ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.2302

Login or Register an account to download this content
ACC Results Companion V0.6.0 Instructions

V0.6.0 now supports Server results files and can operate in a number of modes for this
  • On client PC with local ACC and local server
  • On client PC with local ACC and folder to store received server results files
  • On server PC (no ACC client install)
  • On PC with no ACC (client or server) but with only folder where server results files can be placed
Server Install/No local ACC client
ServerOnlySetting.PNG

• No ACC folder found...will be highlighted in red so no client sessions will be picked up
  • Enter the location of the ACC Results folder. This can either be a direct link to the server results location or a folder where the results are copied to
  • Note, in the status bar at the bottom, it will indicate that client sessions will not be monitored

On a server, there is no player car, so results for all cars will be shown. Note forsessions with a large field/high number of laps, the lap details may take a few seconds to refresh
ServerOnlySessionAllCars.PNG

You can focus on an individual player by double clicking on this row.
ServerOnlyFocusPlayer1.PNG

You will then just see his/her laps

ServerOnlyFocusPlayer2.PNG

You can go back to the full view by clicking All Cars button.

Note the new column for penalties (the skull column) for multiplayer server sessions only.
  • Red means new penalty received
  • Yellow is penalty/penalties outstanding
  • Green is all penalties served on this lap
Note, a player may have multiple concurrent penalties. To view the details, right click and select Display Penalties

ServerOnlyDisplayPenalties.PNG

Now all the penalties against that player will be shown

ServerOnlyPenalties.PNG

By default, track records will not be shown in server only mode (as there is no player car).
ServerOnlyTrackPlayerCar.PNG

If you wish to see the fastest lap across all players, check the Fastest across all cars checkbox.
ServerOnlyTrackAllCars.PNG

As usual, if you want to view the detail of the session for a given record, just double click the row.

Client Mode
Create a new folder for server results. Copy any server results there. They will either be processed when ARC is started, or if ARC is running, it will detect any new files.

If a server file does not have the player in its lineup (by looking for your player name from the ACC setup), it just shows the full lineup

ClientServerSessionNoPlayer.PNG

If your player is in the field, this car will be focussed
ClientServerSessionPlayer.PNG

Note, you can still view the full field by clicking the All Cars button.

You can filter on server sessions only as follows:-

MPSelection.PNG

Enjoy

Hey, thanks for making this app, it's very helpful! I was looking through my times and I think there may be something going on with the recording of laps. I believe in the picture below my accurate laps are 1,2,3,4,6,8,9,11 and 13. I mostly looked at the fuel usage between laps where it doesn't make sense and then assumed that the time that's not the exact same was the correct one (as much as I wish I were that consistent..). This has happened with a bunch of my race entries

Any idea what is happening? Apologies if this was already answered but I didn't see it.

cheers
Annotation 2019-12-06 193204.png

Hey, thanks for making this app, it's very helpful! I was looking through my times and I think there may be something going on with the recording of laps. I believe in the picture below my accurate laps are 1,2,3,4,6,8,9,11 and 13. I mostly looked at the fuel usage between laps where it doesn't make sense and then assumed that the time that's not the exact same was the correct one (as much as I wish I were that consistent..). This has happened with a bunch of my race entries

Any idea what is happening? Apologies if this was already answered but I didn't see it.

cheers
View attachment 337862
Hi Brian,
I think I've an idea what is happening here and I'm going to have to do a lost more testing to find an acceptable solution. I've seen it occasionally but nowhere near as frequently as this.

The reason behind it is that online results are taken from the ACC shared memory interface, which is a bit of a dark art. There are fields to indicate the current lap, sector and time etc, but the way these get updated are a bit inconsistent, so I have to use a bit of fuzzy logic to determine values. I think it is particularly an issue when starting a new lap. Sector 3 time isn't always available so I infer it from the lap time subtracting sector 1/2. I think there must also be a delay between some of the values being updated (ie I get the information for a new lap, but some values are still as of the old lap).

I'll revisit the logic here to see if I can make it more robust
Doug

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.0.0

• Performance boost for large field size in laps list
  • Optional heatmap display for circuit records
  • Filter for personal bests in sessions
  • Improved log window
  • Diagnostic mode for shared memory sessions
  • New icon
  • Remove championships
  • Bug fix: Address crash switching between server and non-server sessions
  • Bug fix: Circuit records properly updates colours now
  • Bug fix: Remove ghost laps on online sessions (session change not correctly recognised)
  • Bug fix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've just posted a new version (V1.0.0), and to celebrate it coming out of beta, it gets a shiny new icon.

Headline main features are
  • Performance boost when displaying sessions with a large field/large number of laps (no longer takes seconds to refresh)
  • Fixed duplicate laps appearing
  • Optional heatmap colour scheme to display circuit records
1578246945820.png

1578246975084.png

As the instructions are a bit too lengthy, there's a video to explain all the options:

If you enjoy ACC Results Companion and find it useful and would like to show your appreciation, you can provide a small donation via the PayPal Donate button on the main screen.

1578247741044.png

Last edited:
i have only the ACC dedicated server installed on a PC, without the full game
it's possibile to use this app? and how? thanks

Hi GaetanoT,
Yes, indeed it is possible. Install the app and start it up, then go to the settings page.

1578343499534.png

The ACC Data Folder will be in red as you don't have ACC locally.

Click the button highlighted in green to select where your ACC Server Results are written.
1578343586588.png

1578343603176.png

If you go to the log tab, you'll see any files being picked up
1578343652448.png

...and then you should see all the sessions on the main tab

1578343710782.png

Regards,
Doug

Attachments

• 1578343272734.png
    1578343272734.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 162
Hi, I can't get the data to show all cars, I have ticked the box in settings. All I get is my times.

I assume you're talking about multi-player races. I currently use the ACC Shared Memory Interface for online and that only gives information about the player car. Single player and server side results both use the results files which have the full field information so at the moment they are the only sessions recording the other cars.

I'm currently looking into the ACC broadcast API to see if I can use that to get information about the other cars
Doug

Ok thanks, thought I was doing something wrong. On a side note would it be possible to add in the amount of wins, podiums and poles per track and car in muliplayer?
Thanks again :thumbsup:

In the ACC RC app on the Backups tab it does have the car and track showing...

OK - can you send me the log, the backup files in question and the database if possible (ACCResults.DB). All found under C:\Users\<you user name>\Documents\ACCResults

...and while I remember, what sort of session was it (race, hot lap etc and single or multiplayer)? Also did you restart from a saved game?

Basically, the issue in this case is generally that the player car can’t be identified for some reason. This can be fixed up via the UI, although it would be interesting to see the database and backup files first
Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:
Single Player > Quick Race

I renamed the .DB extension to .txt to allow it to upload to RD

The ...5CCF.json is the one not working, I included the ...165d.json which was a Single Player > Practice from 12 minutes before in the same car and on the same track that works.

...5CCF only has Unknown Car

I have also attached ...24DB.json from a while back which is Unknown Car & Track which was SP > Race

Attachments

• ACCResults.txt
    472 KB · Views: 175
  • Race.Porsche 991 II GT3 R_nurburgring_Race.D229F2443F0609A4D398568099905CCF.json
    242.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Practice.Porsche 991 II GT3 R_nurburgring_Practice_5645c77e-30af-4596-9988-8f4ed163165d.json
    2 KB · Views: 154
  • Race_2.McLaren 720S GT3_UNKNOWN_Race.D0C152B6865C044C29C3FC275A0724DB.json
    184.5 KB · Views: 162

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline