AC Modding Questions Thread

no, the car still falls throught the ground. And good news: I finally could import stuff into kseditor, it was a problem of special characters in the folder path
There is certainly something weird about it all.
In-game the objects appear to have some sort of LODing going on, based on camera angle.. It might be that the origin of these objects is somewhere far away and it's culled when the camera isn't facing that way. Best to get the origin of objects near the objects for that reason.
Your ROAD_FILL objects have 300.000 redundant vertices each. So you should probably merge them by a tiny dinstance to get rid of them.
1620133657603.png

I did a re-export after fixing that (and the rotations) and it worked fine ingame.
20210504145858_1.jpg

FWIW, the updated FBX:

Last edited:
K I´ll ask here... this trees seem to have the lighting flipped for some reason; the side that´s facing the sun is darker than the one behind:

"Front"
front.PNGf.PNG

"back"
back.PNGb.PNG

Setup doesn´t matter; they all have the same issue but the ones without the middle vert are the darkest ones

3s.PNG

Last edited:
K I´ll ask here... this trees seem to have the lighting flipped for some reason; the side that´s facing the sun is darker than the one behind:

"Front"
View attachment 472224View attachment 472228

"back"
View attachment 472223View attachment 472227

Setup doesn´t matter; they all have the same issue but the ones without the middle vert are the darkest ones

View attachment 472226
did you read that ? https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...n-track-making-plus-tips.122794/#post-2397224

i'm not very familiar with blender, but it looks like your normals are different on each face
which doesn't matter if you're using the naming convention KSTREE_GROUP_x_ as stated on the link above
ksEditor will then apply its own normal

edit: and on another note
there's no miracle for small trunks like that to receive lights properly
the tree will have a normal of a sphere kind of, so it's rather a light estimation of how a bowl would receive light

you'd need a 3D trunk for better result

Last edited:
yeah, read that and many more... not the first time doing trees but it´s the first i´ve had this issue...
here´s the top view
t.PNG
but as you said, it shouldn´t matter since im using kstree naming... I´ll try to set normals manually, maybe I´ll bump into a solution

yeah, read that and many more... not the first time doing trees but it´s the first i´ve had this issue...
here´s the top view
View attachment 472231
but as you said, it shouldn´t matter since im using kstree naming... I´ll try to set normals manually, maybe I´ll bump into a solution
i edited my post

like THL did 3D trunks for his pines
i did 3D ones for my palms, i guess that's really how you'll achieve proper lighting on the trunk itself

i edited my post

like THL did 3D trunks for his pines
i did 3D ones for my palms, i guess that's really how you'll achieve proper lighting on the trunk itself
yeah I might do 3d trunks for the ones near the track; the ones that are farther away might not need it

Is that one object or are they seperate objects?
separate, tried to make them single user just now and i got a message saying "not yet implemented", is that a blender 2.9 thing or it just means they were already single user?

I know for 2.8 they need to be seperate single user objects, and their origin somewhere near the bottom. Multi-user FBX export can be a bit wonky..
I've not yet tried 2.9.

But if they are seperate objects, then I don't know why the normals wouldn't be done properly by KSTREE grouping..

Last edited:
I got another problem: AC_TIME objects don't work. They are turned in the same direction as the other AC_PIT and AC_START. I did two laps in reverse to test if the AC_TIME objcts where pointing the wrong way but still didn't worked, I tried to put the AC_TIME objects higher (above the ground) but nothing, then I tried to put then lower, with more than half of it below the ground but nothing as well. Because of that I cannot do AI lines, except for pit lines for AI. What do I do?

Now I'm exporting fbx from 3dsimed (suddenly it got back working), putting on kseditor and exporting the kn5 from there

I got another problem: AC_TIME objects don't work. They are turned in the same direction as the other AC_PIT and AC_START. I did two laps in reverse to test if the AC_TIME objcts where pointing the wrong way but still didn't worked, I tried to put the AC_TIME objects higher (above the ground) but nothing, then I tried to put then lower, with more than half of it below the ground but nothing as well. Because of that I cannot do AI lines, except for pit lines for AI. What do I do?

Now I'm exporting fbx from 3dsimed (suddenly it got back working), putting on kseditor and exporting the kn5 from there
Do you have Left and Right time objects? Are they placed so you have to drive between them?

Do you have Left and Right time objects? Are they placed so you have to drive between them?
I have the left and right ones with the names AC_TIME_0_L and R for finish line, AC_TIME_1_L and R for Sector1 and AC_TIME_2_L and R for Sector2

I believe that they are pointed at the right direction, cause I just copied that same object without rotating it for AC_PIT and AC_START
1620395842809.png

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies