ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you make Car/Track History work with car being left blank?

As in: Select Indianapolis and Blank Car, it would show all the Indianapolis laps, instead of all the Ferrari Indianapolis laps if I were to select Indianapolis and Ferrari Car.

This won't be a quick fix unfortunately.

A new connection is required for each session. ACC sometimes sends old events on previous sessions (repeated info) so these must be discarded.

What is happening with you is that for a new session, I'm seeing messages reported as being from both the new and old sessions....those with the old session ID are being discarded so the session isn't being recorded.

I'm going to have to trace through the code to see is there is the possibility of getting the session IDs mixed or if it is on ACC's side
Ηello Doug! So is this happening with everybody else or is it just me?
Are you sure that there isn't anything I can do from my side?

Ηello Doug! So is this happening with everybody else or is it just me?
Are you sure that there isn't anything I can do from my side?
Hi,
Sorry about the delay - I've been trying to get a bunch of other things sorted. I haven't seen other reports of your situation...at least not as extreme as yours.

Firstly, if you haven't already done so, can you download 1.16.14 - this is only available through the Install Latest Update button at the top right of the screen (I'm not releasing this on RaceDepartment as it only has diagnostic fixes).

Next - you need to activate the option to dump broadcast messages. Go to the settings page, check Test : Developer Mode to expose the hidden options, then go for Dump Broadcast Messages.
1667726328270.png

This will generate very large log files dump every single UDP message from ACC. The issue is that I'm expecting messages on a given connection and the messages are reporting they are from a different connection. The log should help me see if this is a bug with my code (overwriting the connection ID), or if ACC is reporting the wrong connection ID, but on the expected connection, or if ACC is still pumping out messages on the wrong connection.

Now, run through your normal scenario. It looks like you can reproducee though offline practices. Can you run the following

• Offline practice with other cars. Doesn't have to be long (5 minutes should be enough)
  • Now go to a new session (or restart the session) and do another 5 minutes. Look in the log
  • 1667726994775.png
  • If you see the above message pattern (ie Ignoring XXX update XXX for connection XXX) then the issue has happened
  • Go to your ARC Folder (it's quickest just to click the button below)
  • 1667727320689.png
  • Look for BroadcastDump.txt and possibly also BroadcastDump1.txt. These could be big (max 100MB each) and get them to me in some form
    • They might be too big to post here so maybe upload to dropbox/googledrive and message me the location
  • Depending on what I find will hopefully give me options for addressing this issue
Thanks for your patience

Last edited:
Hi,
Sorry about the delay - I've been trying to get a bunch of other things sorted. I haven't seen other reports of your situation...at least not as extreme as yours.

Firstly, if you haven't already done so, can you download 1.16.14 - this is only available through the Install Latest Update button at the top right of the screen (I'm not releasing this on RaceDepartment as it only has diagnostic fixes).

Next - you need to activate the option to dump broadcast messages. Go to the settings page, check Test : Developer Mode to expose the hidden options, then go for Dump Broadcast Messages.
View attachment 614799

This will generate very large log files dump every single UDP message from ACC. The issue is that I'm expecting messages on a given connection and the messages are reporting they are from a different connection. The log should help me see if this is a bug with my code (overwriting the connection ID), or if ACC is reporting the wrong connection ID, but on the expected connection, or if ACC is still pumping out messages on the wrong connection.

Now, run through your normal scenario. It looks like you can reproducee though offline practices. Can you run the following

• Offline practice with other cars. Doesn't have to be long (5 minutes should be enough)
  • Now go to a new session (or restart the session) and do another 5 minutes. Look in the log
  • View attachment 614801
  • If you see the above message pattern (ie Ignoring XXX update XXX for connection XXX) then the issue has happened
  • Go to your ARC Folder (it's quickest just to click the button below)
  • View attachment 614802
  • Look for BroadcastDump.txt and possibly also BroadcastDump1.txt. These could be big (max 100MB each) and get them to me in some form
    • They might be too big to post here so maybe upload to dropbox/googledrive and message me the location
  • Depending on what I find will hopefully give me options for addressing this issue
Thanks for your patience
Hi Doug, i've already updated to 1.16.14 version.
Replication of the issue is really easy.
Single player, weekend, after practice ARC crashes. between practice and quali.

Here's the file you asked.

I really hope for a fix. I'm starting to thinking that's in my side and I don't know what I can do.. Today I was playing acc in a friend's workstation, and ARC worked flawlessly. :/

Where is the damage widget supposed to be appearing on screen? It doesn't seem to appear for me for some reason. The others work (corner names, leaderboard), but I can't seem to find or figure out the damage widget.

Also, is there any way to create a widget that tells current track temp and speed/condition? Like "27c ambient, 30c track, optimum".

Thanks so much for this super helpful app!

Where is the damage widget supposed to be appearing on screen? It doesn't seem to appear for me for some reason. The others work (corner names, leaderboard), but I can't seem to find or figure out the damage widget.

Also, is there any way to create a widget that tells current track temp and speed/condition? Like "27c ambient, 30c track, optimum".

Thanks so much for this super helpful app!
You've managed to find a stupid bug. The first time you use the damage widget none of the rows are selected (so it is invisible) and the only way of turning them on is by right clicking on a row....which isn't there :redface:.

I'll get this fixed, but if you can't wait, here is a quick workaround. Go the the ARC Folder (the location is listed on the settings page) and edit ARCResultsSettings.json (back this up first just in case).

Find the damageWidget section

JSON:
    "damageWidget": {
      "DamageWidgetShowBodyTotal": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowBodyDetail": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowSuspensionTotal": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowSuspensionDetail": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowContacts": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowAccidents": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowIncidentPoints": false
    },

Change at least one setting to true, then save the file and restart ARC

The go to the settings page and click the Appearance button. The Damage Widget should be in the top left corner of the screen. Drag it to your preferred location. If you wish to change the rows displayed, right click the widget.

zKvOE91.gif

Note the widget is invisible in game until one of the selected rows (eg contacts) has a value > 0.

BTW...I've add a weather widget to the list of things to do

Last edited:
You've managed to find a stupid bug. The first time you use the damage widget none of the rows are selected (so it is invisible) and the only way of turning them on is by right clicking on a row....which isn't there :redface:.

I'll get this fixed, but if you can't wait, here is a quick workaround. Go the the ARC Folder (the location is listed on the settings page) and edit ARCResultsSettings.json (back this up first just in case).

Find the damageWidget section

JSON:
    "damageWidget": {
      "DamageWidgetShowBodyTotal": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowBodyDetail": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowSuspensionTotal": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowSuspensionDetail": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowContacts": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowAccidents": false,
      "DamageWidgetShowIncidentPoints": false
    },

Change at least one setting to true, then save the file and restart ARC

The go to the settings page and click the Appearance button. The Damage Widget should be in the top left corner of the screen. Drag it to your preferred location. If you wish to change the rows displayed, right click the widget.

zKvOE91.gif

Note the widget is invisible in game until one of the selected rows (eg contacts) has a value > 0.

BTW...I've add a weather widget to the list of things to do
Awesome! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Hi Doug! We love the app on my community. Something that seems supported but we cannot get to work is to show the fuel on the laps, mostly on the leaderboards on practice sessions. Not sure if there's any trick to it?

Thank you for you great support

Untitled.jpg

Hi Doug! We love the app on my community. Something that seems supported but we cannot get to work is to show the fuel on the laps, mostly on the leaderboards on practice sessions. Not sure if there's any trick to it?

Thank you for you great support

View attachment 615742
Hi,
It depends! Fuel is automatically recorded just for user in all sessions except hotlaps
  • Fuel information isn't made available by ACC for other players in MP
  • Fuel information is available for AI cars in Race in SP as long as you finish the session
  • There's no fuel consumption in hotlaps
  • For spectator sessions, there's no fuel information for anyone
  • For sessions imported from server files, there's no information for anyone
For the global leaderboards, the records are taken from each player's perspective, so generally speaking there should be fuel information.

Does that answer your question or are you saying your own fuel isn't recorded?

Last edited:
Hi,
It depends! Fuel is automatically recorded just for user in all sessions except hotlaps
  • Fuel information isn't made available by ACC for other players in MP
  • Fuel information is available for AI cars in Race in SP as long as you finish the session
  • There's no fuel consumption in hotlaps
  • For spectator sessions, there's no fuel information for anyone
  • For sessions imported from server files, there's no information for anyone
For the global leaderboards, the records are taken from each player's perspective, so generally speaking there should be fuel information.

Does that answer your question or are you saying your own fuel isn't recorded?
Totally. We use the app in the server only, never tried SP. Such a pity that fuel isn't recorded in MP though! thanks a lot Doug, keep it up!

Hey ! Thanks a lot, been using it for over two years, and am always thrilled to see such regular updates.
Is this on my end, a bug, or a feature, that I can't see the leaderboard for Watkins Glen ?

DZQYlHAykE4SrOSkGkuJ-E5LgQxtAgQnSqnPP6TdDh0

Here it is
I've just spotted something that I tested ages ago, but never made the default.

In settings, click "TEST Developer mode" then select "Dispose broadcast VMs". This should make old connections are properly closed.

1668157481019.png

I've also got to try out some things at the weekend, but it would be good to see if this improves things for you

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

• Yearly

• Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events