ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't understand how it works, it must be running before starting a race, or then loading the log files.

For single player Hotstints, superpoles, races and race weekends (practice/quali/race), it monitors the ACC results folder. When a new results file is created (right at the end of the session, around the point ACC says "Press ESC to end session" or some such), this is read, along with the ACC Config\seasonEntity.json file which gives a bit more info.

For Hotlaps, Practice and online sessions, ACC doesn't generate the result files, so instead ARC monitors the ACC Shared Memory. When certain things change (eg track, car, session type or laps decrease), it deduces it must be a new session, so writes out any pending sessions, and reads in Config\seasonEntity.json to get some important info about the session etc. Note, a quirk of the ACC Shared Memory is that it doesn't notify when a session ends, so ARC only realises this once a new session is started, and at that point writes out the old session (although there is a save button on the status bar if you can't bear the wait)

Note, ACC doesn't publish any historical data of sessions - it only supplies data as of now, so ARC needs to be running all the time ACC is, in order to farm the required data

Hope that answers any questions you have
Doug

Last edited:
Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion - V0.5.0 (Full support for 2019 DLC)

V0.5.0
  • Added in new cars for 2019 DLC with images etc
  • Added Zandvoort track image
  • Update car codes from shared memory (Kunos change all these in the update)
  • Fixed occasional threading issue when processing a results file
  • Updated some older car images
  • Upgrade process should attempt to recognise new cars in previous sessions and update these in the stats

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for continuing to develop your programme but I'm not sure about a couple of things.
It always shows me finishing one position higher in the race than my actual finishing position and I've noticed that if I go straight to race in SP Custom race mode it shows my car as unknown car and doesn't produce any lap information.

Thanks for continuing to develop your programme but I'm not sure about a couple of things.
It always shows me finishing one position higher in the race than my actual finishing position and I've noticed that if I go straight to race in SP Custom race mode it shows my car as unknown car and doesn't produce any lap information.

Hi Neville,
  • For the race with wrong positions, was this an SP or MP race? Both are calculated differently
    • For single player races, there is no position in the file. It is calculated from the order the lap times are output. Entirely possible I've got this wrong or made some incorrect assumptions
    • For MP, I completely rely on the shared memory info.
  • I must admit, I've never tested with a Custom SP race. It sounds like it tags the player car differently (normally, the player ID is the only non-zero one). I'll see if I have time at the weekend
    • The lap information is probably stored in the database, but it doesn't know which car to look for. I'm hoping once I can figure out what is going on, I can get it to fix up your old sessions

What might be quicker, is if you send me the backup files for both races..

Go to the backup tab and identify the backups for the race's in question..For the Custom SP, the car might appear as unknown or completely wrong. Note the file name (and time)

IlbRIO6.png

Go to the settings tab. Click on the folder button for the ARC Folder

S97FyLu.png

Now go to the .\Backup\Config folder and file the file with the given name and copy it somewhere safe.

Tr8CIz4.png

Next go to the .\Backup\Results folder and find the matching result file (same name as the config file but Race replacing seasonEntity)
riasEGE.png

It you send those to me, I can have a look what is going on. Also, can you indicate which car you used (model and race number) and the actual position you finished in.
Cheers,
Doug

Last edited:
Hi Doug,
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately I deleted the "unknown car" races but all my races are SP and the program functions correctly if I qualify [except for placing me one position ahead of where I actually finished].

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately I deleted the "unknown car" races but all my races are SP and the program functions correctly if I qualify [except for placing me one position ahead of where I actually finished].

Hi Neville,
The backup files should still exist. Look for the approximate time the race started finished and the naming of the files should help to narrow it down (ie will have the track name and "Race" in the name).

When you say your position is one ahead, is this incorrect in the session list (top list view) or lap list (bottom list view) or both. Also (assuming you have Store laps for all cars checked in the settings tab), if you click the All Cars button on the sessions page (note it takes a few seconds to update on big races), is the lap order incorrect (especially the last lap)?

Ah...scrub that...I see what you mean. It is wrong in the session overview but the final lap position is correct. Looks like sometimes it is complete rubbish (not just one out :(). Definitely needs looking at.

I'll run some custom SP races at the weekend to see if I can reproduce the unknown car issue.
Doug

Hi when I try to do manual entry this error messeage opens right after i try to change number in lap time or sector time and same message when i try to add
app is amazing good job :)

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 165
  • full_error_message.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 153
Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V0.5.1

V0.5.1

• BUG: Race positions is session overview always one higher than finishing position
  • BUG: Fatal error when ACC folder not found (Look in My Documents first and better error handling added)
  • BUG: Errors when handling manual input times cause application to terminate
    • Better error handling
    • Prevent times being added when no car/track/session added

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Neville Roberts - I've fixed the position in the session overview in 0.5.1. I can't reproduce the issue with unrecognised car in Custom Races though. If you get it again, send me the the following from C:\Users\<your user name>\ACCResults:-
  • ACCResults.DB
  • ACCResults.log
  • .\Backup\Config\<the backup file for the race>.json
  • .\Backup\Results\<the backup file for the race>.json
@Ľubomír Zeman - I've added better error handling in the manual time input, so it shouldn't shut down the app. However, I couldn't reproduce your issue. It should only accept numbers and ignore other keys. Can you tell more what you are inputting (each key press) so I can reproduce and guard against this situation

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,
My documents folder is not on the default C drive could this be the problem? Oops scratch that I had one of those senior moments.
Just ran a race at Zandvoort and it had the right finishing position on the first screen. Thanks.

Last edited:
@Neville Roberts - I've fixed the position in the session overview in 0.5.1. I can't reproduce the issue with unrecognised car in Custom Races though. If you get it again, send me the the following from C:\Users\<your user name>\ACCResults:-
  • ACCResults.DB
  • ACCResults.log
  • .\Backup\Config\<the backup file for the race>.json
  • .\Backup\Results\<the backup file for the race>.json
@Ľubomír Zeman - I've added better error handling in the manual time input, so it shouldn't shut down the app. However, I couldn't reproduce your issue. It should only accept numbers and ignore other keys. Can you tell more what you are inputting (each key press) so I can reproduce and guard against this situation

Thanks,
Doug
Hi
Thx for you effort
I am just typing numbers like in the picture. On numpad to be precise.

Attachments

• error1.PNG
    error1.PNG
    70.6 KB · Views: 133

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back