AC Modding Questions Thread

That would be awesome, thanks! I have the air brakes working now, but the speed-determined wings don't deploy yet

I have code in the 993s for speed-dependent wings and in the McLaren F1 for actual "airbrake" style deployment based on brake pedal pressure, happy to send those cars your way if you'd like to look at them.

Quick Question.

Any way to mod Kunos Version of Lotus 98T data files?​

I tried unpacking the data and I tried using AC quick car tuner.
The unpacked .ini files are just gibberish. And AC quick tuner cannot edit the files as I get an error that says car won't be loaded, check your data folders as there's no compressed data for this car. I assume it just cannot comprehend the encrypted Kunos original .ini files.

What I'm trying to achieve is to maybe lower the ride height more than the default setups allow so I could get sparks to work with the car. The default lowest ride height puts me at around 44mm lowest which is not low enough imho.

So I´m trying to make a track with lidar for the first time... I think I´m following lilski´s steps to the letter but the mesh keeps importing at a very small scale and rotated at 90 degs (2m cube for reference) Am I missing some import settings or has anything changed since those tutorials?

90.PNG

Edit: I got the rotation right but it still imports into blender at a very small scale, even though scale is at 1 on import. I can match it to the point cloud which imports just fine but I´d still like to understand what´s going wrong.

Last edited:
I'm using CSP config to change driver model on a per-skin basis with a car that uses driver_60 by default. ACSPRH works fine (HANS clips the driver a bit but that's a non-issue), driver works flawlessly, driver_no_HANS works flawlessly, but if I try to use driver_80 or driver_70, the helmet is visible in first-person view blocking sight. Any ideas what to change in the config to fix that?

You must also hide helmet and face objects, which differ in name on those 70/80 driver models so what's just listed on driver3d.ini or a config for other helmets won't work. Can't be bothered to investigate the more compact wiki way (which afaik won't work exactly as documented), so for the moment please try these no-effort config examples that just directly replace driver3d.ini lines:
Code:
;70s
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_70

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

;80s
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_80

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET1985 ;notice no underscore

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]

;60s
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_60

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know how to "fix" cars so that they work with CSp Rain? Certain car mods don't have the proper wiper and windscreen implementation, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?

So I´m trying to make a track with lidar for the first time... I think I´m following lilski´s steps to the letter but the mesh keeps importing at a very small scale and rotated at 90 degs (2m cube for reference) Am I missing some import settings or has anything changed since those tutorials?

View attachment 485410

Edit: I got the rotation right but it still imports into blender at a very small scale, even though scale is at 1 on import. I can match it to the point cloud which imports just fine but I´d still like to understand what´s going wrong.
Units between programmes can get a bit messy. It's probably exporting with cm units while Blender uses meters. Scale it up by a factor of 100 (or export/import with that number) and it'll most likely be allright.
Same happens with SketchUp. Eventhough it's setup with mm units, when exporting to collada it always exports as inches and it needs a rescale of 25,4 inside Blender.

Units between programmes can get a bit messy. It's probably exporting with cm units while Blender uses meters. Scale it up by a factor of 100 (or export/import with that number) and it'll most likely be allright.
Same happens with SketchUp. Eventhough it's setup with mm units, when exporting to collada it always exports as inches and it needs a rescale of 25,4 inside Blender.
Well, scaling by 100 matched size of the mesh with the point cloud, but I managed to export the road mesh for a test and it was huge. Scaling by 10x then by 1.3 after import seems to get me in the ballpark for the correct scale in game so maybe I shouldl scale everything down when I need to export stuff?

2 Questions;
1- Am seem to be unable to tie the [SMOKE_xx] parameter to a [CONDITION_xx] in the CSP track configs?
e.g. This creates a smoke column on the top of the start/finish bridge at KS_Silverstone. See screenshot (and ignore all other smoke columns ;) )
[SMOKE_12]
POSITION = -369.759400, 4.134367, 220.140000
DIRECTION = 0, 2, 0
SPEED = 25
SIZE = 0.1
COLOR = 2.50,2.50,2.50, 1
SPREAD = 9
INTENSITY = 1
I tried adding a "CONDITION = xxx" to it to only show smoke when its the last lap or session end.
Somehow, the smoke is always on.

2- Is it possible to add these kind of configs to showrooms? (effectively enabling a showroom to have working smoke during camera-trajectory movements like these:
)

Attachments

• smoking.jpg
    smoking.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 48
Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I also asked this question on the AC subreddit, but maybe I'll find more replies here...

I'm trying to create a mod for AC which is a revamp of the Career mode also using some modded cars and tracks. It's a lot of work and it's going to take me a while, but there's a specific issue that's driving me crazy.

In some cases, when testing the races (I'm using a timed race format, like 10 mins long races), the AI pits after a lap, sometimes after 2... I tried different car/track combinations and it happens anyway.

Is there any way to prevent the AI from using the pits during races? Anyone who can help me find the problem or help me understand what's causing this behaviour?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I also asked this question on the AC subreddit, but maybe I'll find more replies here...

I'm trying to create a mod for AC which is a revamp of the Career mode also using some modded cars and tracks. It's a lot of work and it's going to take me a while, but there's a specific issue that's driving me crazy.

In some cases, when testing the races (I'm using a timed race format, like 10 mins long races), the AI pits after a lap, sometimes after 2... I tried different car/track combinations and it happens anyway.

Is there any way to prevent the AI from using the pits during races? Anyone who can help me find the problem or help me understand what's causing this behaviour?

Thanks!

The AI needs to run a few laps to know the fuel consumption rates; so they need to run either a practice or qualifying session before the race to set these figures.

The AI needs to run a few laps to know the fuel consumption rates; so they need to run either a practice or qualifying session before the race to set these figures.
Thanks for your help! For some reason I think I fixed it just changing the type of race, I'm now using laps instead of time and the AI doesn't pit anymore...

Please firgive my lrngthy post below...
Hi All, I have an animation question. I was trying to create animation for a rear wing. I followed the following youtube tutorial precisely, https:/HOW TO: Hood Animation | Assetto Corsa | 3dsmax/www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjN2tOQjfbxAhVQqJ4KHTiYDOYQwqsBegQIDhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5H2qJyMefr0&usg=AOvVaw1fNBK6hItegXFgpA1ENHcZ, but when I open the fbx animation in kseditorAt, the rear wing moves from its original position slightly and when I move the animation bar in the animation tab, it does not play the animation at all. But if I export the model to kn5 and do all the steps followed, I can see the animation in AC manager showroom. But similar to what happened in kseditorAt, the rear wing was moved slightly from its correct position when the car was loaded into AC manager showroom. If i played the wing animation it would move back to the right place at the end of the retracting animation. If I open the same model and fbx animation in Kuno's kseditor, it also move the rear wing slightly, but the animation can be played in it. Can anyone shed some light on me on this? I tried to delete all dummies to start all over again but the same problem remained. I made sure the axis of the animation dummy points to the right direction, Z-forward, Y-up, and units were in meter. Only thing I was thinking is if kseditor would move the object a bit if it was clashing into another object in it's initial position, but I do not think the program cares about that..... thank you

p.s. my wing moves up and down instead of flipping like the hood in the link above, but i don't think i did anything wrong moving it from original position in scene one to its final position which i have picked to be scene 80, exporting animation to send 80 only did not solve the problem either, plz help

• Deleted member 223075

Again, a member send me a PM with this question : "my stolen converted shitty mod i took from assetto land was deleted why ?".....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 223075

Hi,

On digital_instruments.ini all item are in place but can't see them. Is there any method to know wich is the correct needed position (X,Y,Z) on display ?

I have a question about the ui.json file. It seems some html code works there but most doesn't. As far as I can tell br works to add space around text but is it possible make text bold, underlined, change size or color? Or add tables?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years