Alex Albon Joins Red Bull from Spa Onwards

Who cares about RedBull anyways?? A team that lets a future World Champion move to Renault...next year Ric will be joining Ferrari or Merc and no one will ever hear about any bull.

Last edited:
Patience is key for sucess...something RedBull and Crashtappen lack. I'm going to laugh so much next year!!!
McLaren wanted to be at the top with Honda. Did they succeed? No. RBR is getting success. And why? RBR took a different approach: First they let Honda work on reliability as an engine supplier of STR. And then a year later, instead of building a chassis and say to Honda build an engine to fit this chassis, they did the opposite way. Let Honda build an engine and RBR build a chassis around it. And the effect is very clear: the car and engine is more successful than they expected. That shows that they have a lot of patience. A program of 3 years to get Honda on the right track.

I'm pretty sure he went to Renault for the money:D
The true test of a driver is driving for development teams. Look a Michael Schumacher, everyone said he was successful because he had good teams (Benetton & Ferrari) So he came out of retirement to build the AMG Mercedes outfit. Helping build and develop the car so Lewis Hamillton can dominate in it today.
Think about it all the action is in the middle of the pack that is where cars are closer matched in performance. So it is harder.

The true test of a driver is driving for development teams. Look a Michael Schumacher, everyone said he was successful because he had good teams (Benetton & Ferrari) So he came out of retirement to build the AMG Mercedes outfit. Helping build and develop the car so Lewis Hamillton can dominate in it today..
:confused:
Knowing Michael and how competitive (and why not saying narcissistic, all the best drivers are, aren't they?) he was... can't really imagine him "build team" around anyone else but him. Build team so that Lewis, almost a decade later succeed ? :O_o:
Nah... that's not Michael.
He want to bring back Ferrari on throne. While sitting on that throne himself.
He was trying to do the same with Merc. MY honest opinion.

Knowing Michael and how competitive (and why not saying narcissistic, all the best drivers are, aren't they?) he was... can't really imagine him "build team" around anyone else but him. Build team so that Lewis, almost a decade later succeed ? :O_o:

Wasn't he there only because he was under contract with Merc almost whole his career? My opinion is that he didn't "build team", he was there to develop the car in Merc's try to get back to F1. He wasn't doing it for Lewis, he was doing it for Merc and I guess Brawn. Then in 2012 they were on right track and it was time for new generation driver (as they are supposed to be quicker). Lewis was perfect "target", and here we are today. Now, small fantasy off-topic but it just got in my head: imagine that Lewis had car/engine/gearbox saving skills in 2012 as today. He would most probably won that year, and stayed with McLaren. Which would probably put Hulk/Perez in that seat. How different would everything be. :D

Bolded one: since when is 4-5 years=decade? :rolleyes:

P.S. Now I'm lost in thoughts about how is this related to Albon moving to RB. :roflmao:

This tread is somewhat long settled but reading many being surprised I am wondering what you were expecting to happen once Gasly has been utterly & literally destroyed? He actually had no positive at all either in quals or races , not to mention points, or even DNF's so to have a say at staying. With effectively and theoretically being 11-0 against him in all 11 races, his days were long ago counted.

What baffles me is they chose Albon against Kvyat. I guess too much of an ego in that decision.

Apparently i heard a story that Michael Shumacher was supposed to drive for a F1 team as a rookie.It was a factory Mercedes team. They lost major sponsor who where taken over by "Hot Point". Meaning lay offs so they quit program in respect to employees laid off. One of the personnel was Peter Sauber who formed a team with the left overs. Michael had in his contract if Mercedes built a factory team under their name he would have 1st choice to drive. He sat in for Gatchot at Spa (Gatchot was in prison). And the drive at Spa got 6th place for the new Jordan outfit, and that got him in a perminent Benetton seat then a long stint at Ferrari. So the AMG Mercedes team was setup to lure Michael out of retirement. And the clause made him obligated to do it. Michael was a good test driver and many of his old friends Ross Brawn ect. would join him because they liked working with him.

Apparently i heard a story that Michael Shumacher was supposed to drive for a F1 team as a rookie.It was a factory Mercedes team. They lost major sponsor who where taken over by "Hot Point". Meaning lay offs so they quit program in respect to employees laid off. One of the personnel was Peter Sauber who formed a team with the left overs. Michael had in his contract if Mercedes built a factory team under their name he would have 1st choice to drive. He sat in for Gatchot at Spa (Gatchot was in prison). And the drive at Spa got 6th place for the new Jordan outfit, and that got him in a perminent Benetton seat then a long stint at Ferrari. So the AMG Mercedes team was setup to lure Michael out of retirement. And the clause made him obligated to do it. Michael was a good test driver and many of his old friends Ross Brawn ect. would join him because they liked working with him.
This sounds like one of those strange alternate-history stories! Ross Brawn was already at the team; he was the architect behind most of it to that point. The circumstances that led to him owning a team, working with Mercedes, and selling the team to Mercedes had nothing to do with Michael. And it was the opportunity to work with Ross that tempted Michael out of retirement

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%