AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

For cooling I have an EVGA 280mm AIO, have been using it on current rig for a couple of years and it seems to do a good job, it has the bits and pieces to use on amd as well.
I have some arctic sliver 5 paste to use, not sure how it rates but seems to do the job on current build.
59c is good I get up to mid to high 60s in acc but I have a bit of an overclock on mine.
Highest I have seen on my gtx 1080ti is 70 and that was only once. I have a big case, a cougar Panzer max so I think that helps with temps.
Will upgrade that to a 3080ti or what ever the next one's will be called, I always skip a GPU generation. Will prob put the 4770k on eBay when new build is up and going, has served me well and still kicks ass in shooters but doesn't get good fps with high settings in Sims any more.

Last edited:
Hi Terry, I have my new PC up and running, it is the first time I have built one and was totally flabbergasted that it started and ran first time! I must admit I really enjoyed doing it, but now have a lot of things to reinstall, that will take weeks I reckon. I have not got the cable management done yet or the from, side and top panels on but I do have one picture below. I also ran the CPU userbench mark app to see how it compares to other 3900x builds and was seriously impressed by the results, better than what I was expecting. I hope that converts to good in game and other performance increases. Will upload more photos when it is all back together.

Attachments

• IMG_20191025_224740990~2.jpg
    IMG_20191025_224740990~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
Hi Terry, I have my new PC up and running, it is the first time I have built one and was totally flabbergasted that it started and ran first time! I must admit I really enjoyed doing it, but now have a lot of things to reinstall, that will take weeks I reckon. I have not got the cable management done yet or the from, side and top panels on but I do have one picture below. I also ran the CPU userbench mark app to see how it compares to other 3900x builds and was seriously impressed by the results, better than what I was expecting. I hope that converts to good in game and other performance increases. Will upload more photos when it is all back together.
Good to see you got it done successfully.
The gaming performance should be mega with your hardware.
I love how well Ryzen handles everything.
The smaller deviation between minimum and maximum framerate, makes for really smooth visuals during gameplay.
Enjoy that system.

Good to see you got it done successfully.
The gaming performance should be mega with your hardware.
I love how well Ryzen handles everything.
The smaller deviation between minimum and maximum framerate, makes for really smooth visuals during gameplay.
Enjoy that system.
Thanks Terry, I have reinstalled ACC hope to be able to give that a run tonight. I ran cinebench R20 as well and got 525 single thread score and 7332 multi thread. I think I got lucky with the silicone lottery as my benchmarking so far puts the CPU well above the norm.

Here's my result with the R5-3600X and GTX1080Ti
UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - 95.1%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080-Ti - 109.5%
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB - 112.9%
HDD: Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB - 53.6%
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - 70.3%
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - 72.3%
HDD: Seagate ST33000651NS 3TB - 77.3%
HDD: Seagate ST33000651NS 3TB - 82.5%
HDD: Seagate Backup+ Hub BK 5TB - 78.4%
RAM: Crucial BLS8G4D30BESBK.8FD 4x8GB - 88.8%
MBD: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS

Here's my result with the R5-3600X and GTX1080Ti
UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - 95.1%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080-Ti - 109.5%
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB - 112.9%
HDD: Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB - 53.6%
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - 70.3%
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - 72.3%
HDD: Seagate ST33000651NS 3TB - 77.3%
HDD: Seagate ST33000651NS 3TB - 82.5%
HDD: Seagate Backup+ Hub BK 5TB - 78.4%
RAM: Crucial BLS8G4D30BESBK.8FD 4x8GB - 88.8%
MBD: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
I'm guessing my MX300 is getting on a bit now. And my Intel 320 is practically prehistoric by tech standards...
Not sure why the M.2 is so slow though... that's my OS drive and the Crucial drive is quicker...

Just out of interest, Terry, do you get the CPU >99% issue on ACC during SP or MP sessions?

Wonder what it is that is causing this with my system then. My CPU performance isn't quite as good as yours but I guess that's to do with the Silicon Lottery more than anything else...

Gonna keep looking into this as every time the message comes up, I get a freeze of anything between 0.5 - 1.0 second

My boot drive is the M.2 Kingston. It's in the top slot out of the two...
Are the slots different speeds?
I just assumed that the one that came with the heatsink on the board was the initial slot.

Hi guys, curious to know which you believe are essential apps in the driver disk that comes the mobo? Picture attached.
Cheers

Attachments

• Mobo Apps.jpg
    Mobo Apps.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back