Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(drag the zip file into CM)
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
Yes it's amazing, noticed the mirrors some time v40+ I think. The problem though was the default angle of the side mirrors were not correct, and you'd have to move your head left (or right) to see the rear car on the left side. I asked @x4fab and he confirmed that time that the angle wasn't adjustable yet, but would be in some future release.
Is it fine now with the latest build? -->EDIT: Will try the app.

Last edited:
While x4fab is of course the main man behind this, don't forget to show henter (Discord name) some love here, as he partially took over that part of coding from Ilja.

Also some notes: Currently it crashes instantly when you go to the cockpit perspective of a car without any mirrors, like the karts, the legocar, the lawnmower etc. It's already reported and fixed, but not yet in the current build.

Also some notes: Currently it crashes instantly when you go to the cockpit perspective of a car without any mirrors, like the karts, the legocar, the lawnmower etc. It's already reported and fixed, but not yet in the current build.
And of course it causes a noticeable increase in gpu load (or conversely, decrease in fps)

And of course it causes a noticeable increase in gpu load (or conversely, decrease in fps)
I was expecting a hit (and there undoubtedly is one is real terms - nothing is free) but any decreases must be hidden by my VR 45/ASW buffer because I'm getting the same experience as before, ie objectively the same performance as for previous tried and tested car/track/grid/weather combos.

Ah, the freedom that comes with not chasing 90fps..! :p

I'll make a video now (VR), though it could take a while to upload with my prehistoric speeds.

So yeah, give it 40 mins and you can see it in action :)

upload_2018-8-23_12-15-20.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back