Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(drag the zip file into CM)
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
Hi.

Can someone give me a step by step guide of how and where to find the updates for this superb mod. (I'm still using the versions in the original links)

I'm brand new to Discord and cannot fathom how to find and get to the #custom-shaders-discussion or #updates text channels, mentioned earlier in this thread.

I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious!:)

Cheers!

Hi.

Can someone give me a step by step guide of how and where to find the updates for this superb mod. (I'm still using the versions in the original links)

I'm brand new to Discord and cannot fathom how to find and get to the #custom-shaders-discussion or #updates text channels, mentioned earlier in this thread.

I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious!:)

Cheers!
go to main site https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights
scroll down a bit and you'll find a discord invite link which will take you there

Currently my side mirrors look really awkward...latest patch 66 installed..have I missed something here? Why does the car looks so low-res now?

opBigGm.jpg

opBigGm

Still not fixed though p67 should be brought a fix for reflections. Or is this the normal and current state? Could someone share a screen of their side mirrors?

You like it then..?:p
It is amazing, before 3d I liked real-Mirror, now I love it. among the thing I always wanted in AC, this was a big one, I honestly can live without night and /or rain easily, but real mirrors in VR was a must since LFS, but they don't have real cars.
Now that AC has it, I do not see ( pun intended) any reason any more to drive anything else, game over for the other sim's, until they catch up and at the rate they do, might as well forget about it.
What is next from @x4fab and his crew? those guy's are hard to follow as the speed of update is breath taking, but it is worth very efforts.

Same location as the ini file.
I recommend joining the discord (see post #83), some people are putting together various guides and instructions in one of the channels over there.
Might you or anyone else know why that discord link just results in a spinning logo telling me it's opening the Discord app, but it never actually opens?
I have Discord installed.
EDIT: Working now

Last edited:
MMMM.. I'm not seeing the option to render only visible mirrors or activate stereo mirrors in the ...extension/config/smart_mirror config.
I'm on preview 67.
Is there a config update I need to load separately?

MMMM.. I'm not seeing the option to render only visible mirrors or activate stereo mirrors in the ...extension/config/smart_mirror config.
I'm on preview 67.
Probably some glitch with CM. Also installed preview67 (inside Mod Shop) and though it showed 'Installed', files in config weren't updated. I had to close CM and repeat the Install and then it updated the config files.

I'm on preview 67.
Most likely you are not in preview 67 yet, before installing a new version of shaders light, first disable the one you have, second delete it and then install the latest preview.

Most likely you are not in preview 67 yet, before installing a new version of shaders light, first disable the one you have, second delete it and then install the latest preview.
Probably some glitch with CM. Also installed preview67 (inside Mod Shop) and though it showed 'Installed', files in config weren't updated. I had to close CM and repeat the Install and then it updated the config files.

Thanks chaps - I'm still getting the hang of this. I'm sure the last update went through smoothly with the configs updated without any issues. Weird.
Looking forward to trying these stereoscopic mirrors this evening!

hmm, that's odd. there should be a noticeable difference (mirrors flat vs. some depth to it)
sorry for that question, but you're on latest preview, in VR and also have
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
Hi, had installed preview 67 and enabled it in the ini file. but saw no change. However after some fathing about have now installed preview 68 made sure was installed correctly and the ini file was setup. All works fine now. What a great difference it makes, mirrors behave just the same as real ones, to the point I now no longer need spotter.

Hi, had installed preview 67 and enabled it in the ini file. but saw no change. However after some fathing about have now installed preview 68 made sure was installed correctly and the ini file was setup. All works fine now. What a great difference it makes, mirrors behave just the same as real ones, to the point I now no longer need spotter.
Thanks for reporting back. Good to hear it's working for you now.

I just gave the latest update a test run. The stereo mirrors make this mod a must have. I had to dial down a couple of vdeo settings and i'll have to run a few less AI cars. But it is worth it.

Thank you for your work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea