Amazing: Ilja's lights shader mod now has your car reflections in mirrors

Apologies for the badly-worded thread title. I'm a little excited!
This is simply incredible in VR. Immersion goes off the scale.

Download the review51 version of Ilja's light patch
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0168374293/lights-patch-v0.1.23-preview51.zip
(drag the zip file into CM)

In:
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/smart_mirror.ini
paste the following and save:
[REAL_MIRRORS]
ENABLED=1
SHOW_CAR=1

And you now will have the inside of the car and the rear window showing in your rear-view mirror, and the sides of the car showing in your wing mirrors. And if you are playing as God intended (VR) then.... the view in the mirrors will move when you move your head.
You know when, in real car, you lean forward to check your blind spots in your wing mirrors? Yep. That's now possible. BUT YOU CAN NOW SEE YOUR CAR IN THE REFLECTION TOO.
Amazing in tip-tops, amazing in open-tops.

The app for the in-game adjustments (including individual mirror adjustment L/R/U/D and FoV) is here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/453595062299918337/481608826269859870/AccExtMirrors.7z
(drag the zip file into CM)
(don't forget to tick it in Assetto Corsa -- Apps in CM settings)

Ilja is a bloody WARLOCK. He's starting to scare me now.

Last edited:
This has got to be one of the best VR mods ever. Seriously great stuff!

One tiny request though... is there any chance of showing some adjustment values on the mirror adjust app... its kind of hard to get two side mirrors on the same FOV just by eye.???
I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be too hard even for a Python illiterate like me.
For now you can always manually match the FOV in the saved settings for the car in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\real_mirrors\

Make sure the folder %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension exists for the settings to be saved in the first place.

What’s the least intrusive method of making this work?

I joined the discord. From what I gather to use this, I need :
- full content manager version
- download 4 diff packs?
- change ini files?

I’m worried about messing up my game for the pursuit of pretty images.

Just download the latest build from the updates tab (build 73 right now). Drag and drop the zip into the content manager window, click on the three stripes next to the 'about' tab when it turns green and press install.
Go to content>mods tab and activate it if necessary.

Grab Assetto4Seasons and/or AssettoByNight

Check over the last couple of pages for ini tweaks. It'll put an 'Extension' folder in your main AC directory. Go to extension>config>smart mirror.ini to change mirror settings.

None of these changes are permanent and it can be deactivated easily.

Last edited:
Ok I followed the steps, got the shaders installed followed by Assetto4Seasons but when I play the game with time of day set to the afternoon, I see the following issues on the 2017 911 RSR at Nords (my test bed) in VR.

- The whole thing looks dark and hazy outside the car
- Inside the car the rear camera flickers and can't settle

In CM, i'm unchecking "ideal conditions" and picking A4S_Weather options from the drop down as per the A4S instructions. In the mods section of CM, only "shaders lights patch" preview 73 is installed.

No Post Processing filter. I feel like I'm missing a key component somewhere.

@RobertR1
I tried to replicate your settings and the only way I could get it to look anything like that is by selecting the winter preset, and it seemed normal for it to be dark and hazy. Perhaps it is a little darker than it should be.
Spring/summer looked bright, as they should.

No idea what's going on with your in car mirror display, though.

Personally, I only use the A4S stuff when doing night races.

Last edited:
@RobertR1
I tried to replicate your settings and the only way I could get it to look anything like that is by selecting the winter preset, and it seemed normal for it to be dark and hazy. Perhaps it is a little darker than it should be.
Spring/summer looked bright, as they should.

No idea what's going on with your in car mirror display, though.

Personally, I only use the A4S stuff when doing night races.

Thanks! I thought they went hand in hand.

I'll try "ideal conditions" tonight to see if that fixes it.

I also noticed the reflections on the road made by the taillights were unnatural. I did a chase cam using my monitor instead of VR and anytime you hit the brakes a large path of the road lights up red even in daytime.

Anyone using the free version of CM should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves :p.
Seriously, a few quid/bucks to say thanks for all this awesomeness? Best. Value. Ever.

I got the full version now that I was able to fix the FFB settings getting messed up by CM.

It’s a great product. Biggest pro: mapping start/stop/reset/quit buttons to the wheel in VR without needing another application.

Sorry if this has already been reported but I think there might be a bug affecting audio in preview77, which I updated to earlier.

In my case I have no audio whatsoever at any of the Nordschleife tracks and regardless of car selected. However if I launch the AUDIO app and click on Master Volume, I get the sound back again and it's fine. I've tried saving the audio config and restarted / relaunched CM / my PC but there's no sound again. I've also rebooted and verified file integrity via Steam (all good) but that made no difference either.

No other tracks and cars are affected (for me) as far as I can tell so far.

However if I disable the Shaders patch mod, the audio returns.

For now I've rolled back to preview73 and all is good.

Cheers.

Sorry if this has already been reported but I think there might be a bug affecting audio in preview77, which I updated to earlier.

In my case I have no audio whatsoever at any of the Nordschleife tracks and regardless of car selected. However if I launch the AUDIO app and click on Master Volume, I get the sound back again and it's fine. I've tried saving the audio config and restarted / relaunched CM / my PC but there's no sound again. I've also rebooted and verified file integrity via Steam (all good) but that made no difference either.

No other tracks and cars are affected (for me) as far as I can tell so far.

However if I disable the Shaders patch mod, the audio returns.

For now I've rolled back to preview73 and all is good.

Cheers.
Yes, 77 has some issues. The audio problem can be fixed by disabling the new splash screen in splashscreen.ini but it's probably best to stay on 73 for now. I'm sure an update with fixes will come soon.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%