AC Modding Questions Thread

Map can be made with the same .psd you make the skin. Check the default reflection map, first make something similar for the chrome parts (just copy the AO layer and set it to lighten mode), then copy all the decal layers and adjust them to a suitable color so the decals are not chrome. How to make sure it's applied to the car, just needs to be in skin folder and have correct name is all, open the car in CM showroom to find out

Last edited:
Map can be made with the same .psd you make the skin. Check the default reflection map, first make something similar for the chrome parts (just copy the AO layer and set it to lighten mode), then copy all the decal layers and adjust them to a suitable color so the decals are not chrome. How to make sure it's applied to the car, just needs to be in skin folder and have correct name is all, open the car in CM showroom to find out
Thanks a lot, I'll give it a shot!

Recently I did a test track on assetto corsa and my car keep falling through the ground, idk what to do. I already tried to put the AC_START and others objects higher but didn't worked, I tried to changed the name of objects and textures but it didn't worked as well.

The track have 2 pit spots, 2 grid spots and it is 0,656km

help.

Recently I did a test track on assetto corsa and my car keep falling through the ground, idk what to do. I already tried to put the AC_START and others objects higher but didn't worked, I tried to changed the name of objects and textures but it didn't worked as well.

The track have 2 pit spots, 2 grid spots and it is 0,656km

help.
i'm sure some links might come useful ;)

going through surface is probably because your surface isn't set, for example naming your objects : 1ROAD_myroad for road or 1WALL_mywall for walls etc.

or the spawn is too low
you can put your spawn mor than couple meters above the ground it works fine

Last edited:
i'm sure some links might come useful ;)

going through surface is probably because your surface isn't set, for example naming your objects : 1ROAD_myroad for road or 1WALL_mywall for walls etc.

or the spawn is too low
you can put your spawn mor than couple meters above the ground it works fine
I named the objects like this, set the AC_START and other higher but nothing, and I don't think it have too many verts because it is veeery tiny track, it is just for tests

1619702207610.png
1619702219261.png

Track or car?

For track meshes, I believe only face orientation is used
Welp, I'm out of ideas, then :D

Maybe face size; if a face is physically too large does it break? Is any of it case sensitive (ROAD needed to be caps but anything after needing to be lowercase)? That's about all I can think of.

Had a hypothesis at one point that physically large faces cause body collider problems, cause I've only seen the car pitch over and fall through the ground on large planes, but the tire should still be able to hit it if it drops in right way up.

I had some weird shadow effects and visibility distances when my objects had scaling applied to the mesh but they never caused falling through.

Nope. Face can be 1km×1km and it'll work fine. Lower case works just as well.

@Schmuckiiii could you share your FBX so we can take a look?
I'm directly exporting .kn5 from 3dsimed, cause for some reason I cannot import nothing at kseditor, I always get an error, with FBX files from race track builder I get an error, from FBX files exported from Cinema4D I get an error, so I'm gonna attatch the kn5 file.

Your ground certainly has issues. If you import that kn5 you'll see what I mean.
Regarding the road, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Your starting points appear to have the wrong rotation to them. Rotate them on the X-axis with 90 degree. That's probably the pitch in 3DSimED.

I would certainly advise to find out the right FBX export settings from C4D so you can use the ksEditor.

I'm directly exporting .kn5 from 3dsimed, cause for some reason I cannot import nothing at kseditor, I always get an error, with FBX files from race track builder I get an error, from FBX files exported from Cinema4D I get an error, so I'm gonna attatch the kn5 file.

I tried unpacking the kn5, it took forever, and produced some 100 MB files (which is rather huge for a fbx or obj)... no idea what happened here
2.jpg

I've discovered the tutorial from Norbs about track cameras, using AI line.

(i've recorded my ai line after couple attemps, i had to edit my mesh for the boundaries to be clean-ish otherwise it would pick up side roads etc.)

and now, following this easy looking tutorial, turns out, i can't bloody click on the correct part of the spline in KsEditor...

i then found lilski explaining a tips for Blender and applying rotation and exporting a "rotated" version of the track just for ai/cam purposes, yet i can't make sense of it for 3dsmax

Does anyone know what to do in order to get that clicking position right coming from 3dsmax ?

And for ai line, exporting my splines directly from 3dsmax rather than letting the game decide for me where the boundary should or shouldn't be.. :whistling: :roflmao:

Last edited:
I just open my .kn5 in 3dsimed, export a new .fbx (mytrackcams.fbx) and then import this one into KsEditor to position my cameras, as it allows you to click on the AI spline and get the correct position or IN/OUT locations.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies