Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ

Cars Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ V1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi all, it's been a while but I have some minor updates ready.

I would also like to include a couple more skins for the race spec car, since there are only a couple right now. So anyone who has made skins for the car and would like to see them included by default, feel free to message me :)

It might be something I have done wrong but I added skin.ini files and different suit colours for some skins I made and they show up in CM showroom but not on track. Could this be an issue with the mod or is it something I did?

Sorry that it took this long to reply.
I've tested with a skin.ini and they're working fine for me. Showing up in both CM and in game.
Maybe double check that you're using [driver_60] and not [driver]?
This works for me for example:
Code:
[driver_60]
SUIT=\plain\red
GLOVES=\classicpastel\red
HELMET=\helmet_1969\red1

You made a great car - well done! :thumbsup:

One thing I find quite distracting is the UV mapping on the steering wheel, which looks quite simplistic and unrealistic. Your TZ is on the top - see how the wood grain runs across the wheel, rather than bending round with the wheel's shape?

ibnN2Pj.jpg

Yeah the wheel was just slapped on a wood texture because I didn't know better. Since I've got a small update planned anyway I will see if I can improve it :thumbsup:

I'll have to admit that I didn't check the AI. I expected them to work. Gonna look into it.
Not sure if it's an AI only thing or not but so far I haven't managed to do that myself.

I'll have to admit that I didn't check the AI. I expected them to work. Gonna look into it.
Not sure if it's an AI only thing or not but so far I haven't managed to do that myself.
I tried again and the AI are still having the same issue. I guess it is an issue for players and AI but don't really know. Can anyone else confirm this issue or has something gone wrong with my install? I haven't tried driving yet but it is happening in most heavy braking zones for the AI.

Yes. I meant that I haven't noticed it happening to me as driver. I can see the AI do the same thing as you have.
Looks like it's to do with the damper adjustments. Reverting to the old suspension fixes it for me, so I'm gonna go trough it value by value to see what exactly causes it.

So... the strange is that now it seems to work fine. I went back to the old file and added the new values bit by bit, and the problem didn't show up again.
Gonna triple check everything once more to make sure it works as it should and then I will upload a quick fix.

Okay so it seems to be rear bumpstops that are acting up. We're testing some other values if we can't get it working how we want we will revert back to the old bumpstops.

@Blamer Are you able to post a screenshot of the flicker you get? And is it really the instruments or is it the lights that are too bright maybe? Could be because of post processing effects.

Okay so it seems to be rear bumpstops that are acting up. We're testing some other values if we can't get it working how we want we will revert back to the old bumpstops.

@Blamer Are you able to post a screenshot of the flicker you get? And is it really the instruments or is it the lights that are too bright maybe? Could be because of post processing effects.
Hey,
I'll try to make a video tomorrow with my rift.
Thanks again for the mod!

I do love driving this car but have a few observations from a VR/immersion perspective in case you were planning on updating the cockpit:
  • the chrome window frames reflect the road quite aggressively, even the inward-facing surfaces. This makes them 'flicker' constantly which is a pretty big distraction in VR. If the same texture from the steering wheel metal was used I guess it might solve the problem, as it's less reflective?
  • ditto with the windscreen wipers, these reflect the road through the bonnet so flicker a lot. The rubber wiper blades also seem made of chrome, which looks odd.
  • the wing mirrors could do with a smoother perimeter to make them 'rounder'. They are quite facetted and this jumps out when glancing from the perfectly round instrument dials to the polygonal wing mirrors.
  • ditto with the rear-view mirror surround and where it fixes to the roof, this looks really low-poly.
  • the instrument dials don't light up with the headlights, but this might have been the case on the original car I guess..?
  • The blue 'headlights on' light is REALLY bright at night.
I hope these points don't come across as nit-picking. VR can really make these types of things quite distracting and immersion-breaking so hopefully you understand why I've mentioned them. It's still a fantastic car whether these things get addressed or not, so thanks again.
:)

Last edited:
I do love driving this car but have a few observations from a VR/immersion perspective in case you were planning on updating the cockpit:
  • the chrome window frames reflect the road quite aggressively, even the inward-facing surfaces. This makes them 'flicker' constantly which is a pretty big distraction in VR. If the same texture from the steering wheel metal was used I guess it might solve the problem, as it's less reflective?
  • ditto with the windscreen wipers, these reflect the road through the bonnet so flicker a lot. The rubber wiper blades also seem made of chrome, which looks odd.
  • the wing mirrors could do with a smoother perimeter to make them 'rounder'. They are quite facetted and this jumps out when glancing from the perfectly round instrument dials to the polygonal wing mirrors.
  • ditto with the rear-view mirror surround and where it fixes to the roof, this looks really low-poly.
  • the instrument dials don't light up with the headlights, but this might have been the case on the original car I guess..?
  • The blue 'headlights on' light is REALLY bright at night.
I hope these points don't come across as nit-picking. VR can really make these types of things quite distracting and immersion-breaking so hopefully you understand why I've mentioned them. It's still a fantastic car whether these things get addressed or not, so thanks again.
:)

This is proper feedback so no problem at all ;)
I use VR as well and the slightly low poly stuff never really bothered me, which is why it's still there I guess. The reflections I do agree and I'm gonna try to reduce that but can't guarantee it since it's the same material as the exterior chrome parts.
Smoothing the mirrors/surrounds shouldn't be an issue so I can improve that.
I don't use the night mod myself so I didn't know the interior light is really bright. Will set it to a lower value in the upcoming fix.

There is an auto ffb button on the ffb controller on this car. How did you do that and is there anyway to do this for every car in AC? I know there is an Auto FFB app available but this solution was much better.

Last edited:
There is an auto ffb button on the ffb controller on this car. How did you do that and is there anyway to do this for every car in AC? I know there is an Auto FFB app available but this solution was much better.
Sorry, no idea what does that. I went though some data files and can't find a setting for it. Will ask the man behind the physics if he knows.

This is proper feedback so no problem at all ;)
I use VR as well and the slightly low poly stuff never really bothered me, which is why it's still there I guess. The reflections I do agree and I'm gonna try to reduce that but can't guarantee it since it's the same material as the exterior chrome parts.
Smoothing the mirrors/surrounds shouldn't be an issue so I can improve that.
I don't use the night mod myself so I didn't know the interior light is really bright. Will set it to a lower value in the upcoming fix.

Thanks for the reply. How about copying the window frame and windscreen wiper material properties from the Kunos Ferrari 250 GTO - could that work? They have more of a satin finish, less reflective. The shaders on the 250 GTO all set an excellent reference benchmark for classics, actually.

Thanks for the reply. How about copying the window frame and windscreen wiper material properties from the Kunos Ferrari 250 GTO - could that work? They have more of a satin finish, less reflective. The shaders on the 250 GTO all set an excellent reference benchmark for classics, actually.
I think it's more a texture thing. The map which controls reflections needs some tweaking I think.
I've looked at the GTO and the Alfa 33 when working on shaders, can't remember if I used similar settings for the chrome but will check it out ;)

Sorry, no idea what does that. I went though some data files and can't find a setting for it. Will ask the man behind the physics if he knows.
Yeah, I went through them also and couldn't find anything. If we could find out how he did it that would be great. I find the FFB clip app too inconsistent.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back