ACC Build 3 Released: Adds Multiplayer, Paul Ricard and BMW

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build is now live!

Adding a new car in the form of the BMW M6 GT3, a new laserscanned version of the Paul Ricard circuit and a first pass at multiplayer functionality, this is indeed a big day for the team over at Kunos Simulazioni as they move into the third stage of Early Access with Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As well as the new content added to the core title, today also brings a rather significant sized change log of fixes and amendments to the game. Well worth a read to understand some of the level of commitment being undertaken by Kunos at this early stage of development for ACC, the full update notes can be seen below:

• New BMW M6 GT3
  • New Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
  • Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
  • New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
  • Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
  • Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
  • Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
  • Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
  • Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
  • Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
  • Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
  • Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
  • Fixed values on setup screen
  • Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
  • Improved start assist
  • Improved TC logic
  • TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
  • Improved pitlane limiter function.
  • Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
  • Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
  • Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
  • Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
  • Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
  • Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
  • Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
  • Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
  • Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
  • Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
  • pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
  • removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
  • Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
  • textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
  • minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
  • Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
  • New audio device selector in audio options
  • Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
  • Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
  • Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
  • Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
  • Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
  • Events poliphony optimization
  • Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
  • Minor audio fixes
  • Performance optimizations in the game thread
  • Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
  • Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
  • Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

With ACC now having reached the third update release, the title has bumped up in price accordingly. Any new adopters of the game will now have to pay a still very reasonable £29.99, and can pick the title up from the Steam platform for PC systems. Kunos have not yet revealed if the game will be moving to console in future, with more news on that subject expected when development matures heading into 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Release 3 Update.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Do you know [...] any non Crytek game using successfully the Cryengine?

CryEngine got forked by Amazon and evolved into Lumberyard: https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/ and is being used in Star Citizen for example: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...dron-42-Utilize-Amazon-Lumberyard-Game-Engine but I'll admit it has nowhere near the number of AAA titles using it compared to UE4 (or Unity). That said, if you look at racing simulations (or games) there are very few successful titles on the market yet using off the shelf engines. So it's probably too early to tell and ACC are definitely pioneering this.

That's surely the second reason.
I begin to wonder why they chose that UE for ACC ... it doesn't look at all to be the right one for a car sim.

For some reason it became a trend to use these sourced engines, so it probably also drives sales and that may have been a factor why it was chosen. Few years ago none talked about these engines in sim racing circles, it was all about DX12. Now when DX12 is dead, for some reason in every race sim's forum people are asking developers to move to UE4 as if it was some holy grail.

With the new build, driver names now appear over the cars while racing in single player mode.
I selected "Driver Names Always Off" in the HUD menu, but that didn't work (although that may be driver names in the HUD track map). I can't find anything else that controls this setting such as key bindings. Help is appreciated.

With the new build, driver names now appear over the cars while racing in single player mode.
I selected "Driver Names Always Off" in the HUD menu, but that didn't work (although that may be driver names in the HUD track map). I can't find anything else that controls this setting such as key bindings. Help is appreciated.
Yes id like to know also.

I tested the build 3 this evening, and like the previuos one i like it very much.
The bmw and the track are both a good addition to the game,

but,
- impossible to have a server online on the list
- event 7, best lap in the loading page 1:33, which is in my opinion impossible.
I am not a quick guy, but with a lap in about 1:59, I surely can not loose about 26" per lap.
Sorry, it is impossible.
I would like some explanation on a 1:33" lap

I'm with you, I just made 1:57 and with a very lucky lap . LOL

Performance optimizations in the game thread

Running mid/low end gear G4560/1050ti 4gb and before this update I could only hotlap alone. Now, I can race up to 5 AI running around 55fps. I've gotten into this cycle with ACC when the monthly update arrives, I'll test and do maybe 10 laps to check out the new car/track then it's straight back to rF2, R3E.
This update was a good one for me, small performance boost it would seem and the BMW feels great. I'm not feeling that "floating" others have described. Keep on keeping on Kunos!

CryEngine got forked by Amazon and evolved into Lumberyard: https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/ and is being used in Star Citizen for example: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...dron-42-Utilize-Amazon-Lumberyard-Game-Engine but I'll admit it has nowhere near the number of AAA titles using it compared to UE4 (or Unity). That said, if you look at racing simulations (or games) there are very few successful titles on the market yet using off the shelf engines. So it's probably too early to tell and ACC are definitely pioneering this.
Indeed, Kunos are pionneers, also Simbin with GTR3 (if not a neverending vaporware) and I think this business decision interesting. I assume it reduces costs (not having to crete a scratch made graphic engine) and that building a competent team on the Unreal engine will make the game development easier for future games using next versions of the engine.
Is it the right engine for simracing? We'll see that in a few months...

All these hopes for the future: "Right now it sucks but (teethgrinding) it will be better in the future..."
As far as i understand Kunos has march as deadline for a full release. So within three and a half month they have to release: features, tracks and cars. Meanwhile i read VR, AI and MP are not working correctly. And in between Christman and New Year. To me it sounds like an aweful tight schedule.
yep the pressure is definately on

I race all the decent titles out there. I run a couple of laps in ACC, and then I'm like ….meh.... proceeds to fire up iracing (or rf2/ ams/ r3e). I'm sorry, but even without unreal or whatever engine is hip these days, or swaying trees and junk. iracing (rf2/ams tied 2nd) just feels the most immersive and alive. I don't know what is so hard about their code that can't be duplicated. Everyone and there mother would love to race with AI sometimes in iracing.

Not hating on ACC, just doesn't fit my jive......yet

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back