Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will reach the fourth release milestone tomorrow, adding the Hungaroring circuit and the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Most sim racers probably know all about the development scheduled for Assetto Corsa Competizione by now, and many of those same people are probably more than a little keen for tomorrow to hurry up and arrive, as Wednesday 12th December 2018 marks the day that release four of this exciting new simulation is scheduled to deploy to Early Access adopters of ACC.

With anticipation and excitement building up rather nicely, Kunos have dropped another new teaser image or two of the feature piece of new content coming to the sim - the wonderful Ferrari 488 GT3...

Only a matter of hours to go now folks, and we will be able to try the car and track for ourselves (ok my rig is at the shop, so I'll have to wait a bit - but don't let that worry you.. go on and enjoy it!)..

ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 3.jpg
ACC Release 4 - Ferrari 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 3 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Patch 4, zero mention of any performance improvements in any thus far.
Either Kunos are just focusing on content namely features and tweaks will come post completion.
Just forget rain for the time being.

There is probably less performance improvement to be extracted due to using a sourced engine like UE4, which already has years of work behind it. The more optimized the engine is, the harder it is to find any new massive improvement and they'd probably end up having to spend a large amount of hours to even find small benefits. Then are of course content-related things like LODs and shaders that can be tweaked regardless of engine, but that's probably the only aspect that can be tweaked significantly.

One thing I would say is either my driving has improved or this game is super easy; almost arcade in the way the cars handle?

Well thats the result of reaction to september release. I don't think anyone cares about that now. Looks like the important and trending stuff is performance. I don't think they will be able to simplify graphics. Wait. Or maybe they will.

Anyone has problem with the cockpit mirror ?
Mine is very low res, even if i don't have personally problem to run the game at about 100 fps .
Very strange, i don't remember to have observed that before.

Except that, both the car and track look just really fantastic.
It is possible to survive a slide of the car, which was so difficult in build one wiyh the hurracan !

I personally love the game and the content so far

Anyone has problem with the cockpit mirror ?
Mine is very low res, even if i don't have personally problem to run the game at about 100 fps .
Very strange, i don't remember to have observed that before.

All mirrors are like that fom the beginning. I have them on epic and they are still low res. Looks like a game from +10 years ago...

This is while standing still.
epic-L.png

Obviously the dotted line should be a full white line and while driving it looks 'a bit' like one too

epic-lcd.png

so nice...again...epic setting !! :cautious:
I can't even see the right mirror since the right front-screen post is only partly visible in triple screen view.

Last edited:
All mirrors are like that fom the beginning. I have them on epic and they are still low res. Looks like a game from +10 years ago...

epic-L.png

Obviously the dotted line should be a full white line and while driving it looks 'a bit' like one too

epic-lcd.png

I can't even see the right mirror since the right front-screen post is only partly visible in triple screen view.

Wow! That is just pathetic from Kunos. That's their optimization at work. I really don't think this game is going to get optimized much. What we are seeing right know is pretty much what we will get at the end of the road with a few tweaks here and there. I love Assetto Corsa, but this Competizione is just a massive fail. Thanks Electronics Arts.

Wow! That is just pathetic from Kunos. That's their optimization at work. I really don't think this game is going to get optimized much. What we are seeing right know is pretty much what we will get at the end of the road with a few tweaks here and there. I love Assetto Corsa, but this Competizione is just a massive fail. Thanks Electronics Arts.

Again, they used a sourced engine (UE4) for a reason, so most of the optimization has already been done. It's not like Kunos can magically "optimize" an engine that Unreal guys have worked on for a decade. Assetto Corsa doesn't have dynamic time of day, weather and uses a single light source, which means it runs with higher FPS.

Stop crying! ACC's sysreq. is not so high at all. What's wrong with you? I'm not Richie Rich either but we have to accept that time goes by and our highend PC won't run games at max. one or two years later. But hey...it was always the case since the first PC.
1600X/1060/16GB here and everything on high I get 50+ FPS.

epic-L.png

epic-lcd.png

Thanks. This is exactly what i could observe yesterday. Curiously, i can not remember having observed the same thing before.. Crazy. (that said, i always love the game)

Would you be more or less happy if they tomorrow revert back to those bugged tyres that only you liked? Such paradox. :roflmao:

Your reply is typical in a way how you push critical thinking and skepticism away, and just make it personal. I'd expect more from you considering that you are very good driver, and you know how to make car go fast. But do you think you understand tire well ? I am not saying that you don't, but what do you think yourself ?

Hardly a paradox. I would be indifferent about it. I would be happy if our "truths" would match at least slightly about some important details. But it doesn't, and you don't even care so it is sad. It also would be sad to take away something you all like, and I really wouldn't want that. No reason to fight over the toy for me. I'm interested about what is right, learning, critical thinking, education.

I am not so sure about bugged tyres. Bug is issue which cause something unexpected, not predicted. Bugs in essential parameters of tires which has great influence on dynamics of a vehicle at all times and all conditions can not be unexpected and not predicted. Even more so for a single car, single type of car, single type of tire. There is a room for skepticism.

I am not sure if only I liked that, present Kunos forums might not be accurate representation of simulation enthusiasts. At least I hope so. Otherwise it shows that critical thinking does not exist and is NOT appreciated. It can only take it one way.

epic-L.png

epic-lcd.png

This looks like when you drop a low res mirror file in rF1 to save some fps, maybe check the file structure to see if it's done the same way?

Last edited:
Your reply is typical in a way how you push critical thinking and skepticism away, and just make it personal. I'd expect more from you considering that you are very good driver, and you know how to make car go fast. But do you think you understand tire well ? I am not saying that you don't, but what do you think yourself ?

Hardly a paradox. I would be indifferent about it. I would be happy if our "truths" would match at least slightly about some important details. But it doesn't, and you don't even care so it is sad. It also would be sad to take away something you all like, and I really wouldn't want that. No reason to fight over the toy for me. I'm interested about what is right, learning, critical thinking, education.

I am not so sure about bugged tyres. Bug is issue which cause something unexpected, not predicted. Bugs in essential parameters of tires which has great influence on dynamics of a vehicle at all times and all conditions can not be unexpected and not predicted. Even more so for a single car, single type of car, single type of tire. There is a room for skepticism.

I am not sure if only I liked that, present Kunos forums might not be accurate representation of simulation enthusiasts. At least I hope so. Otherwise it shows that critical thinking does not exist and is NOT appreciated. It can only take it one way.
...and again ridiculous :cautious:

This looks like when you drop a low res mirror file in rF1 to save some fps, maybe check the file structure to see if it's done the same way?
I looks similar indeed. After a fourth update, you'd think Kunos should have done something already to improve the mirrors.
But maybe they can't, maybe it's a restriction caused by UE4, I have no clue.

Critical thinking would lead to the development that the tires you loved so much (still, for no provided scientific/logical reason) lost way too much grip with slip.

Not using critical thinking would be to say that “the first model was the best because I liked it the most.”

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back