Alex Albon Joins Red Bull from Spa Onwards

Danny Ric... in a few years he will be remembered as they guy that threw away his career at Renault.
If he stayed he would have had a handfull of podiums too. Now he is happy to just finish with that car.
Ever becoming WC looks further away than ever for him.
I'm pretty sure he went to Renault for the money:D

Red Bull is clearly in search of another "Ricciardo", we must not forget that Max's contract expires next year and it's quite probable that he'd go to Mercedes... Times is running out for Reb Bull.
Max going to Mercedes is silly, with Red Bull he has a team built around him, he can fight toe to toe with LH with his RB, and Honda is improving every race, next year the car will surely be even better.
Not to mention in Mercedes he would be No.2 driver to LH, maybe when LH retires and RB won't have a fast car then he decides to switch teams.

redbull did it again b4 with kvyat and now gas... they r not new at these changes.. but i doubt a rookie like albon even if talented will succed tbh atm only lecler and hamm could duel against max

I'm pretty sure he went to Renault for the money:D
No, I believe it had little to do with the money.

Danny Ric realised that the attitude towards him at RB was deteriorating, due to the Jos Verstappen factor, and the blatant favoritism towards Max. Also some of the comments by both Horner and Marko like "Max is the future of RB" is enough to raise the alarm bells that your going to be treated as the #2 driver, when there's not supposed to be a #1 or #2 in RB, according to Horner.

RB have a huge reputation for playing "career killers" all due to being bull headed, it takes time for some of these rookie's to adapt to F1, some adapt faster than others, doesn't mean they aren't worthy of the seat. If memory serves, Max had more issues, DNF's and crashes than Gasly in his rookie RB season, yet he maintained his seat and was never put in a position of having to perform to a set standard.

I can imagine the pressure Gasly was under to perform at the level expected from RB as rear guard for Max, what a head fark for the young rookie, and this decision to drop him for the remainder of the season for Albon will have another negative mental affect on Gasly, he will now be asking himself if he is actually good enough.

The treatment of young rookie's within RB is disgraceful IMO, they seem to show no concern for the mental well being of a young driver, so easy for them to just dump one for the other, in the name of a handful of constructors points over Ferrari.

Danny Ric realised that the attitude towards him at RB was deteriorating, due to the Jos Verstappen factor, and the blatant favoritism towards Max. Also some of the comments by both Horner and Marko like "Max is the future of RB" is enough to raise the alarm bells that your going to be treated as the #2 driver, when there's not supposed to be a #1 or #2 in RB, according to Horner.

RB have a huge reputation for playing "career killers" all due to being bull headed, it takes time for some of these rookie's to adapt to F1, some adapt faster than others, doesn't mean they aren't worthy of the seat. If memory serves, Max had more issues, DNF's and crashes than Gasly in his rookie RB season, yet he maintained his seat and was never put in a position of having to perform to a set standard.

I can imagine the pressure Gasly was under to perform at the level expected from RB as rear guard for Max, what a head fark for the young rookie, and this decision to drop him for the remainder of the season for Albon will have another negative mental affect on Gasly, he will now be asking himself if he is actually good enough.

The treatment of young rookie's within RB is disgraceful IMO, they seem to show no concern for the mental well being of a young driver, so easy for them to just dump one for the other, in the name of a handful of constructors points over Ferrari.
These kind of decisions are not only bases on that 1 and half hour we see once every 2 weeks.

They are a multi million pound race team, they want results, they can hire and fire who they like. These are competitive racing drivers and understand this.

RB suk IMO, I don't remember them giving Max a hard time over all the screw ups & DNF's he made in his 1st season, going by the current RB attitude Max should never of made it past the mid season either. So why the big dump on Gassly, RB are being selfish imo, they would rather garner a few more constructors points over the career of a young rookie driver, RB have the power to destroy dreams.
I doubt Kyvat will ever get the seat back even if Albon fails to deliver, even if he is the best option going into 2020, I can't see it happening.

Tough, but this is F1. Any driver is lucky to get to drive in F1 at all and Red Bull has the luxury to evaluate their drivers in two teams. If somebody is performing better in the "B" team than "A" team, it only makes sense to swap IMO. Speaking of Kvyat, that swap with Verstappen in 2016 didn't turn out too bad with Max winning his first race. At the time I thought that move was even more questionable.

If I was a team boss I'd be looking to replace any driver over 28 with a teenager. Experience isn't what it used to be.

So then you'd have Hamilton replaced after 2013 when he had only one of his five (six) championships won? :)

Tough, but this is F1. Any driver is lucky to get to drive in F1 at all and Red Bull has the luxury to evaluate their drivers in two teams. If somebody is performing better in the "B" team than "A" team, it only makes sense to swap IMO. Speaking of Kvyat, that swap with Verstappen in 2016 didn't turn out too bad with Max winning his first race. At the time I thought that move was even more questionable.

So then you'd have Hamilton replaced after 2013 when he had only one of his five (six) championships won? :)

Can you imagine the hype if albon wins his first gp?... Or if he even out qualifies max...

Last edited:

I've checked Daniel's and Max' qualifying performance when Daniel decided to leave Red Bull. Even in 2016, Max has been doing quite good against Daniel. Though I don't like Max aggressive driving style, I have to admit he's got speed. As for Gasly, I think he's just not a top team driver. Top drivers are supposed to be plug & play, take a look at Leclerc and Norris. Being stuck behind a Mclaren in Hungaroring is just too painful to watch, especially if that person is Helmut Marko:roflmao:

What a laugh... you think RB will even entertain these thoughts, putting Albon before Max will never happen, even if he can out qualify Max.
It was by an accident of sorts that Max won his first race with Red Bull. Ricciardo qualified ahead and was running ahead of Max, so when they split strategies they gave him what seemed to be the better option. Except it didn't work, and Max was able to hold off Raikkonen to win.
Why couldn't something like that happen again?
And if Albon does end up ahead in the race, and has better pace, then I do think they will give him strategic preference

It was by an accident of sorts that Max won his first race with Red Bull. Ricciardo qualified ahead and was running ahead of Max, so when they split strategies they gave him what seemed to be the better option. Except it didn't work, and Max was able to hold off Raikkonen to win.
Why couldn't something like that happen again?
And if Albon does end up ahead in the race, and has better pace, then I do think they will give him strategic preference

So you think he can put up with Max, noway:roflmao:. Albon's racing history is not that impressive:thumbsdown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back