(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Guys!

How can i see the tire wear? I / M / O, for tire pressures
The ACTI plugin and Assetto Corsa only provides IMO temperature readouts:

2019-01-17-005233-screenshot.png

Tire wear can only be judged from the single data channel per tire "Tire Rubber Grip".

When you progress through a race you will see that the tire rubber grip will slowly be reduced.

Tire wear in Assetto Corsa is best judged by a combination of inputs WHILE racing.
I very much recommend using the app "Sidekick" to get info about tire pressure, temperature and wear while racing in a very compact and highly focussed app.
Assign the app shortcuts to two buttons on your wheel and you can flip through the tire information (and all other essential information during a race) by the press of a button.

Also essential for judgement of tire life is the app Protires which will provide indicative tire life estimations.
Best of course is to test tires extensively. A well known trick that works great in Assetto Corsa is to run short test sessions of ~10-20 laps at accelerated tire life. This will give you a good feeling how a certain tire will behave (and translate into lap times) towards the end of a stint.

I have a bug report, of sorts.

I've noticed that brake temperatures in ACTI are not working for many of the cars. I've made a list of the ones I've tested so far (and I will add more later if I find them):

Abarth 500 - shows a constant 17˚C the whole lap
Audi R8 LMS - shows "0˚C N/A" the whole lap
BMW Z4 GT3 - shows a constant 17˚C the whole lap
Lotus 25 - shows a constant 17˚C the whole lap
Ferrari 330 P4 - works perfectly! :)

Is it possible this could be fixed?

Thanks. :cool:

Hi -
I'm attempting to funnel telemetry data from AC out through a usb-serial port, is there any way I might be able to tap into the telemetry stream with something like a Python script, and if so, would your software help in any way? I'm assuming this software does not offer an API or anything similar.

Hello, does someone know how to make a Inverse Corner Radius math channel in Motec i2?
I know that I need lateral acceleration and speed but dont know how to write the math.

Best wishes

Hi @KLGreene,

Really nice mod, really enjoyed analyzing my driving data. Something I never thought I could do in AC.

The one thing I want to ask is although the live telemetry in ACTI is okay but is there a way that I could view my live session telemetry via MoTeC i2 with the help of ACTI and some other MoTeC tools?

Thanks again for the great mod

In short how I create an gps track map:

start an flying lap
before start/finish, position your car at the outer line
drive around track in low speed (1-2nd gear), stay at the line you want to create
after lap is complete, close logging or return to pit (in-lap)

repeat same for inner line
make sure you do 2 logs, with only the "track-map" lap

make a few laps for the drive-line, to be used for the trackmap (key T)

load your 2 files
index.php

select outer lap
index.php

click generate track in the track editor, select Outer Line, click OK
index.php

select the inner lap, do as above but select Inner Line

Almost all tracks have 3 sectors so I create these Categories and Sections
index.php

After this I save everything, close all data and workspace

Now open the log with the drive line, go to generate track
index.php

For rF2 -> use GPS
For AC -> use Lateral G & Speed

If you do not do this, the Track (T key) with the red dot will be wrong (only in AC, rF2 still works)
I use the Track as an quick "drive line" track map

rF2 and AC Track behaves different so I have an fixed degree on my GPS map in the workspace
and then I always rotate the Track so it show the same as the GPS map.
index.php

To set the sector distance, enter the Track Report tab (or suitable tab) and add beacon or previous sector time. Locate and zoom where the change is indicated on the graph
index.php

index.php

(to select an zoom range, double click to mark start and then click to set end of zoom)

In rF2 -> Delay seems to be 0 to 8m so I subtract that from the distance value
(some rF2 tracks do not have any delay)
in AC -> I use the previous sector time change position

I then enter these values in the track map editor
index.php

Now I save everything again and close all data & worksheets

One comment regarding AC, the ACTI app creating these files do not create an different track
name for variations of the same track, so here you manually have to copy files.
See the Monza66 as an example.

Hope it helps :)

do you know if there is a method to use image files as track map backgrounds instead of using the google API integrated into Motec i2 Pro?

I have difficulties to get the google API working correctly and it would be simply so easy to use a screenshot from google maps as an image file instead.

Can someone explain me like a noob how do I show real time telemetry to my friend on another pc? Like which IP adress do I put in settings, where and which IP adress do my friend has to put in his computer? I read the guide, but it's pretty complicated for me. Thank's!

/Edit:
We tried localhost, public IP, hamachi and even port redirection, every time the same error at the end: ERROR: Dataflow synchronization has timed out. And we tried launching it from the app and the app in-game, it just doesn't seem to work. So if anyone have a step by step guide, i'll be very thankful!
PS. My telemetry works okay when i want to see it on my own computer, but my friend cannot access it.

Last edited:
Hello @KLGreene ,
First of all, thank you so much for this app, a must, a perfectly done :thumbsup:

UPDATED: Don't worry, I figured out. :laugh:

I have MOTEC I2 Pro 1.1 and sadly I cannot open the project, nor see the log files.
Is there a way around this issue?
It seems that this version works only with workspaces, no projects. But I am not an expert on the subject :unsure:
Thanks again for your time and kindness to make this app.

Last edited:
Hello @KLGreene ,
First of all, thank you so much for this app, a must, a perfectly done :thumbsup:

UPDATED: Don't worry, I figured out. :laugh:

I have MOTEC I2 Pro 1.1 and sadly I cannot open the project, nor see the log files.
Is there a way around this issue?
It seems that this version works only with workspaces, no projects. But I am not an expert on the subject :unsure:
Thanks again for your time and kindness to make this app.
Did you try executing the pre-made workspace opposed to opening with-in Motec?

Did you try executing the pre-made workspace opposed to opening with-in Motec?
Yes, I did. The association was not created, so I did. But in the end, I chose to open a workspace called Assetto Corsa that is included in MoTeC.
Some Math don't work, oversteering for instance, I tried to change the math, ad managed everything except "wheelbase" that I don't know what channel is for ACTI.
Thank for your kind interest.

Is there any way to update this app to have separate channels for damper velocities and histograms for heave springs and corner springs? I know that heave mainly comes into effect when the suspension is moving vertically so the information is there if you look at the damper velocity graphs when the car is in a straight line and when cornering, corner springs but its a frustrating experience sometimes since their effect will overlap from time to time.

Having separate damper graphs and histograms would help immensely in setting up modern F1 and LMP1 cars

Is there any way to update this app to have separate channels for damper velocities and histograms for heave springs and corner springs? I know that heave mainly comes into effect when the suspension is moving vertically so the information is there if you look at the damper velocity graphs when the car is in a straight line and when cornering, corner springs but its a frustrating experience sometimes since their effect will overlap from time to time.

Having separate damper graphs and histograms would help immensely in setting up modern F1 and LMP1 cars
It is trivial to extract heave related data from existing suspension data - lets get on the discord some time and i will show you how to do it.

Is it possible to edit what data the app pulls from the game? For example if i wanted to log the data that comes from the developer "wings" app would that be possible?

Also, can you change when the app starts logging? For example, if i wanted the app to start logging once I've pressed drive so i have a start point when the car's speed is 0kmph.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back