AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

@Dan Costa My testing is showing me that lower LLC is more stable. Example: high llc gives a bigger vdroop than turbo meaning I need to set a higher static voltage. However my voltage under load is lower than the turbo llc (with lower static vcore) and more stable in P95. Dug more into it and Elmor did some testing. It's to do with how over/undershoots are being handled.

You mentioned earlier, you're not seeing a vdroop with Turbo? If you're using cpu-z/core temp etc, it'll seem that way but they're not accurate. Use hwinfo and look at VR VROUT. Then run P95 26.6 or anything cpu taxing and watch you mins and average during the run.

Also, over/undershoots don't show up in any reading due to their small lifecycle but can be measured with oscilloscope.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/28022104-post4113.html
https://www.overclock.net/forum/28022572-post4122.html

Got to be happy with 3DMark ..... I know static test but just as a gauge

Within 5% of the fastest 3900X-RTX2080 combo will do me :)

I got higher clockspeed but his CPU scores is + 10% must be down to X570 and ram speed ?
edit: I just noticed he has 200MHz+ GPU memory
That is against a $799AU motherboard ( mine $228AU ) and better ram I bet.
Can't see memory settings in results other then amount 16GB vs 32GB ?

CPU and GPU temps in graphics tests is good, CPU hit 62C in CPU test
GPU fans don't even run think I make a fan profile

Last edited:
Just good to know it is working okay after basically running with no cooler :redface:

Still i would not have thought I be that close to X570
I even beat Tom's score by 200 and they used Godlike board
I will lose a bit more in sims from slow ram but still pretty decent bang for buck
ie: 3600X + good X570 and Neo ram was same cost

O/C in pentium 1 vs Athlon days I used to sit outside in winter before daybreak
benching 3DMark2001 was in top few % , I still remember when J.C. pulled the first 10,000 score
Most fun was benching 2500K@5.1GHz running nothing but Hyper212

Other then that I have managed to steer clear of the dark force :ninja: lol

Just one more ................ I promise :coffee: lol

Take out all but highest score for each user puts me 6th ...with B450 :roflmao:

The 5 beat me are all X570: 2 x Aorus Master 2 x Crosshair Hero and 1 x Taichi :barefoot:

Last edited:
Nice Robert

Silicone lottery has found that only 6% of it's 3900x chips will do over 4.2GHz all cores ....to be fair AMD never said they would :roflmao:

In future I will not listen to a single word early testers say
Wait 2 weeks then they start dribbling out the truth ... no use getting mad

On better note new AMD chipset released:
AMD_Chipset_Drivers_v1.8.19.0915

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Last edited:
Ryzen3000 experience has been like......... the good, bad and ugly lol

PRO
Motherboard ( $228AU ) no doubt best value I had, Wifi, BT5 2 xM2 even 2 x internal USB2.0 important if you run linked AIO and case header, my Asus B360 only had one header, no wifi/BT5 and was dearer
I care for extra zip in productivity more then I realized
Faster USB 2/3 and overall connectivity better
Orico 15 port hub works better, external dock never fails to work now where before mobo or hub ports sometimes ( maybe 20% of time ) drives would not boot up , turn on/off then they go okay
100% with both K/B mouse sets as well, with B360 and previous boards had to use motherboard ports
for Coolermaster Lite set to get to Bios
Even my ipod now needs no fast charge app don't have to change from data mode every time
Also now light stays the lightest ever green when done, before any ports mobo or hub stayed bright green
like it was still charging .........could be the balanced Ryzen power plan and hub together ?
So only now expensive hub works like I hoped it would and I back to single USB lead to tower

CONS
You never know how it will run one second to the next like a pogo stick
still bad temps voltages in 2 bios now, probably not reasonable to expect fix with old chipset or at least from MSI they still have not updated the chipset drivers for 2 AMD updates, that is slack
Won't do 4.6GHZ one core let alone 4.2GHz all cores at 1.2-1.25v lol ( Lottery test settings)
If they had said that no one would have brought a 3900X
Still easy to bring under control but with Kraken X62 I am betting I could get i9 overall cooler
Temps drop like a rock with X62 @ 50% level ( useless software going to try Phanteks fan
controller/header )

So more pro for me all the little things are better

EDIT: Other CON I forgot
BUGCODE: I can't enable wifi till you run IntelProset from a setup.exe or bluescreen
Then uninstall Proset before you disable Wifi again
No biggie I disable it 24/7

Last edited:
Best Cinebench not too bad, 4.35GHz seems sweet spot lower voltage better temps , lose maybe 2 % on the best 24/7 gaming profiles. Best CPUZ 563 + 8803

Techpowerup got 7100 @ stock with $1,000AU motherboard and CL14 ram

Edit: never linked memory doh ( Memory clock 1067MHz) but does not matter this test I can tell

Last edited:
Settled on 4.35Ghz @ 1.25v set in bios but won't do Silicone Lottery's 4.2GHz @ 1.2v :( lol

I don't use Ryzen Master anymore so I can turn services/ workstation off again :p hehe

CPU-Z-03.jpg

Almost in the 9's
BLENDER01.jpg

REALBENCH01.jpg

Truth, read so much makes my head hurt left both LLC auto
I getting good temps and stability @1.25v and using a motherboard not even recommended for 3900X ;) Just luck i got a good CPU is all I guess

X570 / Ram I did want released at over $1,100 ( Master and Neo C14 )
Mine has cost $460, left rF2 running all day/night @ 4.35GHz as long as
I have good physics feel and no crashes I happy so bench testing for hours
seems pointless to me

Did fresh OS, deleted all testing software and Ryzen Master, bios set core, voltage, XMP that is it

For last bench I cracked blender 10 minute barrier ;)
blender-959.jpg

Actually i could not understand any Ryzen3000 better bang for buck philosophy when using expensive boards and memory :barefoot:
my shop.....
3700X and Neo 3600 C14 - $1,108.00
3900X and Neo 3600 C18 - $1,108.00

3DMark (12455) I just beat #1 score for 3700X/RTX2080 combo ( 12277 ) using 200% + cheaper board and ram. Yes I would lose out in single thread for sure but does the increase make up for everything else being faster with 3900X, I don't think so

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back