ACC: First Preview of Paul Ricard Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Paul Ricard.jpg

Marco Massarutto has teased a first image of a soaking wet Paul Ricard circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione - demonstrating a frighteningly lifelike looking image.

Now let us all be honest here, Paul Ricard in its modern configuration isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea when it comes to racing circuits of choice, the once legendary track having had something of a makeover in recent years to become instantly recognisable from the TV screen, but practically impossible to tell where one is driving when out on the circuit.

Thanks to the wonders of modern asphalt technology, the Paul Ricard High Tech Test Track is something rather unique in the racing world - but man is it difficult to pick out where those corners are!

Coming very soon as part of the Steam Early Access release programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni own Marco Massarutto couldn't help but spread some of the excitement by pushing out an early preview of the track under wet conditions - an image that really does showcase what is an incredible graphics engine in play with this already very impressive feeling racing simulation.

So there you go folks - Paul Ricard is ACC first look. Looks pretty good doesn't it? - even if the track is awful!

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited for Paul Ricard coming to ACC? Enjoying the title so far? Let us know below!

And who the **** are you? Trash talking the sim because of issues with controls that not everyone experiences and are issues that are to be expected in Early Access. Did you ever actually take a look at the forum you linked yourself? Then you'd know that Kunos are working on it. Clearly not the "wise guy" you make yourself out apparently.

Does your mummy know what you are doing here? Go and learn to read.

EA, best excuse for this crap at the moment. I really regret spending my bucks to this. Most controllers doesn‘t work proper and hardware challenges are out of space. IMHO Kunos is a nvidia marketing store (hope temporary). I‘m on i7 and 1060/6gb
Ask refund, buy again at full price when it's fully released. Problem solved.
("Oh, but I played more than 2 hours and it's been more than 2 weeks since purchase") Uninstall the game, don't play it until it's released.

Looking forward to the M6, I love the Bentley, Really don't get on with the Lambo. Not driven on Paul Ricard so i am looking forward to it. I think Misano is a great track but i really can't get in any kind of rhythm on the Nurb GP. I'm really liking ACC so far.

• Deleted member 241736

Ask refund, buy again at full price when it's fully released. Problem solved.
("Oh, but I played more than 2 hours and it's been more than 2 weeks since purchase") Uninstall the game, don't play it until it's released.
plz calm down. Don‘t be so excited. It‘s a game nothing else.

• Deleted member 241736

Man, I really hope you just get a Steam refund and carry on doing something else you actually like because I can't see your whining anymore, especially after I saw someone with your nickname talking **** about ACC in the California 8H chat.
--------
Epi my old friend, how are you? I miss you on youtube-chat during 8h Laguna Seca. You got a fake name? Take it easy post with clear-name - fanboys are allowed to do that. Cheers and have fun.

I am starting to hear from different corners the unpleasant news that acc will not be supported for triple screen users. Is this true?! Why?!? Can a solution be found one way or another?
A really important feature missing in such an important sim, unbelievable!! :(:mad::confused::thumbsdown::O_o:

The layout of Paul Ricard is pretty decent, with the 2 right hand corners after Mistral straight being challenging in the gold old days of F1. Not so much of course for modern F1 cars, apart the ridiculous g-forces.
What annoys me is the absence of grass, but the F1 race this year has been not that bad, getting used after a while of that blue stripes extravaganza.

I'm looking forward to giving this track another chance. I have the mod in AC in all of its configurations, but never really warmed to any of them. It's a real track that the series races on, so for that at least you HAVE to do it. Not a fan of the parking lot type of environment. It strikes me as more of an autocross course than a race track, but autocross can be fun too.

Minus the Project CARS series and KartKraft, this sim is making every other PC sim look cartoony, even AC looks cartoony compared to this. :sneaky:

I wouldn't go as far as saying "cartoony", but I agree that the 3 you named are the closest sims so far in terms of attempting to achieve photo-realism. In all fairness,all the other sims also came out at least 5 years ago (except AMS, but that's based on an almost 15 year old engine). rFactor 2 is starting to get closer though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.