ACC: First Preview of Paul Ricard Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Paul Ricard.jpg

Marco Massarutto has teased a first image of a soaking wet Paul Ricard circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione - demonstrating a frighteningly lifelike looking image.

Now let us all be honest here, Paul Ricard in its modern configuration isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea when it comes to racing circuits of choice, the once legendary track having had something of a makeover in recent years to become instantly recognisable from the TV screen, but practically impossible to tell where one is driving when out on the circuit.

Thanks to the wonders of modern asphalt technology, the Paul Ricard High Tech Test Track is something rather unique in the racing world - but man is it difficult to pick out where those corners are!

Coming very soon as part of the Steam Early Access release programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni own Marco Massarutto couldn't help but spread some of the excitement by pushing out an early preview of the track under wet conditions - an image that really does showcase what is an incredible graphics engine in play with this already very impressive feeling racing simulation.

So there you go folks - Paul Ricard is ACC first look. Looks pretty good doesn't it? - even if the track is awful!

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited for Paul Ricard coming to ACC? Enjoying the title so far? Let us know below!

guys above, we all love simracing but we shouldn‘t be so emotional. Held your heads high and pray that ACC will turn into a play- and enjoyable GAME. At the moment I can telll u no good things cause I delete the EA from my SD :p
I'll tell ya what though...This ACC is ruining my experience with GT3 cars from other titles. The Lambo and Bentley are so convincing that I'm already finding it hard to appreciate the same cars in other sims.

I'll tell ya what though...This ACC is ruining my experience with GT3 cars from other titles. The Lambo and Bentley are so convincing that I'm already finding it hard to appreciate the same cars in other sims.
And this is THE reason why triple screen support should not be neglected and properly supported. I have really high hopes for acc. Gonna stop the ranting for now and start crossing my fingers... :D

Nope. The plan is to add 30 cars first and then they'll have a look at the possibility for more cars.
wow, didn't know that. i'd be willing to turn down the quality to allow more cars on track any day, but if it's capped there is no chance to do that. what is an endurance race with only 30 entries? bit disappointed.
iRacing (which does not have the same visual quality) allows for 60 cars on track if i'm not mistaken. i regularly participate in the iMSA series there and grids are usually around 50 players. If anything, it's less chaotic than smaller grids. Gridded in p37 you know for sure you are not going to come out p1 after the first lap, so take it slow ...

PR was a joy to drive (long or short) in it's pre-HTTT days. It's more a chore to drive now due to having to spend 20%+ of your concentration working out which set of flat painted lines to not turn into.

Still waiting for TrackIR support to be able to use ACC in anything other than "basic drive around the track alone" mode.

Worst track has to be Nemuno Žiedas, half of it wasn't repaved for more than 40 years. If those rich circuits only spared some tarmac from their huge runoff areas....

Sochi track is also worst. I'm sure there are few more worst tracks.

From my side, I could agree to some extent that COTA is maybe made to complicated (cause they tried to put every corner from other tracks they love into it) but bad, really ?
I disagree anyway... also doesn't have some memorable history (how could it have, Tilke wasn't even born in those golden F1 times:)) but to me COTA is somewhere slightly above the average in today's F1 calendar.
Paul Ricard (in today's configuration make no mistake, old was much cooler) is firmly rock bottom. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back