Alex Albon Joins Red Bull from Spa Onwards

That was my first thinking. Calling this "disastrous" when Gasly is currently #6 on the championship is pushing it.
It's close to disastrous in my opinion. 6th doesn't sound too bad, except that he has less than half as many points as the driver in 5th! And about one third the points of his teammate. If he even had half the points that Verstappen has then Red Bull would likely be in 2nd place in the constructor's championship

RB suk IMO, I don't remember them giving Max a hard time over all the screw ups & DNF's he made in his 1st season, going by the current RB attitude Max should never of made it past the mid season either. So why the big dump on Gassly, RB are being selfish imo, they would rather garner a few more constructors points over the career of a young rookie driver, RB have the power to destroy dreams.
I doubt Kyvat will ever get the seat back even if Albon fails to deliver, even if he is the best option going into 2020, I can't see it happening.

This strikes me as very premature. Why not let Albon gain more experience at Toro Rosso? Not to mention he'll now be paired with Verstappen.

I'm not too impressed by the way Red Bull manages its drivers. They've had some success with Ricciardo, Vettel and Verstappen, but they've also had their fair shares of flops.

Look the decision is okay, but telling shortly beforehand they wouldn't do it etc. is just not okay.

If you watch baseball you know this phenomenon all too well - the dreaded "vote of confidence" from a team's general manager for an embattled manager. There's a roughly 100% chance that said manager is fired 3-4 weeks later. It's been a running joke in the sport for decades. Nothing unusual here... sadly.

Red Bull is clearly in search of another "Ricciardo", we must not forget that Max's contract expires next year and it's quite probable that he'd go to Mercedes... Times is running out for Reb Bull.

Wow another Red Bull U turn, "gasly is safe until the end of the season" that was only a few weeks ago.
As RB are now in a full on battle to secure 2nd place in the constructors championship, it kind of makes sense for whatever reason Gasly is unable to get settled with the Team/Car and with the string of poor results, RB are almost taking the battle Ferrari and Mercedes with 1 and a half cars, they need their 2nd car to pick up the slack and gather points, and more crucial that car needs to be higher up the field to assist Max V.
I think Albon will perform to a better level, he's just jumped into an F1 car and seemed to adapt ok, Im not saying Albon is better than Gasly no one knows that yet, but right here right now I think he's the logical choice
If he can get used to the car to a reasonable level I think he can assist in the constructors fight for RB.
Being trueful can he do any worse its damage limitations and maybe a bit too late TBH.

I just hope as people say that this will not burn Gasly and be the start of the end for Albon, I bet RB are kicking themselves they don't have Carlos on the books :p

I wish Gasly and Albon all the best

• Deleted member 205301

Some says that the fact that RedBull is a thaï mix (originaly), and had a thaï owner (Chalerm Yoovidhya) have something to do with this change... I dont really agree with this, but it's an interesting theory
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to those who answered me, I haven't realize it has been so long and kid has 4 seasons done already. And since I'm not following/watching races all I know about this kid is that he sends it all the time :)
Anyway, red bull is strange

Thanks to those who answered me, I haven't realize it has been so long and kid has 4 seasons done already. And since I'm not following/watching races all I know about this kid is that he sends it all the time :)
Anyway, red bull is strange
No they just want the best. If you are not good enough they just get another driver.
It's not a welfare institute that keeps 2nd grade drivers, hoping that once they will rise above themself.
That cost 10's of millions per race without any gains in publicity.
There is hundreds of people there working to achieve the best results possible.
If the driver is the weakest link, he is the first to go.

This strikes me as very premature. Why not let Albon gain more experience at Toro Rosso? Not to mention he'll now be paired with Verstappen.
I think it's a bit of a waste of time letting him gain experience in a series other than F1. The new young drivers are showing that youth is a big bonus in these cars and they seem to have a natural talent for driving high down force cars.

Why waste the time on feeder series, when that super fast reaction time of young people could be taken advantage of in F1?

While I feel sorry for Gasley, it's not nice to take a step backwards in your career I can fully understand why RB feel like they could get better performance out of the car.

If I was a team boss I'd be looking to replace any driver over 28 with a teenager. Experience isn't what it used to be.

No they just want the best. If you are not good enough they just get another driver.
It's not a welfare institute that keeps 2nd grade drivers, hoping that once they will rise above themself.
That cost 10's of millions per race without any gains in publicity.
There is hundreds of people there working to achieve the best results possible.
If the driver is the weakest link, he is the first to go.
Yeah... but that would mean to get proven driver? Just glanced over his career stats on wiki and it doesn't look like he's someone exceptional... So to me this looks like they are doing trials. Of course that could also mean they are very confident in Max and they are able to afford getting mediocre 2nd driver?

I think it's a bit of a waste of time letting him gain experience in a series other than F1. The new young drivers are showing that youth is a big bonus in these cars and they seem to have a natural talent for driving high down force cars.

Why waste the time on feeder series, when that super fast reaction time of young people could be taken advantage of in F1?

That's not what I wrote, though. Albon is already in F1.

But in reply to your post, I think feeder series are very useful. I think that one of the reasons Stroll has been struggling in F1 is because he skipped F2 and went straight to F1. Look at Norris, Russell, Albon: they all do so well because they spent some time in F2. The exception is Verstappen, but that guy is off the scale when it comes to talent!:geek:

Sad Kaviat had a podeom recently. But Allbons has done a fantastic job for his first season in F1. Along with Lando Norris. These are the future stars of F1. But the nicest thing about Allbon is he is always happy in interviews, even when things go bad. Most drivers are mundane and cold with the press.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%