ACC Build 3 Released: Adds Multiplayer, Paul Ricard and BMW

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build is now live!

Adding a new car in the form of the BMW M6 GT3, a new laserscanned version of the Paul Ricard circuit and a first pass at multiplayer functionality, this is indeed a big day for the team over at Kunos Simulazioni as they move into the third stage of Early Access with Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As well as the new content added to the core title, today also brings a rather significant sized change log of fixes and amendments to the game. Well worth a read to understand some of the level of commitment being undertaken by Kunos at this early stage of development for ACC, the full update notes can be seen below:

• New BMW M6 GT3
  • New Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
  • Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
  • New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
  • Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
  • Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
  • Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
  • Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
  • Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
  • Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
  • Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
  • Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
  • Fixed values on setup screen
  • Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
  • Improved start assist
  • Improved TC logic
  • TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
  • Improved pitlane limiter function.
  • Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
  • Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
  • Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
  • Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
  • Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
  • Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
  • Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
  • Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
  • Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
  • Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
  • pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
  • removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
  • Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
  • textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
  • minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
  • Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
  • New audio device selector in audio options
  • Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
  • Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
  • Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
  • Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
  • Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
  • Events poliphony optimization
  • Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
  • Minor audio fixes
  • Performance optimizations in the game thread
  • Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
  • Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
  • Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

With ACC now having reached the third update release, the title has bumped up in price accordingly. Any new adopters of the game will now have to pay a still very reasonable £29.99, and can pick the title up from the Steam platform for PC systems. Kunos have not yet revealed if the game will be moving to console in future, with more news on that subject expected when development matures heading into 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Release 3 Update.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Dont know...every time I start ACC and play it, it feels playing a Pcars version.
Graphics, VR, that is what ACC is all about and that is what the community wants...apparently.
Bashing any new sim racing title is what the sim racing community is about...
I'm not a fan of ACC because it focuses on the GT3 category, that isn't appealing to me, and because I don't like the cash management by early access. But I've decided to give the title a chance because of the reasonable pricing policy, the clear roadmap and the history of kunos in supporting their previous products.

What this title has not that the community wants?
Official modding suppport and maybe (I don't know) the possibility to save a race?
It has everything else the community has been asking for years : modern graphics, VR (as you mentionned) physics (same for the player and the AI if I understood well), wet conditions and changing weather, day & night cycle, proper ranking system for better online races, a complete official competition with the cars and the tracks (I hope the GT3 license includes all the championships...). Do I forgot something?

Last edited:
Just a heads up, not sure if anyone else has same issue, but when I attempt to drive the new BMW on Paul Ricard track in "Sprint Race Weekend" Game Mode, the game freezes and then crashes.

Practice, Quick Race are fine. It is "Early Access", so I am not concerned.

Very cool simulator. I try it with both Thrustmaster T300 and Xbox one controller and feeling is very good

Just a big issue, leaderboard doesn't work for me and PACE rating is stuck to 0. I don't know how to fix it. If someone have an idea!

Indeed, Kunos are pionneers, also Simbin with GTR3 (if not a neverending vaporware) and I think this business decision interesting. I assume it reduces costs (not having to crete a scratch made graphic engine) and that building a competent team on the Unreal engine will make the game development easier for future games using next versions of the engine.
Is it the right engine for simracing? We'll see that in a few months...
@Marcel Offermans
Not only Kunos. Don’t forget Black Delta with their recently in early access released KartKraft using the Unreal engine. So far they did an impressive job (better than Kunos with ACC if you ask me).

Very cool simulator. I try it with both Thrustmaster T300 and Xbox one controller and feeling is very good

Just a big issue, leaderboard doesn't work for me and PACE rating is stuck to 0. I don't know how to fix it. If someone have an idea!

As far as I could understand with the previous release, the Pace is correlated with the best time from other players (some kind of percentage)
With a current best hotlap time of 1:33 on the game , I suppose that we are not even close to see our Pace PC rating leave the 0 level :whistling:

This is why I made a comment on that in a previous post.
Of course nothing special against ACC itself. I am personally already a big fan.

Bashing any new sim racing title is what the sim racing community is about...
I'm not a fan of ACC because it focuses on the GT3 category, that isn't appealing to me, and because I don't like the cash management by early access. But I've decided to give the title a chance because of the reasonable pricing policy, the clear roadmap and the history of kunos in supporting their previous products.

What this title has not that the community wants?
Official modding suppport and maybe (I don't know) the possibility to save a race?
It has everything else the community has been asking for years : modern graphics, VR (as you mentionned) physics (same for the player and the AI if I understood well), wet conditions and changing weather, day & night cycle, proper ranking system for better online races, a complete official competition with the cars and the tracks (I hope the GT3 license includes all the championships...). Do I forgot something?
I boight ACC so i support them too. But i do not like the way ACC is going as it reminds me too much abouf Pcars. That is me being honest, not trolling or bashing

Loving every second of this Sim, liking the BMW also, feels fantastic on my TS XW and trying to get used to that Paul Ricard track...lol...got my new RTX 2070 up and running and with no issues so far (fingers crossed...lol)...and what a difference a good Graphics Card makes to the Sim Racing experience as I am now able to run ACC with 'Epic' settings and man o man does it look good compared to what I was looking at before.

I tested the build 3 this evening, and like the previuos one i like it very much.
The bmw and the track are both a good addition to the game,

but,
- impossible to have a server online on the list
Was the entire list not showing anything or just not your server? It took a bit of trial and error but I did manage to get a server running and it showed up on the list (sometimes it needed a few refreshes). If it didn't show your server at all, chech if you opened up all the correct ports.

Was the entire list not showing anything or just not your server? It took a bit of trial and error but I did manage to get a server running and it showed up on the list (sometimes it needed a few refreshes). If it didn't show your server at all, chech if you opened up all the correct ports.

no list at all.
Totally empty, no error message.
clicking on refreshing has no effect at all .
I didn't tried a all to set up myself a server (should I ?). I just wanted to try to connect somewhere, just curious

Opening ports ?

Thanks in advance for any help

(hey, the gravity of some problems in this world are a lot more accute as the fact that this list is currently empty !!!! ;))

no list at all.
Totally empty, no error message.
clicking on refreshing has no effect at all .
I didn't tried a all to set up myself a server (should I ?). I just wanted to try to connect somewhere, just curious

Opening ports ?

Thanks in advance for any help

(hey, the gravity of some problems in this world are a lot more accute as the fact that this list is currently empty !!!! ;))

A heads up; refer to the note/blog issued by Paul Jeffrey yesterday - ACC: Multiplayer Fixes on Route - Online Servers Down

Literally coming up to the final chicane at the NRBGR on the last lap, nose right on the leaders rear bumper, in a 1hr race. Screen freeze - Fatal Error - speakers near blowing from static noise! Ah the joys of EA. Otherwise AI was behaving realistically at 90% aggression - would take a dive if you left the inside open and would try the outside too. In AC I was using 93 to 96 opponent level to have decent racing. In ACC 88 is my spot right now, but that's more because the AI nudge me off the track and then skate by without issue. I know they were working on not having small taps send you into the gravel trap, but apparently that still happens with regularity.......

I seem to get issues when I pause in game to look at replays versus just driving through to the end. The Pause option does not seem to be stable....

Last edited:
So, i despise Paul Ricard. Besides Circuit of the Americas I can't think of a track that I'd rather not drive.

That being said, I found myself lapping for over an hour at the track and grinning ear to ear. The high speed right hander after the straight is fantastic as the car slides through the corner. I don't know if they've updated the FFB, but it feels a tiny bit better. I'm also seeing more stability in VR, although I don't think the clarity is any better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back