amd-system-driver.jpg

I don't use Ryzen Master
In Bios I set :
43.5 x 100
1.25v voltage
XMP - 3600 C18

other then that all stock bios

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 load is 60-70C
Phanteks Evolv X tower has really good cooling much better then corsair cases I used to buy

P.S. Kraken runs better then any Corsair AIO I have had
Now hot weather comes I will knock it back to 4.2GHz, even stock in runs fast enough for 1440p Gsync + RTX2080
3900x-kraken-x62.jpg

I don't regret buying lower end motherboard and memory whatsoever ;)

MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC - 228 AU
G.Skill Neo 3600 C18 slowest timings - 189 AU

Oh mind you ....
Took 3 times to seat cooler proper ( never tightened enough )
It ran all day with absolutely no TIM on CPU yes really true
I got anxiety the 3rd time and dropped the waterblock onto the CPU
Taking that into account I one lucky sod I got these results
people told me I was crazy for getting such a cheap mobo with 3900X
I proved that is hyperbole if nothing else
Great, good to know, will try the same when mine turns up. I already have an EVGA 280mm on my current i7 4770k that I will use, has the am4 bracket with it. I have just dropped 4.5k on new gear and that doesnt include a new GPU.

I did change my set up to AIO pulling air in from the front of the case.
Dropped temps by quite a bit.
I then have 2 fans pulling air in from the top of the case and a single exit fan at the back.

I'll need to look into this properly as I'm running AMD Ryzen Master software at the moment.
Auto OC is on, I think.
I have the same board as you but with a 3600x and Hyper X Predator 3200 Ram

Front fans - intake
Top fans - exhaust
Rear fans - exhaust

hot air rises so the top fans help to expel the heat as it travels upwards.

Attachments

• negative.png
    negative.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 90
I have the radiator front mounted too, the cool air cools the radiator then that hotter air needs to be exhausted from the case so the top and rear exhaust still do their job, its all about the flow of air over componants, if you have air firing downwards from the top its hindering the single exhaust fan at the rear, to make it efficient it needs to be in and out without much turbulance.

Ok cool, thanks for the responses.
I'll turn the top two fans to exhaust.
Any idea on how to control the h110i? I want it so that as it gets hotter it speeds up the pump and fans, but the temps do not appear on the corsair software making this automatic feature useless.

This is a topic I really like.
I've done a lot of testing on my own personal setup.
I found that the best case cooling came by placing higher volume fans at the back and top of the case...with moderate ones or none in front.
The reason seems to be that the 'sucking' effect creates low pressure in the case....which results in temperature drop.
I've made a divert shield on my main CPU fan. It's purpose, is to keep the top case fan from disrupting the airflow beyond a certain point in the case.
A portion of the airflow has to travel clear to the back, without disturbance for VRM cooling to happen efficiently.

Last edited:
Would love to figure out how to get my 3600x to run cool with my H110i v2
The available Corsair oftware doesn't appear to work with ryzen cpus
That sound odd. What temps are you seeing. I have a 3600 (non X) @ 4.2ghz 1.3v and even during hot days of gaming it didn't go above 65. That is with a H80i set to quiet mode with fans set to intake from the back.

Regarding iCue not working, it seems okay for me. But then again I never looked into it because it seems to never get hot.

My old 3770K@4.7ghz on the other hand. That would be regularly in the 80s. I needed to alter the clocks on hot days! Never seemd to do it any harm though. Still a great chip when I swapped it out.

Ok cool, thanks for the responses.
I'll turn the top two fans to exhaust.
Any idea on how to control the h110i? I want it so that as it gets hotter it speeds up the pump and fans, but the temps do not appear on the corsair software making this automatic feature useless.
I was too slow with replying but good to see you'll flip the top rear fans. They should definitely be exhausts!

About fan controlling: the fan should be 3 pin or 4 pin like any other fan or is that corsair a bit special?
I'd say just connect it to a 3 or 4 pin on your motherboard and it should just work via bios or the ryzen software.

Do your other fans run faster and slower like you want it?
Maybe put the corsair fan connection into one of these working slots as they are the crucial part here.
With 3 exhaust fans a static speed should work but the aio fans should definitely go up and down to cool the CPU to not get too much noise being there all the time.

That sound odd. What temps are you seeing. I have a 3600 (non X) @ 4.2ghz 1.3v and even during hot days of gaming it didn't go above 65. That is with a H80i set to quiet mode with fans set to intake from the back.

Regarding iCue not working, it seems okay for me. But then again I never looked into it because it seems to never get hot.

My old 3770K@4.7ghz on the other hand. That would be regularly in the 80s. I needed to alter the clocks on hot days! Never seemd to do it any harm though. Still a great chip when I swapped it out.
I have an ambient room temp of 29 degrees at night... 32 during the day
I've got it all hooked up properly in the 3 or 4 slots marked for PWM, the H110i also connects via USB inside the case I think it's as an extra connection for monitoring.. not sure.
I'm not using iCue, maybe that's it. I'm using some other corsair link software that I originally downloaded for my i7 3770k once I moved to Malaysia in 2013.

I have an ambient room temp of 29 degrees at night... 32 during the day
I've got it all hooked up properly in the 3 or 4 slots marked for PWM, the H110i also connects via USB inside the case I think it's as an extra connection for monitoring.. not sure.
I'm not using iCue, maybe that's it. I'm using some other corsair link software that I originally downloaded for my i7 3770k once I moved to Malaysia in 2013.
I'm pretty sure the USB is the power supply for the pump.
I don't have an aio though so I have no clue, sorry :ninja:

yeah you need to instal iCue software, the Corsair link is older software that doesnt work with some of the newer kit, the USB supplys the pump with power but also allows control of pump speeds, the fans should be plugged into the 3/4 pin mobo connections and then are controlled by PWM.

yeah you need to instal iCue software, the Corsair link is older software that doesnt work with some of the newer kit, the USB supplys the pump with power but also allows control of pump speeds, the fans should be plugged into the 3/4 pin mobo connections and then are controlled by PWM.
Cool. Just installed iCue although it looks pretty basic when you first boot it up. No graphs, curves etc., like they wanted to hide it all for some reason... :O_o:

Hi guys my 3900x and aorus master x570 mobo have arrived and I will start putting the bits together in a week and I have just noticed in the downloads section on the mobo website there are a gazillion drivers and utilities etc. Do I need to download and install all of these, what is the process to update the mobo / bios with all the latest goodies? Cheers

Hi guys my 3900x and aorus master x570 mobo have arrived and I will start putting the bits together in a week and I have just noticed in the downloads section on the mobo website there are a gazillion drivers and utilities etc. Do I need to download and install all of these, what is the process to update the mobo / bios with all the latest goodies? Cheers
Should be a 'sweet' system.
After you do the BIOS updates, go to the official AMD site and get just the X570 chipset drivers.
Those seem to be the newest ones out there and they get the job done....well.
Make sure to load Windows with ACHI setting pre-selected in the BIOS settings.
The performance with that combination should be amazing.
I love how Ryzen handles everything.

Should be a 'sweet' system.
After you do the BIOS updates, go to the official AMD site and get just the X570 chipset drivers.
Those seem to be the newest ones out there and they get the job done....well.
Make sure to load Windows with ACHI setting pre-selected in the BIOS settings.
The performance with that combination should be amazing.
I love how Ryzen handles everything.
Thanks for the info Terry, this is my first amd build, I also got 32gb of g.skill neo 3600 cl16 16-16-36 ram and have three sabrent nvme ssd's on the way, 1tb and 2 X 2tb. Is my first new PC in 6 years am upgrading from. A 4770k so I hope it is a decent upgrade.

Thanks for the info Terry, this is my first amd build, I also got 32gb of g.skill neo 3600 cl16 16-16-36 ram and have three sabrent nvme ssd's on the way, 1tb and 2 X 2tb. Is my first new PC in 6 years am upgrading from. A 4770k so I hope it is a decent upgrade.
It will be.
What're you doing for cooling and thermal paste?
I went with Arctic MX-4 on my 3600X build and while there are some better but more expensive TIM out there, it gets the job done well.
I run ACC in VR with all settings at high for hours and the CPU stays right at 59 degrees C.
The GPU will see 79 degrees C obviously because it is doing the bulk of the heavy lifting, but that is still very respectable.
I was under the HUD last evening running some laps in ACC with the Porsche at Zolder.
Total VRAM usage was right at 6.9 GB of the 11 on my GTX1080Ti with 150% SS.
The entire system was reporting 9 GB usage of the 32 total.
CPU max/thread was fluctuating between 3.7 to 4.2.
It's good you got the 32 GB of DDR3600.
I still have my PNY GTX1070 and R5 2600X sitting around doing nothing.
I was considering selling them but I may just order a MB and some 3600 to replace my existing 3000...then build an entertainment PC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back