ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Single Player > Quick Race

I renamed the .DB extension to .txt to allow it to upload to RD

The ...5CCF.json is the one not working, I included the ...165d.json which was a Single Player > Practice from 12 minutes before in the same car and on the same track that works.

...5CCF only has Unknown Car

I have also attached ...24DB.json from a while back which is Unknown Car & Track which was SP > Race

Hi Günthar,
Can you also go into the folder C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\ACCResults\Backup\Config - there should be associated seasonEntity files for the above results (the car/track and unique id should match the results).

I'll have a look at these over the weekend
Doug

here you go mate

Attachments

• seasonEntity.Porsche 991 II GT3 R_nurburgring_Race.D229F2443F0609A4D398568099905CCF.json
    252.4 KB · Views: 89
  • seasonEntity.Porsche 991 II GT3 R_nurburgring_Practice_5645c77e-30af-4596-9988-8f4ed163165d.json
    824 bytes · Views: 91
  • seasonEntity.McLaren 720S GT3_UNKNOWN_Race.D0C152B6865C044C29C3FC275A0724DB.json
    4 KB · Views: 94
here you go mate

Hi Günthar,
I see the problem. It is a known issue with the Store laps for all cars setting. When off, it loses which car is the player car in SP races, qualifying etc. This is fixed in the next version which will be released in the near future.

To fix the sessions, do the following:-

Go to the sessions page and turn on Store laps for all cars.
1579936184110.png

Now go to the sessions page. Here I've sorted by car to get the records with unknown cars (click the Car column header). Now display the Session ID by right clicking the column header and selecting Session ID (click anywhere to close the dropdown).

1579934087256.png

You can drag the columns around to reposition them

1579934107615.png

Now you want to look for the backups for all the bad sessions (a combination of track, car, session type and session id should help you). Go to the backups tab:-

Select the matching backup and click Replay. It will then reload that session. Go back to the Session tab, and you should see the sessions fixed

1579934735082.png

The Mclaren session is a bit more interesting as the track is also lost. I get the information for the player and the track from the seasonEntity file. However for the Mclaren race, all that information is missing. I'm guessing you saved and reloaded the race - I've seen ACC mess with the seasonEntity file in this way before. Replay this backup in the same way to load all the cars.

1579935466780.png

Now all the cars are loaded and you can see your car (race number 46)

I'm guessing from the laps times, this is either Zandvoort or Misano - lets assume it is Zandvoort . Now right click the session and choose Fix Session

Select Zandvoort (or which track it was) and your race number in the drop downs and press OK
1579935744854.png

All sessions will disappear (this is fine - there is just a hidden filter). Press Clear and you will get the session properly displayed (note you can toggle between your car and all cars via the Player Car/All Cars button)

1579935897343.png

Sorry for the issue and the convoluted instuctions. Like I said, the next release fixes the main issue (although once you have Store laps for all cars setting on, it will remember it and you shouldn't see that issue again). However, as for the incomplete seasonEntity file when you resume a saved race, that is just one of the quirks of ACC (I can't remember if it happens every time or just now and again)

EDIT: Just testing if I can use a workaround for the above (incomplete season file) by getting the info from shared memory - need to ensure there isn't a timing conflict

Happy racing
Doug

Attachments

• 1579933738937.png
    1579933738937.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 1579935505841.png
    1579935505841.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Wow, thanks very much!
I’m not too worried about the lost laps as I don’t have my new wheel yet so they are not much to go on moving forward
I was mostly posting so you knew about it, which you did, and would help with future releases.
Thanks very much. I’ll set all cars on now and look forward to the next release!

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.1.0

V1.1.0

• Server leaderboard
  • Session final standings
  • Session fuel calculation
  • Differentiate between 2018/2019 tracks (allows manual fix)
    • Server files loaded appropriately
  • Startup splash screen
  • Placeholders for ICGT tracks
  • Remove "Store all cars" option
  • Bug fix ; Prevent Assetto Corsa sessions from being picked up and clean circuit/car lists
  • Bug fix ; Possibility of deadlock causing hang when new/unknown car added

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V1.1.0 now available

Lots in this new release - a few user requests and trying out some things:-

Fuel load calculation

1580586667296.png

Now included is a fuel calculated based on your usage. Default stats are provided but take these with a pinch of salt. I ran fuel figures for all cars on Barcelone and the AMR V8 on all tracks and extrapolated from there. Some look to be close and some are hilariously wide of the mark. However, if data is available from your sessions, these are used in preference. The more laps/sessions data to go on, the more accurate they will be

There are two modes available
  • Session recommendation
    • When a new session starts, the car, track, duration and driver stint are looked at, and a recommendation supplied for the minimum amount of fuel to use
      • Aggressive
        • Designed to just get you over the line. There is a risk, however, that you may not quite make it, so be prepared for fuel saving
      • Conservative
        • As above, but adds an extra lap of fuel
      • Ultra conservative
        • Two laps of fuel on top of the aggressive mode
      • To Pitstop
        • Calculates to have fuel to get you right until the end of the pit stop window. Note however, I am slightly suspicious of the driver stint times given for races an hour and under (is the stint time really 15 mins for 1 hour race - shouldn't it be 35 mins?)
  • Manual calculation
    • Allows you to pick a car/track and session duration and calculate the fuel outside of a session
Note about the supplied defaults:
If you don't yet have fuel data for a car track combination, it will use the supplied defaults. Don't rely too much on these until you start to build up your own data. If you see
  • Based on laps = 1
  • "The fuel statistics for the track are not available so have been derived from the car defaults"
Then these are default and could be wildly wrong.

Wet sessions/Different ECU modes
After much deliberation, I decided not to attempt to track fuel consumption for wet sessions or different ECU modes and both these can change during a race. Your normal driving style, with your default ECU mode should give a good predication for future races. Note wet sessions (especially where very vet), will give a much lower fuel consumption.

Session Final Standings
1580588305218.png

On the sessions page, in addition to selecting Player Car or All Cars, you can now also select Final Standings. This gives the finishing order, total laps completed, and gap to leader (or laps deficit). At the moment, this is only available for single player races or server results (I don't yet have a way of getting the full field information for multiplayer)

Server Leaderboards

1580588916342.png

Shows the leaderboard for server results, or an import from another source (more on that later). Gives the delta (Delta LR) to the current leader. Uses whichever colour scheme you've selected (here, it is using the heatmap).

Thanks to flyelfrick and Hungarian GT Masters for the data allowing me to test this.

Export laps to CSV
1580589288870.png

Right click in the laps area, and it will export to CSV. This is quite crude at the moment and may be finessed later.

Support 2018/2019 tracks
1580589469176.png

Apart from server results, which the interfaces I use, ACC doesn't differentiate between 2018 and 2019 tracks. However, someone requested to be allow to classify sessions manually, so here we have it. By default, for tracks that change, the session gets added to the 2018 track. If you want to classify it correctly, right click on the session in question and Fix session. You can then change the track as desired.
1580589729881.png

Note, the undated tracks (eg "Barcelona", "Silverstone" etc) and now parents to the 2018/2019 tracks. If you select these in any of the pages, it will show you results from both 2018/2019 tracks. If you don't want to change anything, then using these parent tracks will keep the behaviour as before this patch.

Some other minor items
  • Placeholders for the ICGT tracks have been added. I've made an educated guess for how these will be coded in the APIs, and included race records from last year. I'll put out a minor patch after the ICGT DLC is released (on Tuesday??) to update graphics for the tracks
  • A splash screen is now displayed on start up, just to let you know something is actually happening
  • Worked around an issue if you save a game and return to it later (in SP). ACC didn't output all the data to the files so you would have seen UNKNOWN track and car - should be sorted now.
  • A few other bug fixes
If you fancy it, click the donate button on the app.

Quick update out now. Main headlines are the Bathurst track code is fixed (I guessed all the others correctly, but not this one), an optional date filter on the leaderboards screen and a reference to the ECU modes on the fuel screen, as I could never remember which mode to use for fuel saving, and where to find the reference.

1580938427389.png

The description for the usage, power and fuel consumptions etc are paraphrased from Aris' post. It would be nice to quantify "Slower"/"Lower" consumption but without figures, I guess that would mean running a lot of test laps in all modes.

From my highly unscientific test (couple of laps in each mode) all I can say is the modes made a fair difference in the AMG (7% slower and 22% fuel saving) but all of the modes on the McLaren 720 appeared close to each other (even the slow, high fuel cooling mode). Would need a lot more laps running to get meaning data, unless someone already has some figures

Doug

Last edited:
bonjour et merci pour cette super appli.
par contre ce serait bien pour une utilisation serveur que l'on puisse y accéder en http.c Cela permettrait aux pilotes de consulter leur tour et leur temps.
que les meilleurs moments soient donnés aussi.
un peu de ce que fait Stracker sur assetto corsa
merci

bonjour et merci pour cette super appli.
par contre ce serait bien pour une utilisation serveur que l'on puisse y accéder en http.c Cela permettrait aux pilotes de consulter leur tour et leur temps.
que les meilleurs moments soient donnés aussi.
un peu de ce que fait Stracker sur assetto corsa
merci

Hi,
Apologies - my French is not too good, so I'll respond in English.

I've got some other plans for the app that will keep me busy for a while, so I don't intend to develop an http interface in the short term. Maybe some day though...
Doug

[QUOTE = "Doug Duthie, message: 3113440, membre: 372795"]
Salut,
Toutes mes excuses - mon français n'est pas trop bon, je vais donc répondre en anglais.

J'ai d'autres plans pour l'application qui m'occuperont pendant un certain temps, donc je n'ai pas l'intention de développer une interface http à court terme. Mais peut-être un jour ...
Doug
[/CITATION]
and my english is very bad.
thank you
no worries about the http

Hi, first off i want to thank you for this app. I think it is amazing you are able to do this. And it certainly helps me with some insight to my driving. I am using 1.3.2 now and i noticed it registers my sessions double, or so it seems. I have for each session a different time, but the exact same results per 2 sessions (don't mind the laptimes, not my best... ;) )
1581281283248.png

Hi, first off i want to thank you for this app. I think it is amazing you are able to do this. And it certainly helps me with some insight to my driving. I am using 1.3.2 now and i noticed it registers my sessions double, or so it seems. I have for each session a different time, but the exact same results per 2 sessions (don't mind the laptimes, not my best... ;) )
View attachment 348468

yep, got the same issue but only when playing career mode. Was it during career mode also Sandokhanul ?

View attachment 348468

Hi Sandokhanul,
I've just gone back through my sessions and I think I may have seen the same thing (a bit difficult to tell as I tend to replay races for testing). What I've noticed is the sessions are subtly different (it is particularly noticeable if you select All Cars checkbox and look at the last lap - times and penalties appear to be updated

1581375141880.png

1581375159298.png

The two sessions above only differ from Nick Foster (player car) from 5th lap onwards (of 7). I think what is happening is that ACC writes the file then adjusts the numbers and writes again (I see a number of events for this in the log). ACC Results Companion decides it isn't a duplicate as the files are different (I only check a hash on the file) so processes it again.

I think it must be timing dependent, which is why I see it rarely (actually, I see events saying it was trying to process a new file, but something subsequently locked it for writing) but you appear to see it more often (maybe you have a faster PC than me). What is weird is that all the timings change for every lap (if you look at the file), sometimes just by a few ms. Not only that, the files appear to have been updated 20+ minutes apart.

I think what I need to do is add a check when I detect a new file to wait for ACC to stop updating it before I process it. I'm not convinced that will do it, if they are indeed written 20 mins apart.

The trouble is that there is no unique identifier on ACC's result files, so I have to make an educated guess when a session is new.

I'll try some things out on my side.

Not ideal, but you can delete a duplicate session by right clicking the duplicate and selecting Delete session

EDIT:
While I remember, did you Save and Resume this session in ACC? I can tell that was the situation for my session (I was doing testing around this area) as the ACC seasonEntity file is incomplete (missing leaderboard and track information)

EDIT 2: Sorry - the above is complete rubbish. I just remembered I was doing a lot of testing using one save save and re-running the last two laps over and over again
Regards,
Doug

Last edited:
Hi Sandokhanul,
I've just gone back through my sessions and I think I may have seen the same thing (a bit difficult to tell as I tend to replay races for testing). What I've noticed is the sessions are subtly different (it is particularly noticeable if you select All Cars checkbox and look at the last lap - times and penalties appear to be updated

View attachment 348688
View attachment 348689
The two sessions above only differ from Nick Foster (player car) from 5th lap onwards (of 7). I think what is happening is that ACC writes the file then adjusts the numbers and writes again (I see a number of events for this in the log). ACC Results Companion decides it isn't a duplicate as the files are different (I only check a hash on the file) so processes it again.

I think it must be timing dependent, which is why I see it rarely (actually, I see events saying it was trying to process a new file, but something subsequently locked it for writing) but you appear to see it more often (maybe you have a faster PC than me). What is weird is that all the timings change for every lap (if you look at the file), sometimes just by a few ms. Not only that, the files appear to have been updated 20+ minutes apart.

I think what I need to do is add a check when I detect a new file to wait for ACC to stop updating it before I process it. I'm not convinced that will do it, if they are indeed written 20 mins apart.

The trouble is that there is no unique identifier on ACC's result files, so I have to make an educated guess when a session is new.

I'll try some things out on my side.

Not ideal, but you can delete a duplicate session by right clicking the duplicate and selecting Delete session

EDIT:
While I remember, did you Save and Resume this session in ACC? I can tell that was the situation for my session (I was doing testing around this area) as the ACC seasonEntity file is incomplete (missing leaderboard and track information)

EDIT 2: Sorry - the above is complete rubbish. I just remembered I was doing a lot of testing using one save save and re-running the last two laps over and over again
Regards,
Doug

I just remembered that I did restarts within the same session. So finish the race and then do a restart from the top menu. Maybe that will help ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back