Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ

Cars Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ V1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
BrianB submitted a new resource:

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ - Sports car and racing car manufactured by Alfa Romeo from 1963 to 1967

Ad394sK.png

1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ
My first mod for AC. Just over a year of occasional work on this car ended up better than I could have hoped for. Before starting this project I didn't know that much about 3D modelling, texturing and importing into the game. But with quite a bit of trial and error and lots of useful help from the modding community I was learning and getting better all the time. It may not be at the level of...

Read more about this resource...

:roflmao: Think you've preemptively crashed the Lod C - the right hand wheels are all severely toed in! I wouldn't worry about it though, not gonna be remotely visible at a distance, just thought it was funny :D Looks great though, look forward to testing it out soon.

d4f25750f6c956a3d1347855bf0a541c.gif

Haha, I didn't even notice that. No idea how that might have happend. But yeah since it's LOD C it won't be visible anyway

Really fun car .

But, 3D model needs some work, especially interior which needs more polygons and better textures.
Physics seems plausible, with great weight transfer feeling. I can't tell how realistic it is, is it so soft IRL?

This is one hell of a debut, so far could only check the car in CM, but it has all it needs, LODs, good mesh, good textures (not too many and right formats) and so on. I reserve 5 stars till i test it ;)

Only this area of the rear may need a little overhaul:
1.jpg

or rather manual triangulation

also, I don't quite understand why you use four ground collision boxes around the suspension instead of a single big slap? The pipeline says its better for performance to use as few boxes as possible.

Physics seems plausible, with great weight transfer feeling. I can't tell how realistic it is, is it so soft IRL?

Videos of the car racing in the 60s are very rare, but from the few videos we found we saw quite a bit of body roll, so this is our estimation to get it to behave in a similar way. So probably not perfect, but I think it's unlikely we can get much closer with whats available.

Also, I don't quite understand why you use four ground collision boxes around the suspension instead of a single big slap? The pipeline says its better for performance to use as few boxes as possible.

I asked the same thing to abbo90 (who did the physics) and he said he "started using 4 little colliders instead of a bigger one with WRC because it has better bounce damping on high jumps, so now i use them for standard even if other cars don't have to do big jumps"

Was there a radical difference in suspensions between the TZ1 and the TZ2?

To answer my own question (I do that a lot): yes. According to Wouter Melissen of the ultimatecarpage.com, "While [TZ1] customers were winning races every weekend, the engineers at Autodelta were hard at work on a series of improvements. They did not leave an element untouched when they created the TZ2; a lighter, lower and more powerful version of the original TZ. The biggest departure was the use of fibreglass for the body instead of the aluminium used for decades. Where- as the original TZ was a graceful, elegant machine, the slightly changed proportions turned the TZ2 into a muscle car and it was regularly referred to as a mini-GTO." Which explains those ugly cooling slots on the noses of the TZ2. Anyway, having driven your TZ extensively at Bridgehampton and the Glen, I give it my unequivocal endorsement. Salud!

Here's some onboard footage for anyone sitting on the fence. It's a really fun car to drive, well worth downloading.

Very nice lap! Good to see that it seems to work with the night mod. In the CM showroom there were some strange shadows in the light with the extra lights enabled. I can't see if you're using them here but if so it looks good :thumbsup:

Very nice lap! Good to see that it seems to work with the night mod. In the CM showroom there were some strange shadows in the light with the extra lights enabled. I can't see if you're using them here but if so it looks good :thumbsup:
Thanks, yeah I do have the extra lights enabled. There seems to be a lot more glare from the lights themselves than other cars (I checked across many PP filters) some of the classic car mods have lights that are too dull IMO but I think these need toning down a bit.

Talking of lights, we found out in MP that whether you have the extra lights enabled or not it looks like you always have them on from another players perspective.

Also are the extra lights included in the collider thingy? I hit a buddy in front a few times and didn't think I was close enough to touch.

Thanks, yeah I do have the extra lights enabled. There seems to be a lot more glare from the lights themselves than other cars (I checked across many PP filters) some of the classic car mods have lights that are too dull IMO but I think these need toning down a bit.

I felt like it was too bright as well, but it's actually around the values Kunos recommend. Maybe I did something wrong. Wouldn't be surprised with it being my first mod. I'll note it and check it out :)

Talking of lights, we found out in MP that whether you have the extra lights enabled or not it looks like you always have them on from another players perspective.

Thats because of the game I believe. Only the default position of animated parts is visible in multiplayer, and in this case the lights are enabled by default. Not too hard to change around but I don't really see it as an issue.

Also are the extra lights included in the collider thingy? I hit a buddy in front a few times and didn't think I was close enough to touch.

The extra lights aren't. What you may have noticed is that the collider doesn't go back inwards at the rear of the car.

@BrianB just incase it is something my end here is what it looks like for me. With full night time (I'm using Black Night mod) the lights don't look so bright with some filters but with low light they look way too bright my end.

Full night:

Default PP
20180807195448_1.jpg

Natural Mod
20180807195503_1.jpg

Low light:

CM PP
20180807195617_1.jpg

Natural mod
20180807195631_1.jpg

20180807195642_1.jpg

It might be something I have done wrong but I added skin.ini files and different suit colours for some skins I made and they show up in CM showroom but not on track. Could this be an issue with the mod or is it something I did?

It might be something I have done wrong but I added skin.ini files and different suit colours for some skins I made and they show up in CM showroom but not on track. Could this be an issue with the mod or is it something I did?

I'm honestly not sure. I will check it out as well and see if I can make it work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back