Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(drag the zip file into CM)
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
Hello,

A question: when driving in daylight (Spa, hotlap ), I noticed that the rear lights of the cars and also the light in the grand stands appear as if it were night. So I turned them off in CM. Is there a setting that affects this, i.e. changes the appearance depending on time-of-day.

Thanks,

Gerbrand

I have noticed that with particles on, many windows and in cockpit gauges are missing or not working. Also, the glass for some some other objects such as headlights on the RSS Vortex is missing for some other reason that I cannot find with the shaders enabled.

Reactions: iwn
I'm sure at some point in the future someone will say to me, "You still play Assetto Corsa?" But this patch has given AC a totally new lease on life. I must have downloaded a file (I think I know it to be a track, but since I am not sure I don't want to speak out of turn), but anyway, my engine sounds would not play in AC or ACC, so it monkey'd with something in my settings that I couldn't figure out. UI sounds would work and curb sounds, but no engine sounds - not the point of my post though. The point is that I did a soft re-set of windows and reinstalled AC and the latest shader patch and Sol. HOLY COW!! My frame rates went up to over 200 fps in practice sessions and stay above 75 in 45 AI-car races with maxed out settings and mirrors - I do not have a super-computer. If you haven't done so in a while, dedicate half a day to start fresh - it was worth it for me.

To me AC is the best mod-able game and with a few minor exceptions has original content or mods to simulate every major series from today and throughout modern racing history. I look forward to ACC for its series purity and pumped up graphics, but until there is an IMSA, WEC, VLN, INDY, F1, and DTM version, AC will have a large spot on my hard drive. With URD coming back around with updates and at least one major new car, Ilja and the crew cranking out excellent new content and adjustments to existing platform, I've been more attached to my rig than I have been in quite some time. Thanks and KUDOS!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back