ACC Build 3 Released: Adds Multiplayer, Paul Ricard and BMW

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build is now live!

Adding a new car in the form of the BMW M6 GT3, a new laserscanned version of the Paul Ricard circuit and a first pass at multiplayer functionality, this is indeed a big day for the team over at Kunos Simulazioni as they move into the third stage of Early Access with Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As well as the new content added to the core title, today also brings a rather significant sized change log of fixes and amendments to the game. Well worth a read to understand some of the level of commitment being undertaken by Kunos at this early stage of development for ACC, the full update notes can be seen below:

• New BMW M6 GT3
  • New Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
  • Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
  • New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
  • Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
  • Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
  • Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
  • Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
  • Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
  • Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
  • Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
  • Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
  • Fixed values on setup screen
  • Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
  • Improved start assist
  • Improved TC logic
  • TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
  • Improved pitlane limiter function.
  • Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
  • Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
  • Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
  • Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
  • Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
  • Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
  • Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
  • Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
  • Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
  • Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
  • pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
  • removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
  • Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
  • textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
  • minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
  • Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
  • New audio device selector in audio options
  • Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
  • Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
  • Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
  • Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
  • Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
  • Events poliphony optimization
  • Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
  • Minor audio fixes
  • Performance optimizations in the game thread
  • Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
  • Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
  • Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

With ACC now having reached the third update release, the title has bumped up in price accordingly. Any new adopters of the game will now have to pay a still very reasonable £29.99, and can pick the title up from the Steam platform for PC systems. Kunos have not yet revealed if the game will be moving to console in future, with more news on that subject expected when development matures heading into 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Release 3 Update.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Well multiplayer is unplayable at the moment for me. Constant game crashes after a few minutes, every car had a ping of about 1000 (I was on one of the official ACC servers with a latency of 30ish, could've been all cars from Japan or Hawaii but I doubt it) and performance is even worse than against AI cars.
But on the bright side, Paul Ricard is very well done and the M6 is just great to drive!

Let's wait and see when Kunos is able to fix the issues, hopefully before 0.4! :)

Jordan Dion

Bluestar Racing
Thanks for that update Kunos!
Dude the VR experience whit my rift is so horrible! Cant see nothing whit a 1080 ti..
I hope next update will optimize the VR experience.. and also mouse support in menu!
Keep the good work Kunos!

For mine, I am more than happy with the progress made to date. I expected no more from an "Early Release". Many thanks Kunos. I am more than confident, the final title will be EPIC!!!

Edit: For any gamepad users: I had tweaked the settings until blue in the face. I decided to go back to Kunos default. What a change! Drives like a dream (I am XBox One Controller).

One small note .I can not get rid of "Driver Name" while viewing replay. I have changed Drivers Name (in Hud) to "Always Off". Rebooted game. Still can not get rid of it. It is not a gamebreaker for me.

Last edited:
Not keen on the way the BMW feels to drive at the moment. For lack of a better term it feels "floaty" to me. Highly technical I know but that's what it feels like. I'm sure that will change though once it's been tweaked a bit. Good update!

DKGORACE

Premium
Not keen on the way the BMW feels to drive at the moment. For lack of a better term it feels "floaty" to me. Highly technical I know but that's what it feels like. I'm sure that will change though once it's been tweaked a bit. Good update!
I agree completely. It's not a true feeling as the two other cars. and yet the Bentley and Lamborghini were not "great" from their release either, things hopefully will get better in the long run.

Observations from 2 hours (so far) of a three hour race:
  • The track really rubbers in - much more visible and noticeably stickier than in any other shorter options
  • New pit animations are very cool
  • AI can and do run out of fuel on track. At first it was interesting, but soon 5 or 6 cars were out around the track and the others began to pile up behind them. Soon I was in first place - not typical and not how I want to win.
  • AI were pitting too, so some made it in others just stayed out and risked it(?)
  • In a grid fail, the car I was driving was also a competitor on the track. They seem to have a lot of liveries for the other cars so not sure why the Walkenhorst car had to appear 2x in a 15 car field

Completely disagree but I would say that is how I would describe the Bentley right now, anyways the future looks promising for the game!

BP

Premium
Just tried out the BMW and Paul Ricard in practice and hotlap modes for 30 mins...it feels decent to me; throttle control is fairly manageable on the aggressive preset...I wish had more grip overall but I like it so far. Paul Ricard is one of my favourite tracks but it is difficult looking into some corners, but I'm on triple screens so the stretching isn't helping matters. Overall I think it's shaping up nicely...didn't try MP yet so no comment.

What's the fastest time y'all got so far? Using the aggressive preset in the BMW, I managed a 1:55.8...can definitely squeeze a 1:54 out with more practice.

Can anyone advice for best FOV and display settings as a workaround for the lack of triple monitor support? I am getting curious about having a try of ACC again.

I normally switch from the default cockpit view (the shakier one with the virtual wheel and driver arms) to the other cockpit cam that's closer to the dashboard screen (less shakier and no virtual wheel). After that, pause the game and go into "view settings". I settled on 32 FOV for the BMW, but my math correct FOV is 28; couldn't see out the right side under 28 FOV...however 28 is fine for the Lambo, haven't messed with the Bentley that much so can't remember.

Definitely not ideal (I hate the fisheye effect), but at this point there's nothing to do but wait and hope Kunos doesn't leave us without Triple monitor support by full release day.

Had a quick few laps earlier, the FFB seems to continue to improve - this is worlds away from the first month of EA already.

Triples sorta work if you don't try and go for a calculated FOV - if I do that I can't see the dashboard anyway. Just pick something that your brain finds acceptable & then try not to look at the very edges of the display.

All these hopes for the future: "Right now it sucks but (teethgrinding) it will be better in the future..."
As far as i understand Kunos has march as deadline for a full release. So within three and a half month they have to release: features, tracks and cars. Meanwhile i read VR, AI and MP are not working correctly. And in between Christman and New Year. To me it sounds like an aweful tight schedule.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 79 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000