Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will reach the fourth release milestone tomorrow, adding the Hungaroring circuit and the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Most sim racers probably know all about the development scheduled for Assetto Corsa Competizione by now, and many of those same people are probably more than a little keen for tomorrow to hurry up and arrive, as Wednesday 12th December 2018 marks the day that release four of this exciting new simulation is scheduled to deploy to Early Access adopters of ACC.

With anticipation and excitement building up rather nicely, Kunos have dropped another new teaser image or two of the feature piece of new content coming to the sim - the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Only a matter of hours to go now folks, and we will be able to try the car and track for ourselves (ok my rig is at the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit - but don't let that worry you.. go on and enjoy it!)..

ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 3.jpg
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Guys, i wan't to get this SIM, i run triples 1080's with a 980ti, have decent FPS with graphics all the (almost maxed out in rF2) and in AC they are maxed out and capped at 75 constant even with a full grid.

You're going to want to wait unless you're willing to play ACC on single-screen:
1) ACC does not have Multiview, so if your monitors are angled, the side monitors will appear warped.
2) At this point, triple 1080p without Multiview is 60fps on the 2080-series GPU in ACC, so at best you'll have to turn down graphic options with a 980ti.

You're going to want to wait unless you're willing to play ACC on single-screen:
1) ACC does not have Multiview, so if your monitors are angled, the side monitors will appear warped.
2) At this point, triple 1080p without Multiview is 60fps on the 2080-series GPU in ACC, so at best you'll have to turn down graphic options with a 980ti.
Emery, I have triples, so if i wont be able to run triples correctly, im not getting it :(

I don't think it has to. First sim with UE4 and far more advanced graphics. It has the price...

And for surely 3/4 of the players or future ones, it has a too high price !
New CPU means for many ... new motherboard + new rather expensive GPU and maybe more RAM .... and this costs more than 1500€.
Sorry but without some optimizations ... we'll start to beg ? .... 3/4 loss of possible players means for them the same loss.

Feels like a very solid car with the tendency to slide at the rear under braking. Doesn't feel like it excells at anything yet though, but more testing is needed to compare it to the other GT3's available.

Another good update for ACC imo, luckily I don't suffer all the problems others seem to have, for me "it just works".

And for surely 3/4 of the players or future ones, it has a too high price !
New CPU means for many ... new motherboard + new rather expensive GPU and maybe more RAM .... and this costs more than 1500€.
Sorry but without some optimizations ... we'll start to beg ? .... 3/4 loss of possible players means for them the same loss.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't have a space ship either. 1600X/1060/16GB. Still able to play everything on high, some on epic, full grid, 50+ fps.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't have a space ship either. 1600X/1060/16GB. Still able to play everything on high, some on epic, full grid, 50+ fps.

Exactly, some of the people in this thread who are going full negative either don't know what they're talking about (which they'll say they do obviously) or are so entitled they forget what they need in comparison to what they think they need.

A new mobo/cpu/ram costs 500-750 at most, anything that's more is for bragging rights and you don't need those to play ACC or any other game.

Emery, I have triples, so if i wont be able to run triples correctly, im not getting it :(
upload_2018-12-12_7-59-1.png

AC, rF2, AMS, Raceroom, pCARS 2 all have a way to calculate the correct image when using Multiview. ACC does not, so you have to position the monitors like "not Multiview" for the side monitor images to appear undistorted when using triple screens.

Multiview capability may or may not come to ACC. Kunos hasn't said no, but neither have they said yes, so it's a gamble at this point.

Edit: It's also worth remembering that Multiview will likely reduce fps by 30%.

Well, on the upside, from a (very) quick look at today's release, it seems like it's running noticeably better (unless it's placebo, which it certainly might be) and TAA does not come with as big of a hit as before, so you can make the game look not as blocky without turning it into a slideshow. So a lot of what I said before might need revising. That's certainly nice.

On the other hand, replay mode still seems to have some issues ;)

Last edited:
I buyed the full early access. I tried VR. I tried the lobby thing we have right now. So, I went back to the expensive Iracing and renew my account. Yes, ACC its an EA right now, I know. I just believe its years of development from what Iracing delivers to VR users right now. It is just a matter of time and priorities. VR obviously is not a priority to Kunos team and they have not enough time. That said, I wish developers the best and I wish things change in the future but I regret buying EA.

I'm on triples too (27" 144Hz 1ms BENQ at 5960 x 1080 with Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti), angled at 45°.
Being used to proper triple screen support in AC and other sims, ACC looks rather crappy. Alone on track I get around 83 FPS, most settings high, some on epic. With 12-14 cars, FPS is around 55-60, so on the limit of getting FFB issues with the OSW wheel.
The mirrors on epic are ridiculously bad (I have put some pictures on the r3E forum).

I bought ACC, thinking proper triple screen support was included. It is not, it may never be. If not, I supported Kunos and won't be driving ACC...cut my loss.
On the other hand it seems that KartKraft (also on UE4) is getting close to implementing triple screen support, so it is probably possible.

If you want to play on single screen, VR or ultra wide, I guess ACC will be OK. As it is now, for triples it is not OK. Your choice.

View attachment 281313
AC, rF2, AMS, Raceroom, pCARS 2 all have a way to calculate the correct image when using Multiview. ACC does not, so you have to position the monitors like "not Multiview" for the side monitor images to appear undistorted when using triple screens.

Multiview capability may or may not come to ACC. Kunos hasn't said no, but neither have they said yes, so it's a gamble at this point.

Edit: It's also worth remembering that Multiview will likely reduce fps by 30%.
I know what multiview is, me running triples, and not being able to configure it correctly there is no point :(

Still stutter festival on my computer.

Ferrari has super aggressive TC, had to turn it on 1 for it to start to feel like a car.

Tried to feel if there is any difference on normal racing line in the wet, seems like there is not, or if it is then it is not much. But I think there is no difference. Differences in puddles again, seems like now , although you start with very wet track, seems like puddles are tweaked to minimal, makes no sense, everything is wet AF and puddles still has to develop

I remember there were some weirdos discussing that Paul Riccard is worst track ever, of course it is BS, though perhaps for ACC it is as those stripes just freaks me out with the pixelated sharp and at the same time blurry graphics + stutters. Now I would be the one weirdo who will say that Hungaroring is the worst track. Thats because layout. Few sections are fine, but overall there are so many tight and super similar turns squeezed in such a small area. It is really freaking me out, there are so many tight turns one after another that I forgot what my name is. There are something like 14 turns, 5 of them are hairpins which are little different (except maybe of T3 and thats only because of elevation change), 3 120degs turns, 3 90degs "curves", one chicane, two kinks.

I'm on triples too (27" 144Hz 1ms BENQ at 5960 x 1080 with Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti), angled at 45°.
Being used to proper triple screen support in AC and other sims, ACC looks rather crappy. Alone on track I get around 83 FPS, most settings high, some on epic. With 12-14 cars, FPS is around 55-60, so on the limit of getting FFB issues with the OSW wheel.
The mirrors on epic are ridiculously bad (I have put some pictures on the r3E forum).

I bought ACC, thinking proper triple screen support was included. It is not, it may never be. If not, I supported Kunos and won't be driving ACC...cut my loss.
On the other hand it seems that KartKraft (also on UE4) is getting close to implementing triple screen support, so it is probably possible.

If you want to play on single screen, VR or ultra wide, I guess ACC will be OK. As it is now, for triples it is not OK. Your choice.
Fanapryde, thank for you unput, much apreciated, I have become quite used to racing on triples, and i'm not willing to racing on a SIM just because you can't use triples correctly.
Dissapointed that they aren't supporting it at the moment. AC even as an awesome widget to ajust it perfectly with angles for side monitors, distance to center, with of monitores and bezel size so you can get it almost perfectly.

Performance wise, you with a 1080ti are getting such impact performance with more cars racing, i cant imagine what would happen to me

A new mobo/cpu/ram costs 500-750 at most, anything that's more is for bragging rights and you don't need those to play ACC or any other game.

Just for more precision, don't you forget the GPU ? ;)
You're surely right without a decent and ready for future GPU .... and same for the mobo-CPU and ram.
Pay less and need to change a very few years ahead due to the much too fast and too expensive components .... that's finally a problem we might soon encounter.
And especially in this case .... Nvidia quickly needing a perfect competitor.. as this Nvidia is nearly now a monopole in this quality.
Same for Gsync monitors while most are .... Freesync at a decent price.

EDIT: new material of course and not second hand. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.