AC Server Manager

Misc AC Server Manager v1.7.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thnx for the latest update!

I'm wondering if it is possible for anyone to use the looping functionality (having multiple tracks in the loop)?

I'm probably doing something wrong/expecting a different behavior. What I did was create several custom-races, then click on the 'play-icon' next to them to have them appear in the 'loop-list' underneath. Then I started one of the races in the loop-list by pressing the green button of that race.

What I get is that only that race is looped, what I want/expect is that the server will loop through all the races. So for instance when nobody is on the server, it will be in qualifying for 15 minutes, it will start the race after that, ending the race because there are fewer than 2 drivers, then starting the next race in the loop-list.

Btw would it be possible to have dynamic weather? (more than 1 weather-type during a race)

Hi,

Thanks! Hope you like it.

Races in the loop list should start without you pressing the green start button. The idea is they run when the server doesn't have any manually started races running. (although there is a bit of a delay before they start, shouldn't be more than a minute or two).

Also I'm not sure that it will move on to the next event without any drivers on the server. (I'm not 100% on this, the behaviour is controlled by Assetto itself). I'm pretty sure that if you run a qualifying with no drivers it will just hang at the end of the qualifying until somebody joins, never starting the race session. Again I could be wrong about this. Regardless manually starting the race is probably what's caused the looped races to not work as you expected, try letting them start by themselves.

In terms on dynamic weather - not at the moment. I know the Sol guys are working on this and don't want to step on their toes, but when they get it working we will do our best to implement it. At the moment Sol requires a custom lua file locally to control the dynamic weather, and I presume you'd have to somehow sync these between clients to get it working. (I did try getting a group of people to just run the file and join a server, but it seems the lua file is ignored/doesn't work whilst in an online session, might be set that way somewhere).

I managed to get it running, however stracker doesn't seem to store anything (but i can see the connection is working in ptracker, since the connection icon is green). I am getting 1 error in the console, can you help me out?
This is from the console:
time="2019-04-14T10:08:49+02:00" level=error msg="Could not load server account options" error="servermanager: value not set"
time="2019-04-14T10:08:50+02:00" level=info msg="starting assetto server manager on: localhost:8772"

Taken from stracker log:
{2019-04-14 12:24:50}: stracker[WARN ]: Server seems to be down (no events received). Continue anyways.
{2019-04-14 12:25:27}: stracker[INFO ]: Enabled keep alive (30 seconds/3 seconds) for the connection (windows).
{2019-04-14 12:25:28}: stracker[INFO ]: signin {'track_checksum': '', 'guid': 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'trackname': '', 'car': '', 'ac_version': '', 'car_checksum': '', 'pt_version': '3.4.0'}
{2019-04-14 12:26:36}: stracker[INFO ]: signin {'track_checksum': 'da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709', 'guid': 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'trackname': 'knockhill2017-knockhill', 'car': 'gue_bmw_m240i_cup', 'ac_version': '1.16.3', 'car_checksum': 'ef82632a6067a719319609345879c5b753f98962', 'pt_version': '3.4.0'}
{2019-04-14 12:26:36}: stracker[INFO ]: send_lap_info guid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
{2019-04-14 12:26:36}: stracker[WARN ]: Cannot find guid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in active drivers. Ignoring.
(replaced guid with xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hi! Glad you got it kinda working! I'm not hugely familiar with stracker but i managed to get it working following the config.yml instructions about connecting it and setting up the ports manually in the stracker config. Were you running a race? This might be an stracker issue rather than an issue with AC Server Manager, but I'm not really sure...

Hi! Glad you got it kinda working! I'm not hugely familiar with stracker but i managed to get it working following the config.yml instructions about connecting it and setting up the ports manually in the stracker config. Were you running a race? This might be an stracker issue rather than an issue with AC Server Manager, but I'm not really sure...

If I start my server the old fashioned way, stracker works fine. I unpacked a new stracker inside server manager and changed ports as described and changed config.yml (uncommented the stracker line). But then nothing is logged. I can post my settings tonight if needed)

If I start my server the old fashioned way, stracker works fine. I unpacked a new stracker inside server manager and changed ports as described and changed config.yml (uncommented the stracker line). But then nothing is logged. I can post my settings tonight if needed)

Can you send me them in a private message? I'll try and do some more detailed stracker testing later today.

Hi,

Thanks! Hope you like it.

Races in the loop list should start without you pressing the green start button. The idea is they run when the server doesn't have any manually started races running. (although there is a bit of a delay before they start, shouldn't be more than a minute or two).

Also I'm not sure that it will move on to the next event without any drivers on the server. (I'm not 100% on this, the behaviour is controlled by Assetto itself). I'm pretty sure that if you run a qualifying with no drivers it will just hang at the end of the qualifying until somebody joins, never starting the race session. Again I could be wrong about this. Regardless manually starting the race is probably what's caused the looped races to not work as you expected, try letting them start by themselves.

In terms on dynamic weather - not at the moment. I know the Sol guys are working on this and don't want to step on their toes, but when they get it working we will do our best to implement it. At the moment Sol requires a custom lua file locally to control the dynamic weather, and I presume you'd have to somehow sync these between clients to get it working. (I did try getting a group of people to just run the file and join a server, but it seems the lua file is ignored/doesn't work whilst in an online session, might be set that way somewhere).

Awesome! Thnx for the reply!

I'll try it asap, just to be sure...it's not possible to begin the 'loop' with a specific track within the loop-list?

I've used another program in the past, which used the behavior I described, will check if this remains (if Assetto itself regulates this)

Cool! Really curious if they will succeed with the dynamic weather!
(Btw I saw on some videos a spray and a wet road surface, do I (and the people logging on to the server) need special software for this?)

Thnx again for your hard work, really appreciated!!

Awesome! Thnx for the reply!

I'll try it asap, just to be sure...it's not possible to begin the 'loop' with a specific track within the loop-list?

I've used another program in the past, which used the behavior I described, will check if this remains (if Assetto itself regulates this)

Cool! Really curious if they will succeed with the dynamic weather!
(Btw I saw on some videos a spray and a wet road surface, do I (and the people logging on to the server) need special software for this?)

Thnx again for your hard work, really appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

And no not currently, although it should start on the first one you add. Let me know, there may be something we can do to improve how it works!

I hope so, the dynamic weather stuff is really fun. I think the wet surface/spray stuff comes directly from WeatherFX, you need to use an in-game app to turn it on. I think there are also wet layout mods for tracks. If Captain Condescending checks out this thread at some point he could probably answer better than I can.

Can you send me them in a private message? I'll try and do some more detailed stracker testing later today.
I send you the files. I spent 2 evenings now trying to figure this out... Reinstalling this software from scratch, installing stracker from scratch. I even installed acsrelay (which seemed to make it work, but still nothing is written to stracker).
It just wont work... For now back to old fashioned acservermanager.exe which works perfect with stracker...

Really like this interface!
Unfortunately I don't seen to be able to upload tracks or cars and i haven't even gotten to attempting the sol weather upload yet.
I click the "choose a folder" I get a windows file search window. I go to my default installation path. Select the cars folder it just opens. I don't see any place where it would up load.
The drag and drop functionality gives me the same type of result, nothing happens?
Assistance please.

Hey, I'm currently running my server with pTracker and even KMR, they are both launched by AC Server Manager (although I have a small issue I will describe later).

@Hecrer I think the stracker instructions in the config.yml might not be 100% correct, that's probably why @Sandokhanul is having problems

The instructions say to set rcvPort = 12002 and sendPort = 11002, but this is not always the case.
You have to set sendPort in your stracker.ini to the same value you set in UDP Plugin Local Port in the AC Server Manager settings page.
Then you have to set rcvPort to the port you use for the UDP Plugin Address specified in the AC Server Manager settings page. Don't really mind the values in the config.yml, they don't strictly have to be those ones.

This implies you must not use the ports that the AC Server Manager writes directly in the server_cfg.ini for your plugins configuration. Use the ones from the Settings tab of AC Server Manager instead

That is how I got i t working at least...the issue I have is that I get a

" level=error msg="Can't kill process: [pid], err: exit status 128" "

message when I try to shutdown the server, basically it seems like AC Server manager is unable to shut down KMR and sTracker plugins when I stop the server. I'm unsure why, it just seems unable to kill them.
It does kill them tho when I click on "Restart" (although they sometimes fail to restart)....weird issue

Unfortunately I don't seen to be able to upload tracks or cars

Are you trying to upload the entire contents of the cars or tracks folders - If so, this won't work (browser limitations). Try it with an individual car folder first, you should be able to drag it, it will show a preview (you'll see the car pictures), then hit upload. If that works OK then I found you can get away with uploading in batches of about 20 individual car folders

Unfortunately I don't seen to be able to upload tracks or cars and i haven't even gotten to attempting the sol weather upload yet.
I click the "choose a folder" I get a windows file search window. I go to my default installation path. Select the cars folder it just opens. I don't see any place where it would up load.
The drag and drop functionality gives me the same type of result, nothing happens?
Assistance please.

Thanks!

As @ShinyAndy said you should get a preview and an upload button after dragging and dropping/using the upload interface. Try his suggestion - it could well be that.

In the event that doesn't work what browser are you using?

Hey, I'm currently running my server with pTracker and even KMR, they are both launched by AC Server Manager (although I have a small issue I will describe later).

@Hecrer I think the stracker instructions in the config.yml might not be 100% correct, that's probably why @Sandokhanul is having problems

The instructions say to set rcvPort = 12002 and sendPort = 11002, but this is not always the case.
You have to set sendPort in your stracker.ini to the same value you set in UDP Plugin Local Port in the AC Server Manager settings page.
Then you have to set rcvPort to the port you use for the UDP Plugin Address specified in the AC Server Manager settings page. Don't really mind the values in the config.yml, they don't strictly have to be those ones.

This implies you must not use the ports that the AC Server Manager writes directly in the server_cfg.ini for your plugins configuration. Use the ones from the Settings tab of AC Server Manager instead

That is how I got i t working at least...the issue I have is that I get a

" level=error msg="Can't kill process: [pid], err: exit status 128" "

message when I try to shutdown the server, basically it seems like AC Server manager is unable to shut down KMR and sTracker plugins when I stop the server. I'm unsure why, it just seems unable to kill them.
It does kill them tho when I click on "Restart" (although they sometimes fail to restart)....weird issue

The setup you have described here is correct, it does explain this on lines 123 + 124 of the example config, but I guess writing default numbers in the actual variables could be confusing. Thanks for helping out!

That error is an interesting one. Killing other processes in windows (I'm assuming you're running the server on windows) is difficult (especially if you have user account control/don't have admin) so we have a few different methods that run after each other if the previous one fails. Have you checked to see if the KMR and sTracker executables are still running? If they are then we'll look into it further (and improve the error messages).

Apologies
There is something I don't understand and I need help.

File config.yml (windows folder)

# you can of course add your own commands (whatever you like!) here.
#
# this assumes that you have installed stracker into a folder called "stracker"
# next to the server-manager executable.
run_on_start:

# uncomment the line below for stracker on
Windows
# - ./stracker/stracker.exe --stracker_ini ./stracker/stracker.ini

Can someone give me an example that should go after "run_on_start:"?

I have sTracker here
Is it correct?

Thks

Pd1: Either of these two options gives me error "./stracker/stracker.exe --stracker_ini" or "./stracker/stracker.ini"
Pd2:The tracker works correctly.
But when I restart the CA server administrator ... sTracker cancels and I must manually restart it.
This is my real problem !

Last edited:
Hello! Again thank you for the wonderful job.
I come here as you ask for presition about my customization request.

I have some ideas for cosmetic : Color customization and the posibility to add a logo of our team/forum, remove some buttons (quick race)

I have other ideas for the account management, it would be cool if we can customize what parameter accounts can modify on a server

And last idea, at ACFR we like make little hotlap championship, if we can have the ability to see best time on a speficic combo around multiple session, we can no longer use straker :)

fo8Qoif.jpg

That error is an interesting one. Killing other processes in windows (I'm assuming you're running the server on windows) is difficult (especially if you have user account control/don't have admin) so we have a few different methods that run after each other if the previous one fails. Have you checked to see if the KMR and sTracker executables are still running? If they are then we'll look into it further (and improve the error messages).
Alright, I've tried it on 2 different OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10 1803 (I have admin privileges on both user accounts, and on the WServer machine UAC is disabled)
And yes, the executables do keep running after I stop the server and I get the error messages.

But when I start the server again, something even more weird happen: Another instance of both plugins gets spawned, and immediately crashes, leaving the previously spawned ones still running.

Hello! Again thank you for the wonderful job.
I come here as you ask for presition about my customization request.

I have some ideas for cosmetic : Color customization and the posibility to add a logo of our team/forum, remove some buttons (quick race)

I have other ideas for the account management, it would be cool if we can customize what parameter accounts can modify on a server

And last idea, at ACFR we like make little hotlap championship, if we can have the ability to see best time on a speficic combo around multiple session, we can no longer use straker :)

Hi, thanks again!

I'll share my views on this stuff, but we are a team so the other guys may not agree with me on everything! At the moment we're focusing mostly on getting features working well, so visual stuff is on a bit of a back seat.

I see no reason why we couldn't do colour customisation, I'll add it to the 1.3 roadmap. Adding a logo could be possible too, but not quite as simple.

I have no idea about completely removing sections of the manager such as quick race, I get that you might never use these features, but are they in the way enough to justify building in a system to toggle them on/off?

More control over user accounts is something we are interested in doing, maybe being able to control the permissions of different account levels would be a cool idea. Good suggestion!

That sounds interesting. Currently if you run a looped practice session then it will save your best times in the live timing (even after you disconnect and across sessions). But in the case of hotlapping it would be good to be able to save that information permanently somewhere. This would be a decent bit of work though, and I'm not sure what it would actually look like in the UI. One to consider, I'll add it to the list, but we probably won't be seeing it for a little while. We have been discussing more advanced results pages, so for example going to a drivers page and seeing an overview of their races, best times at different tracks etc. Maybe we could implement this idea into that system somehow.

Thanks for your suggestions, I hope I've been helpful!

Hi Luis,

not sure if this is all that's going on, but it looks like you removed the "- " character at the start of line 130 in the config.yml. So the line should look like:

- ./stracker/stracker.exe --stracker_ini ./stracker/stracker.ini

not:

./stracker/stracker.exe --stracker_ini ./stracker/stracker.ini

If stracker isn't properly stopping automatically when the server stops then I don't think that's down to you, I think we have a bug somewhere, you may have to manually stop it for the time being until we get the problem sorted.

Thks Hecrer !

Yea ! but don't start AC server manager.....

Is it necessary to put data in "server"?

gzFfTK0.jpg

Nothing is necessary in server, it's just for extra commands/options. But what you have is still not quite formatted correctly, YAML needs correct formatting to read the information properly. run_on_start should look like this:

(i've written [indent] where two spaces should be, for some reason this text block ignores spaces at the start of a line)

server:
[indent]run_on_start:
[indent x2]- ./stracker/stracker_linux_x86/stracker --stracker_ini ./stracker/stracker.ini

The paths need to be on the line after run_on_start, and that second line needs to be indented by two characters (as it is by default). As they are in your config they won't work. Hope this helps!

If you want to check that your YAML is valid you can use http://www.yamllint.com/. It'll show you where the issues are if there are any.

Thanks

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Forum trophies