ACC: First Preview of Paul Ricard Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Paul Ricard.jpg

Marco Massarutto has teased a first image of a soaking wet Paul Ricard circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione - demonstrating a frighteningly lifelike looking image.

Now let us all be honest here, Paul Ricard in its modern configuration isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea when it comes to racing circuits of choice, the once legendary track having had something of a makeover in recent years to become instantly recognisable from the TV screen, but practically impossible to tell where one is driving when out on the circuit.

Thanks to the wonders of modern asphalt technology, the Paul Ricard High Tech Test Track is something rather unique in the racing world - but man is it difficult to pick out where those corners are!

Coming very soon as part of the Steam Early Access release programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni own Marco Massarutto couldn't help but spread some of the excitement by pushing out an early preview of the track under wet conditions - an image that really does showcase what is an incredible graphics engine in play with this already very impressive feeling racing simulation.

So there you go folks - Paul Ricard is ACC first look. Looks pretty good doesn't it? - even if the track is awful!

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Excited for Paul Ricard coming to ACC? Enjoying the title so far? Let us know below!

ACC looks best in stills.

I wonder what will happen with handling in this next build.

And rather excited about Multiplayer, might be a reason to launch it. Leaderboards and multiplayer with the rating system thats what ACC is about.

Last edited:
EA, best excuse for this crap at the moment. I really regret spending my bucks to this. Most controllers doesn‘t work proper and hardware challenges are out of space. IMHO Kunos is a nvidia marketing store (hope temporary). I‘m on i7 and 1060/6gb

Why in the world would you even consider buying ACC when you have done nothing but slam AC for the past few years saying how bad it is...

You even got to the point about 2 yrs ago where you came up with this crazy conspiracy that Microsoft and Turn 10 bought AC and that Kunos was the spawn of the devil for selling AC. Yeah... I remember those unsolicited PM's you sent me on here...

How does that idiom go about a fool soon being parted with his money? Sounds like you played yourself by buying something that you hate, on top of ACC being far from a finished product. :rolleyes:

I wonder what will happen with handling in this next build.

The farther we get from 0.1, the less you will like it obviously :D

• Deleted member 241736

Why in the world would you even consider buying ACC when you have done nothing but slam AC for the past few years saying how bad it is...

You even got to the point about 2 yrs ago where you came up with this crazy conspiracy that Microsoft and Turn 10 bought AC and that Kunos was the spawn of the devil for selling AC. Yeah... I remember those unsolicited PM's you sent me on here...

How does that idiom go about a fool soon being parted with his money? Sounds like you played yourself by buying something that you hate, on top of ACC being far from a finished product.
oh, wrong adress I don‘t know you. Also I don‘t like dog(g) but children.

One of the most technical tracks out there, lots of places to pass and areas where mistakes are punished. I do like the tarmac off racing line since it reduces the chance of physical dmaged. Very enjoyable to race on, will be extra fun to do long distance races on it.

Wish we also got the Z4 gt3, I think it would have been amazing in acc especially the sound. Hopefully M6 won't be too terrible.

The Paul Richard track is definitly not one of my favorites, but I take it as a part of the blanc pain story.

But I am really suprised by the statement "already very impressive feeling racing simulation". The current implementation of controls is nothing less than a joke. Take a deep dive in the corresponding support forum. A lot of users complain about twitchy steering and the missing of basic control setup parameters. That is far away from being impressive. That is poor.

Cheers
In case you have missed it (and you should check back some of the dev posts and interviews if you have) ACC is a fresh start almost from the ground up for Kunos with a new approach to almost every part of the sim compared to AC - which is why it's in Early Access again. If you don't know what Early Access is I can't help you. Check Steam's support website before buying...

EA, best excuse for this crap at the moment. I really regret spending my bucks to this. Most controllers doesn‘t work proper and hardware challenges are out of space. IMHO Kunos is a nvidia marketing store (hope temporary). I‘m on i7 and 1060/6gb
Man, I really hope you just get a Steam refund and carry on doing something else you actually like because I can't see your whining anymore, especially after I saw someone with your nickname talking **** about ACC in the California 8H chat.
--------
Personally I find it really, really low complaining and trash-talking a game in Early Access like this ("nothing less than a joke", "this crap", "Kunos is a nvidia marketing store") when you know full well what Early Access is and that it's not a released game. The devs clearly laid out a roadmap to release. If someone bought it in Early Access intending to play before release then I would expect them to help reporting bugs and wait with judgement until release.

Last edited:
In case you have missed it (and you should check back some of the dev posts and interviews if you have) ACC is a fresh start almost from the ground up for Kunos with a new approach to almost every part of the sim compared to AC - which is why it's in Early Access again. If you don't know what Early Access is I can't help you. Check Steam's support website before buying....

And who are you? Did you read my post properly? Don´t think so. Apart from the Early Access status my point is the following and obvious contradiction:

Paul wrote:
"...with this already very impressive feeling racing simulation."

In fact a lot of people can not feel anything due to poor implementation of controls.
How do you solve this, you wise guy.

Cheers

P.S.
Study this: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-controls-peripherals.79/

One of the most technical tracks out there, lots of places to pass and areas where mistakes are punished. I do like the tarmac off racing line since it reduces the chance of physical dmaged. Very enjoyable to race on, will be extra fun to do long distance races on it.

Wish we also got the Z4 gt3, I think it would have been amazing in acc especially the sound. Hopefully M6 won't be too terrible.

I'm on the same page man. I used to hate this track more than I could describe (even though I was glad to get there for the WEC prologue a few years back). However when it was announced as the next French F1 Grand Prix I went bonkers. "FORMULA ONE Y U NO MAGNY COURS???"

But only morons don't change their mind right. I watched a few races and it's suuch a technical track, it seems like a real challenge to get right. Now I can't wait for its release, tons of practice ahead.

And I too miss the Z4 GT3 man...

MXVMdZa.jpg

*sigh*

And who are you? Did you read my post properly? Don´t think so. Apart from the Early Access status my point is the following and obvious contradiction:

Paul wrote:
"...with this already very impressive feeling racing simulation."

In fact a lot of people can not feel anything due to poor implementation of controls.
How do you solve this, you wise guy.

Cheers

P.S.
Study this: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-controls-peripherals.79/
And who the **** are you? Trash talking the sim because of issues with controls that not everyone experiences and are issues that are to be expected in Early Access. Did you ever actually take a look at the forum you linked yourself? Then you'd know that Kunos are working on it. Clearly not the "wise guy" you make yourself out apparently.

Edit: If "Disagree" is your response then I really can't help you. Have a reality check and correct your expectations for games in pre-release state.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years