AC Modding Questions Thread

I have no idea what can be wrong, other than FBX export issues. Or if you're using 3DSimED: 3DSimED issues :p

Because re-exporting worked the first time for me, try these re-exported timings (untested; remove .txt and add it to the models.ini file):

Attachments

• test_timings.kn5.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 40
I am trying to fix a track I am driving and I want to replace an object with another I made. But it doesn't work. Why doesn't this work:

This is the contents of the file:
[INCLUDE]

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR=ghoults
VERSION=1.0
DATE_RELEASE=2021 13th may
NOTES=

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_0]
FILE=pukekohe_park2013.kn5
HIDE=1road_phys01

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_1]
FILE = ?.kn5
INSERT = pknewroad.kn5

Basically replace the road mesh with my own. I've then saved that as ext_config.ini in "extension" folder inside the track. Does not work. Then I thought shaders patch loads a file called "pukekohe_park2013.ini" from the "assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded" folder. Replaced that. Still does not work.

What kind of code do I need if I just want to remove 1road_phys01 from the track kn5 and then add my own pknewroad.kn5 with its 2road_phys01 as the new driving mesh?

You can't:
If you’re replacing some exterior part of a car, keep in mind lower LOD models. And, of course, if you’re inserting new models to tracks, don’t forget to setup LOD distances. Also, just in case, whole thing wouldn’t work for meshes and nodes with names starting with “AC_” or digits, or containing “WALL”, to make sure this option couldn’t be used for cheating.
(from its wikia link)

Last edited:
a man cannot join our server, he gets this error:

error.JPG

found out it's a LOD issue with the car. What have I done is removing the only .kn5 lod file in the folder and then removed the lod_1 section in the lods.ini data file. But still this man having troubles. Car works perfectly offline, but when trying to join the server it goes crazy

hello, tell me how to edit the driver correctly. on the network I found an interesting driver in a cap, but with a slight flaw, I decided to edit it in a blender (moved my head forward a little), but in the end only the head remained of the driver. I decided to try it with a standard kunos driver, just imported it into a blender (I didn't change anything) and exported it back, as a result, again, only the head remained from the driver. tell me what is the problem?

hello, tell me how to edit the driver correctly. on the network I found an interesting driver in a cap, but with a slight flaw, I decided to edit it in a blender (moved my head forward a little), but in the end only the head remained of the driver. I decided to try it with a standard kunos driver, just imported it into a blender (I didn't change anything) and exported it back, as a result, again, only the head remained from the driver. tell me what is the problem?
The problem is the blender fbx import/export doesn't match AC's expectations, you can't just import + export and get the same result. You need to load up the original driver file in 3dsmax.

Last edited:
The problem is the blender fbx import/export doesn't match AC's expectations, you can't just import + export and get the same result. You need to load up the original driver file in 3dsmax.
I tried 3ds max, the result is the same, only the head is now huge, apparently when exporting somewhere the scale had to be specified. maybe the problem was not in the blender, maybe I'm doing something wrong in ks editors? I'm a newbie, I just got acquainted with the blender recently, 3ds max in general is now launched for the first time.

Last edited:
Sounds a bit like you might not have textures assigned for the driver body, you can do that in the editor. This vid is for a car but the principle's the same:

no, the textures in the ks editor are all in place. well, okay, the problem with the driver is not significant, and it is visible only in the preview room. so I will use it as it is. thanks for answers.
Inked__custom_showroom_1622463029_LI.jpg

hello, is there a way to light up a led depending on the gear that is engaged ?
something which could look like this :

[GEAR_0]
NAME=DISPLAY_GEAR_N
COLOR=25,25,25
OFF_COLOR=10,10,10
TRIGGER=1

This is probably a really simple one, but... how do I link an animation to a braking action? Have some air brakes on a car... Animations work in CM Showroom, they're linked to their respective wings. Now, how do I get them to trigger when braking?

Similarly, I have some others that should animate above a certain speed; how do I trigger those?

This is probably a really simple one, but... how do I link an animation to a braking action? Have some air brakes on a car... Animations work in CM Showroom, they're linked to their respective wings. Now, how do I get them to trigger when braking?

Similarly, I have some others that should animate above a certain speed; how do I trigger those?
You could use a CSP code like this:

Code:
[ANIMATION_...]
INPUT = BRAKE               ; bind to brake pedal
FILE = animation.ksanim     ; file name of new animation in “animations” folder
TIME = 0.5                  ; animation time
INPUT_AS_PROGRESS = 0       ; set to 1 to switch to that second input-as-progress mode
LOOP_WHILE_ACTIVE = 0       ; if set to 0, animation would go to 0% if not triggered, and
                            ; to 100% otherwise; if set to 1, animation would play in
                            ; a loop if triggered and stop otherwise
LOOP_KEEP_UNTIL_DONE = 1    ; only for “LOOP_WHILE_ACTIVE”: set to 1 to make animation
                            ; go to 0% if stopped (like wipers would do, for example)
TICK_TOCK_MODE = 0          ; only for “LOOP_WHILE_ACTIVE”: loop as 0% → 100% → 0% instead
                            ; of jumping from 100% to 0%

And for speed related animations - SPEED is a known input as well, and using something like INPUT_THRESHOLD will trigger the animation at the given number

I'll ask my own question but doubt anyone will know... in 3DS Max, is there a script or plugin that will allow object scattering or painting of objects in hierarchy? So I could scatter dummy/helpers instead of meshes?

Last edited:

No need for CSP for that. I can send you something later today (a car that employs it speed based)

I'll ask my own question but doubt anyone will know... in 3DS Max, is there a script or plugin that will allow object scattering or painting of objects in hierarchy? So I could scatter dummy/helpers instead of meshes?
There is a script around which converts particles of a pflow particle system to dummy objects, it works pretty fast!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back