Totally happy with it so far but haven't even attempted any OC with the stock wraith cooler.

Wondering if an AIO is worth it but wallet isn't ready to put out again just yet - I got and RTX2080 at the same time!

Oh and rf2 loads so quick with the M2 NVMe drive. Loving it!
Rf2 really does load so much faster...about 1/3 of the original loading time.
What cooler are you currently using?

Rf2 really does load so much faster...about 1/3 of the original loading time.
What cooler are you currently using?
Nothing more than the stock wraith cooler.

With the news that S397 have halved the loading times in the next update, I'm wondering how quick it will be then! Makes it so much easier to play with different mods / tracks / settings and have more fun with it.

The only minor disappointment is the FPS drops when I increase the number of AI drivers. Find it hard to maintain 90 fps in VR with 20 or more cars still. I've not done much tinkering with settings though.

For simracing, it is not essential to maintain 90 fps in VR to have a good or even great experience.
That's quite the myth.
What is NOT ideal, is a constant switching between the two frequencies.
Nothing will make you sick faster than that.
I see some guys chasing it all day long, while driving themselves 'batty' and spending a King's ransom doing so.

Last edited:
Depends on each ones sensitivities. 45fps + reprojection makes me sick. For others its fine. That only leaves one option for the person who gets sick.

Nothing more than the stock wraith cooler.

With the news that S397 have halved the loading times in the next update, I'm wondering how quick it will be then! Makes it so much easier to play with different mods / tracks / settings and have more fun with it.

The only minor disappointment is the FPS drops when I increase the number of AI drivers. Find it hard to maintain 90 fps in VR with 20 or more cars still. I've not done much tinkering with settings though.

I got basically no improvement in track loading time when moving from HDD to SSD, so there should be zero difference between SSD and M2 NVMe, as generally no game gains anything with M2. Have you tried loading Le Mans or Sebring with 20+ AI cars and timed it? IMO it's nowhere near quick, or my system is not set up correctly.

I don't get sick from 45+reprojection, but real 90 fps compared to that is clearly night and day difference. Once you've experienced that you would never want to go back

I got basically no improvement in track loading time when moving from HDD to SSD, so there should be zero difference between SSD and M2 NVMe, as generally no game gains anything with M2. Have you tried loading Le Mans or Sebring with 20+ AI cars and timed it? IMO it's nowhere near quick, or my system is not set up correctly.

I would not say anything, I have thought before wow this loads fast now
Most are no better I agree however SSD cache, size and speed surely affect some games

My main M2 is 500GB @3,500 2nd M2 is 250GB@1800 and 3 Sata are 1TB@500
AMD motherboard "feels" improved SSD and definitely USB load times
May be placebo effect ... :p....
Either way make a interesting compare ... with all SSD type and mechanical HDD
Most SSD I have drastically slow copying lots of small files, even the fastest M2
even slower then Black Caviar would do

Dunno, pixels is pixels.
Not really... Only if these pixels are part of the rendering pipeline.
If you just have your desktop and emails or hw monitor on your second monitor it's basically not making any difference at all to no second monitor attached.

Might you answer my question though?
I guess you run the sims only in the 2560x1440 monitor and not stretched on both?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.