AC Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 TT 12 @ Fat Alfie's Feldbergring - Tue 26th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Staff
Premium
1605878359630.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week we're going to arguably the best Fat Alfie track - Feldbergring. You can now pick any tyre type and grip level has returned to 100%. The race format has changed slightly in order to maximise the racing. Practice is now shorter at 50 mins and the extra 10 mins have been added to 2 x 30 min races.

If you've not tried this car before then jump on the server and give it a go. A large grid on this track would be awesome.

0nUQfCZ.jpg

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 50 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:55 CET, 19:55 GMT (20:55 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 30 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:00 CET, 21:00 GMT (21:00 UTC) | 30 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: Alfa Romeo 33 Tipo TT 12
  • Track: Fat Alfie's Feldbergring
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: No.
Useful Links:
Entry list:
Practice on Server 3 is up

Hey Colin, the auther of the stock cars Paul is using is also the auther of a great mod called Berta Tornado sp by Daniel Jiminez. I have mentioned it before i think, it used to be a pay mod but is now freely available. It is a classic car that is great fun to drive and i know for a fact has been very popular in south american AC races. I have a lot of skins also. May you consider it or at least try it? Maybe other guys could also try it out also and give me there opinions? No need for a link, just google it and you will find it

Reminder of the slight change of format...

1. Practice is now only 50min so Quali will start 10 mins earlier
  2. Race format is now 2x30mins to make the most of this great circuit

Still time to sign up :)

Such a bleeding frustrating race, braking is really my Achilles heal, circuits with heavy braking loose me so much time. And as for trail breaking that is a square input wave for me.:confused:
Sorry about the moan.
105706__58140.1542713995.380.500.jpg
I love this car on the right circuit for me, on the wrong circuit it is my worst nightmare.
I feel the same about the F3 car, its just constant lock ups. :cry:

Can’t do that, if I did well by some fluke I would have to deal with a prolonged guilt trip. I prefer a good moan , once I have finished moaning I am good to go.
:)

Nicer of you to suggest it though.:)

I'm not sue if I will make the next one but I was thinking Riverside too. Other possible good fits for this car are Meadowdale, Sebring and as Allan said Black Cat , Highlands long.

As for last night, I had no track time at all before the practice started so it was a learning exercise for qualy and race 1. I eventually got the hang of it by race 2 but good fun none the less. Well done to the podiums and thanks Colin for hosting.

We are short of entries for Thursday's Stock car event, the cars are easy to drive even in default trim and the track is easy to learn too. If you are thinking about driving then please enter as soon as possible otherwise I may have to cancel.

I'm usually not home from work in time to race with you all during the week, but I was fortunate enough to have COVID keep me at home. The track and car were completely new to me, but both were really great.

It was quite a steep learning curve, but I managed to learn the track well enough to get a few clean laps in. I think I was missing something (setup maybe?) since I was consistently about 3 sec off the pace per lap. The car seemed to terminally understeer, so it seemed like I was driving it like a rally car in the really tight sections.

Despite being dead last, it was a lot of fun driving 3 pedals and using an H-pattern on such a great track. Reminds me of driving in the mountains here in Tennessee!

You did very well considering it was a new combo. There are so many places to make up time that it takes a while to extract the max.

If you're still free next week we're at Riverside - a much shorter track.

You did very well considering it was a new combo. There are so many places to make up time that it takes a while to extract the max.

If you're still free next week we're at Riverside - a much shorter track.
Hi @JamKart22 , short question. Next week, same car? What Riverside variant? Short or long? Have a great weekend

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.